Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Broken Human Buff

Your Fallen GodYour Fallen God
Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
in General Chat
Just here complaining again about the buffs for the classes, I love how Giants; the most OP class, get a 10% damage buff, the slowest class; humans, get the 10% speed buff which STILL makes them slower than both classes on, even with fleet feet, champ wings or the Saint's helm because you can only cap at two buffs; helm or wings, feet and wings, feet and helm, wings and helm, etc. You can't get a buff from Champ Wings + Fleet Feet + Saint's Helm to make myself as fast as a giant/elf. While the elves who can run and range get a 10% aim speed buff, and the giants get a damage buff, as the most powerful class already there.. Breath of Ladeca actually triggers me because if you palalan embrace + use the skill and get a +40% speed buff for your embrace, your other buff won't trigger with it (because you're capped); making it completely useless, even though it already is in comparison to literally any other class than human. Why not let us choose which buff to take, or why even bother giving humans a speed buff when it doesn't do anything. Also bring back Mir Dragons, uncap egos and fix your game; race wise. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
TolnaGreta

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Why care about movement speed when you can, exclusively as a human, use final hit?

Let giants be what they were meant to be, melee powerhouses.

I'll go back to my little elf corner and stab things with my whip.

(But really, Ego revamp when? I desire mah chain blade spirit so I can neglect it and make it hate me.)
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Why care about movement speed when you can, exclusively as a human, use final hit?

Let giants be what they were meant to be, melee powerhouses.

I'll go back to my little elf corner and stab things with my whip.

(But really, Ego revamp when? I desire mah chain blade spirit so I can neglect it and make it hate me.)

Probably cause being a jack of all trades master of diddly sucks.
    Giants can stomp, and have ultra defense with the proper shield powerhouse
    Elves can hide, and fire arrows on mount best at dex
    Humans can be yamcha and final hit try to compete but get second place

Yay suboptimal race time to start sagas

You monster. The chain ego is meant to be stuffed with gems like a piñata so it can explode in bachram
    TolnaNilremBlissfulkill
  • TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    With all the new content using stuff like Lightning Rod, Balor’s lava puddles, Song of Grief’s everything, Reaper Windmill etc. Humans really do have it rough now with their movespeed and biggest weapon being melee ranged. Why Final Hit when you can Chain Impail?
    Greta
    Tolna wrote: »
    With all the new content using stuff like Lightning Rod, Balor’s lava puddles, Song of Grief’s everything, Reaper Windmill etc. Humans really do have it rough now with their movespeed and biggest weapon being melee ranged. Why Final Hit when you can Chain Impail?

Only for the or if you are out of dorcha. I have to bash giant foes to death because of the wonky chain speed ranges. Sometimes I have to be within licking distance to get the attack off but with bash I can swat the air and watch as they cringe in fear and heart attack out.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited March 3, 2019
    Humans FH is pretty powerful when you have the right gear and only gets better with the buff it gets later. As far as shredding single target HP, it's hard to compete. Shine of Eweca is worthless I'll admit.

Giants generally are better with chains/melee though, which is true. Humans are designed to be balanced and can use lances + archery which no other race can do. They also have the most fashion options to my knowledge. If you want balanced/fashionogi gameplay then stick with a human, if you want to run fast or shoot arrows better switch to an elf. If you want to have OP melee and chains, switch to a giant. Nobody is forcing you to be a human player.

Considering giants are probably the least played race, it makes sense that they get more buffs/hype to try and draw players. If you took away the one thing people play them for, giants would die off and become archaic content.
    Maia wrote: »
    Humans FH is pretty powerful when you have the right gear and only gets better with the buff it gets later. As far as shredding single target HP, it's hard to compete. Shine of Eweca is worthless I'll admit.

Giants generally are better with chains/melee though, which is true. Humans are designed to be balanced and can use lances + archery which no other race can do.
    If you want to have OP melee and chains, switch to a giant. Nobody is forcing you to be a human player.

Considering giants are probably the least played race, it makes sense that they get more buffs/hype to try and draw players. If you took away the one thing people play them for, giants would die off and become archaic content.

