Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Internet connection

Kimo159Kimo159
Mabinogi Rep: 1,810
in Technical Support
Guys, i know it is technical but i saw no one helps on technical fourm so i come here,,

does anyone try to depend on 4G mobile data before?

Sometimes im being away from my home having no wifi connection, so i depend on my 4G mobile data and make hotspot to my laptop , but the client and the game is very slow, although my 4G connection is about 20 mbps!!
How to.solve that?
Thanx on advance :D

Comments

• noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    dude what country are u from
    im from Philippines and im also using 4G connection but on a wifi modem (10.6 Mbps average speed)
    it is usually intended for mobile use and that is the fastest commercially available wireless internet connection here.
    aside from lagging every once in a while and basically being slower than other players i can play fine

the reason that i could think of why ur game became slow is maybe because u are connecting through a mobile device
    and ur mobile device probably have background apps running and using internet at the same time
    another reason would be the use of a mobile hotspot since everything has to go through ur phone before it reaches ur pc

or maybe ur not used to a slow gameplay like me
  • Kimo159Kimo159
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,810
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    dude what country are u from
    im from Philippines and im also using 4G connection but on a wifi modem (10.6 Mbps average speed)
    it is usually intended for mobile use and that is the fastest commercially available wireless internet connection here.
    aside from lagging every once in a while and basically being slower than other players i can play fine

the reason that i could think of why ur game became slow is maybe because u are connecting through a mobile device
    and ur mobile device probably have background apps running and using internet at the same time
    another reason would be the use of a mobile hotspot since everything has to go through ur phone before it reaches ur pc

or maybe ur not used to a slow gameplay like me

Dude, my 4G LTE is now 40 Mbps, my home connection is only 5 Mbps , although
    When i connect to my mobile is slower very slower than my home connection
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Dudeee. Brooo.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mobile internet. The greatest fraud in the world.
    Wolfsinger
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Well if you get 20 mbps and your client is slow, it's your computer's problem.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Kimo159 wrote: »

You're talking about bandwidth here. Mabi doesn't require that much, so having 40 vs 5 won't have any significant impact.
    What you should actually check is your latency, which can go pretty high depending on the area you're in.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 16, 2019
    4G (which is less than 5G duh and regardless) is mainly for access to information on the internet, not for gaming of any kind from a computer (even with naggle disabled). People use G for accessing websites and watching videos or listening to music, basic stuff basically. If you don't at least have wifi from an actual ISP you're kinda screwed.

Sorry pal. -pat pat-

Lidrster wrote: »

You're talking about bandwidth here. Mabi doesn't require that much, so having 40 vs 5 won't have any significant impact.
    What you should actually check is your latency, which can go pretty high depending on the area you're in.

Nope, because that is only one of several factors. The amount of information Mabi sends is actually staggering and ridiculous, and it's not even a high def game! It's badly optimized and will screw anyone over from far distances.

But if you are a wallflower that does NOT raid or battle of any kind you'll be fine. Marketcourruptnogi.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Gaea wrote: »
    4G (which is less than 5G duh and regardless) is mainly for access to information on the internet, not for gaming of any kind from a computer (even with naggle disabled). People use G for accessing websites and watching videos or listening to music, basic stuff basically. If you don't at least have wifi from an actual ISP you're kinda screwed.

Sorry pal. -pat pat-

Lidrster wrote: »

Nope, because that is only one of several factors. The amount of information Mabi sends is actually staggering and ridiculous, and it's not even a high def game! It's badly optimized and will screw anyone over from far distances.

But if you are a wallflower that does NOT raid or battle of any kind you'll be fine. Marketcourruptnogi.

The amount of data being sent/received is still far under 5mbps tho... I managed to reach 20kbps (populated area / fighting)
    Wallflowering ? No thanks, I need my planters to grow cool beans.

@OP, there is probably nothing you can do about the game being slow when using 4G