Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Voicechat

TarikTarik
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited January 10, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Bruh like for real my dude add voicechat it'd be the funniest ever. I'm not even joking. Plus it's easier to communicate and all that ya feel?
  1. should they add a voicechat38 votes
    1. yes
       18% (7 votes)
    2. maybe
       13% (5 votes)
    3. no lmao
       68% (26 votes)

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    But then a lot of folks would be using the words Mabi had been trying to censer, so no from me.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    If I wanted to voice chat here, I would use Discord. As a cooperative multiplayer with little in the way of team coordination, this would not be an integral part of most content. To add on, very few games actually implemented a feasible one in the first place.
    TwelieShadesknight
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Also I might add is the playerbase is toxic...and I mean VERY toxic...Mabi had done well to encourage being toxic due to the amount of stress training all skills, going through content, then finally those who complain and want free stuffs since they are "Poor" or "Low level" instead of going out there to do something at all.

Plus higher levels always seem to have something to say when you have 80% of your party members to be weaker than him/her and could slander them for how newbie they are or just showing off to much to the point of wanting them kicked out of the party.

Then you got players who don't know how to even do trades without having to call out SCAMS!, "He scamed me, I scamed him, this person is stupid, blah blah BLAHH."

I can go on for how toxic majority of the left over players can get and share just what kind of community Dunby and Belvast would be with voice chat. Because i know there will be more noise than music then i guess its time to mute voice chat next but wait!~ Folks would be trying to get my attention BECAUSE I have voice chat on mute then they would have to type to chat for me to notice.

Yea good idea...NOT!
    Faybal
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Don't want to hear people screaming in unknown languages at me and also don't want to hear any thots or spoiled kids talking without giving an option to mute this all. Pointless suggestion honestly. Just use Discord or something.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Lagchat?
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't want to hear people screaming in unknown languages at me and also don't want to hear any thots or spoiled kids talking without giving an option to mute this all. Pointless suggestion honestly. Just use Discord or something.
    @Greta I'd reword that, it sounds a little iffy to me...

Alshian wrote: »
    Also I might add is the playerbase is toxic...and I mean VERY toxic...Mabi had done well to encourage being toxic due to the amount of stress training all skills, going through content, then finally those who complain and want free stuffs since they are "Poor" or "Low level" instead of going out there to do something at all.

Plus higher levels always seem to have something to say when you have 80% of your party members to be weaker than him/her and could slander them for how newbie they are or just showing off to much to the point of wanting them kicked out of the party.

Then you got players who don't know how to even do trades without having to call out SCAMS!, "He scamed me, I scamed him, this person is stupid, blah blah BLAHH."

I can go on for how toxic majority of the left over players can get and share just what kind of community Dunby and Belvast would be with voice chat. Because i know there will be more noise than music then i guess its time to mute voice chat next but wait!~ Folks would be trying to get my attention BECAUSE I have voice chat on mute then they would have to type to chat for me to notice.

Yea good idea...NOT!
    @Alshian
    This is spot on. The Mabi playerbase can, at times, be extremely toxic. With people hellbent on improving their character rather than enjoying the game itself, Voice chat would probably send half of the playerbase packing, leaving the elitists. I'm sure OP also would want a mute option, and I'm sure they thought it would be more of a "Oh, I'll talk/play music/sing" through voice chat, but 11 times out of 10, it's going to be used in an irresponsible way.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    what if it were for guild only usage?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It's called discord or Skype (some people still use that)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    It's called discord or Skype (some people still use that)

Yeah, personally, I don't see any reason for Mabinogi to bring voice chat into the game when Discord exists. =T
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I'll have to say no to this too. Voice Chat also excludes (and also encourage ableism) the players who have any form of hearing loss (like me who is deaf in real life), auditory sensory disorder, and/or many other things from being able to participate in various of things.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    ^
    9Axl4lp.jpg
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    edited February 17, 2019
    What about a built-in speech-to-text feature instead?
  • GretaGreta
    ^
    9Axl4lp.jpg

Mind explaining why you reacted this way at Zeo's post?
    Zeo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 18, 2019
    p1JlhKZ.png

9Axl4lp.jpg

wat.
    Zeo wrote: »
    I'll have to say no to this too. Voice Chat also excludes (and also encourage ableism) the players who have any form of hearing loss (like me who is deaf in real life), auditory sensory disorder, and/or many other things from being able to participate in various of things.

So we should do without because of you? Yeah I went there. Sorry for your conditions but I don't like that word you used. It's presumptuous and delusional to think we're discriminating you intentionally. I know it's not fair to you but it would not be fair to the rest of us. You're basically saying we should all live in a world of silence out of respect for you.

Nope.

If you have friends I am sure they are aware of your condition and they do what they can to be inclusive. Plus there is Speech Recognition Software. So there you go.

And anyway! Just use discord op. That way that software can be used. People would have to speak clearly and not mumble but it's a start.
    Twelie
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Dear F******* God no, Voice chat is annoying. in any game you have that in, You always have some A-Hole who is loud and just over all a troll, yes you can block and so on but over all.. Just no. Its bad enough to pick threw the people as it is to block the bots and spammers, to try and find the troll voice chat person would be far past annoying... But even if that was the situation yea just turn it off over all, if theres that option.
    GretaWolfsingerZeo
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 18, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    p1JlhKZ.png

9Axl4lp.jpg

wat.

So we should do without because of you? Yeah I went there. Sorry for your conditions but I don't like that word you used. It's presumptuous and delusional to think we're discriminating you intentionally. I know it's not fair to you but it would not be fair to the rest of us. You're basically saying we should all live in a world of silence out of respect for you.

Nope.

If you have friends I am sure they are aware of your condition and they do what they can to be inclusive. Plus there is Speech Recognition Software. So there you go.

And anyway! Just use discord op. That way that software can be used. People would have to speak clearly and not mumble but it's a start.

Imagine if people would try to communicate with a deaf person without knowing in some random voicechat, but obviously it would horribly fail and lots of misunderstandings would happen... Including ending up being bullied over it and definitely a huge disadvantage of slower communication.
    Zeo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    p1JlhKZ.png

9Axl4lp.jpg

wat.

Nope.

Imagine if people would try to communicate with a deaf person without knowing in some random voicechat, but obviously it would horribly fail and lots of misunderstandings would happen... Including ending up being bullied over it and definitely a huge disadvantage of slower communication.

We can only try.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    p1JlhKZ.png

9Axl4lp.jpg

wat.

Nope.

We can only try.

Lets not. In a team base game where it would help to have voice chat, little more understandable to have... But in a game like this? Its completely pointless and not needed.
    GretaZeo
  • ShadesknightShadesknight
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    If I wanted to voice chat here, I would use Discord. As a cooperative multiplayer with little in the way of team coordination, this would not be an integral part of most content. To add on, very few games actually implemented a feasible one in the first place.

A bunch of people don't have discord sadly. I have discord but I've met about 20 people in the past week who don't.