Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

5 years later

JulieJulie
Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
in General Chat
i decide to play the game for realsies, I didn't know where to start, i figured i would just complete the second half of the saga, which i did, I gotta say, it had some pretty terrible missions with some of the most annoying puzzles, However I am finally glad i can finally get to be able to kick Ruari's rear side, but as i saw his flashbacks i got some pretty deep feels and a good ol high flow of nostalgia, the ending however still sorta kinda left me confused, if maybe someone can explain to me, that will be great.

Anyways i noticed I got this weird EXP thing that i have no idea what it does, it's called Eluned renowned or something like that? I see it that it's leveling up but i have no idea how to check that level it'self what does it really do.

Also i noticed that the fashinogi aspect of the game has gone quite darn overboard, afkers everywhere too and very little social interaction, which kinda leaves me sad that I wasn't able to randomly drag myself in convos i had nothing to do with like i did a decade ago.

Also i am loving the way the story missions are set up, it's just so convenient to just click on the story you wanna start and hit play.

And jesus, they still haven't fixed elves.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 16, 2019
    Renown is found in the Character window.

Open it up, and check the Renown tab.
    There are 6 in total:
    Yvona
    Nele
    Briana
    Endelyon
    Edern
    Eluned

Go look at the Renown tab, scroll the list to see each of the Renown types, your current progress towards the daily renown limit, and mouse over each NPC's portrait to see how to gain renown for that NPC, and also the current bonus each renown type is giving you.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Your timing is such that there is a particularly large amount of AFKing because the event literally encourages it. And to AFK in a party as a group at that.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Julie wrote: »
    Five years later...

Julie Shippuden? :p
    pawcalypse
  • JulieJulie
    Five years later...

idk what that means but i think i have to be a weeb to know....
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Five years later...

You are already a weeb for playing this game.
    IyasenuKensamaofmaripawcalypseRadiant Dawnsalty_bread
  • JulieJulie
    Greta wrote: »
    Five years later...

that was the joke, but in all honestly i do not know what it means but it sounded anime lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh look Julie is back. Inb4 Zaro ban dodges with more Warframe. 9dnGeIh.png
    edited January 16, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »

"There is a difference between egotism and confidence. Confidence exists in spite of one's fallibility; egotism exists on the belief in lacking imperfections."

I wish to say that to him, before communicating how he exudes the latter rather than the former. Just saying, from one almost narcissistic individual to the next. :p
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    edited January 16, 2019
    Or it could be more avoidance rather than actual shyness because people know full-well that they are cheating and react akwardly because you caught them naked by trying to interact with them. mwuahahahaha
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

eh, Julie has always been lurking.
    Wolfsingerpawcalypse
  • JulieJulie
    I would love you all and give you hugs and kisses if we dont do the zaro thing.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

But the Zaro thing is so amusing and intriguing. Every time you pop up I am reminded of him and his rantings about you. lol. XD
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited January 16, 2019
    Welcome back. The stories continue on and it's like anything else...you need to get the buildup before they discuss anything. There has been a lot of conent as they need to cater to the newer players as well as keep it a bit tangeable for the older players to keep playing. Still waiting for the revamp for most of our conent as they are very outdated.

They fixed elves.....in their own way? I guess. They haven't fixed a lot of things. I mean....look at rafting...will that ever get fixed? Many are still waiting for the fixes, revamps and moderators to moderate the game.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    They have not fixed elves.

Giants are getting ANOTHER update.

lol.

Hugs and Kisses?! :D
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Five years later...

Wasn't there a guy who came onto the forum to call everyone a weeb awhile back cuz animu grfx?

Thread haz been nuked so I can't find it. :(
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Rhey wrote: »
    Five years later...

Wasn't there a guy who came onto the forum to call everyone a weeb awhile back cuz animu grfx?

Thread haz been nuked so I can't find it. :(

Omg yeah, i remember now. There was some kind of dude calling everyone weebs and hating on MMO Junkie crossover (i think?) and when someone pointed out that this game literally has anime-style too, i laughed and thought "karma".
  • JulieJulie

But the Zaro thing is so amusing and intriguing. Every time you pop up I am reminded of him and his rantings about you. lol. XD

I don't think he will be doing that anymore, lol.
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Welcome back. The stories continue on and it's like anything else...you need to get the buildup before they discuss anything. There has been a lot of conent as they need to cater to the newer players as well as keep it a bit tangeable for the older players to keep playing. Still waiting for the revamp for most of our conent as they are very outdated.

They fixed elves.....in their own way? I guess. They haven't fixed a lot of things. I mean....look at rafting...will that ever get fixed? Many are still waiting for the fixes, revamps and moderators to moderate the game.

well elves get played, rafts don't >:(
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What has changed in the last 5 years? Exponential growth of the amount of gold.
    If everyone poured out the gold they have, pretty sure we can fill up every map.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Giants are fast becoming the master race. In the next update they will acquire what is pretty much an upgraded version of human FH, get 2 more skills that make their melee abilities even stronger, and new weapons with status effects that buffs those skills. It's only a matter of time before they get more ranged abilities that are really similar to bows, but are far superior with weapons that boost them EVEN MORE. Then they will get 350 physical and magic protection!