I thought that giants had garbage dex and that is what chain damage increases with along with luck to a lesser extent. And I've never seen anyone with a Lance be it idling or running around, at least on Mari maybe Taralch has lances.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I thought that giants had garbage dex and that is what chain damage increases with along with luck to a lesser extent. And I've never seen anyone with a Lance be it idling or running around, at least on Mari maybe Taralch has lances.

Giants get 15% more chain damage and while they might have 300? less dex that's arguably somewhere around 8% less end-game damage (less if you hit stat caps).

Lances are good for judgement blade and lance charge if you're built for it. Both are pretty situational. Lances are one of those meh talents imo but nonetheless humans can use it and elves can't. Humans can support shot+lance as well which was a meme for a while
    Still the only real human exclusive is final hit just looked up Lance and giants can use it with a shield already making them better. But humans have fashinogi and no one can take that away.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    When giants are broken and about to become even more broken we humans don't care.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Giants are just going to get even stronger. Their new skills stampede and Final Strike are really strong (on top of getting weapons that further boost them), and for the record, there's apparently a video floating around where a giant solo'd feth elite.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Giants are just going to get even stronger. Their new skills stampede and Final Strike are really strong (on top of getting weapons that further boost them), and for the record, there's apparently a video floating around where a giant solo'd feth elite.

Thats broken? A Elf can solo Feth Elite, bring more news.

Ive yet to see a human solo Feth elite tho.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited March 4, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »

Thats broken? A Elf can solo Feth Elite, bring more news.

Ive yet to see a human solo Feth elite tho.

Yes, this is about humans being left in the dust, so unless you produce evidence of a human soloing feth, then elves and giants are broken. Or humans are just weak in comparison. Or you know, we can just drop the "weak in comparison" and just say that humans are weak.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I guess Humans these days hate being a jack of all trades, master of nothing huh.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You have final hit. Stop complaining.
    ChaosShadow
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

YoU hAvE fInAl HiT. sToP cOmPlAiNiNg.

Because final hit insta kills everything in the game and totally doesn't have a 4 minute cooldown.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Because final hit insta kills everything in the game and totally doesn't have a 4 minute cooldown.

I don't have final hit and I'm not complaining. :)

I don't have final hit and I'm not complaining. :)

Neither do I but seeing the damage it can do thanks to (useless) saga episode 0 I plan on getting it doesn't stop humans from being the worst race though.
    Kensamaofmari
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    50 second cooldown with reforges, but more more importantly than final hit; Humans have Support Shot and Lance Charge, in combination with plenty of lance charge reforges (one of which brings the cooldown to 5 seconds from 10) humans and only humans can 2 shot the succubus queen.
    so unless you produce evidence of a human soloing feth, then elves and giants are broken.
    So I suppose "until someone shows evidence of a giant or elf 2 shotting the succubus queen humans are overpowered and broken." :)

I think the real problem everyone complaining humans are weak has isn't that humans are weak, but they're still early game and they saw a mid game giant using full swing in shadow wizard, not realizing that giants are really only a bit stronger with melee early and mid game and that humans will not only catch up to but exceed what giants are capable of in the late to endgame. If we're focusing purely on solo play then OP is completely incorrect about giants being "the most op class" because late game an elf can smash more than a giant due to support shot; not that you would REALLY want to bother when you can just spam mag with a combo card of course for the second best but far less situational single target dps option in the game (beaten out only by a human's support shot'd fully reforged lance charges, which can also benefit from combo cards).

Speaking of the endgame for humans, using final hit with a divine blade erg level 50 gives you 600 range 150 degree angle AOE that hits 400% on the main target and 360% on everything splashed which hits every 0.3 seconds while having relentless assault activated, which can have up to 4 piercing levels to deal with that pesky late game content where the monsters actually have damage reduction. Once the giant update is finally released on NA final hit is also being buffed so 2 handed weapons will hit 7 times before knocking the monsters down, which is borderline irrelevant since you can instantly teleport to them after and hit another 7 times and the monsters do not get iframes or a chance to retaliate from said knockdown.

Which brings me to Final Strike, with it's fixed attack speed that allows it to do about 50~% of the damage of Final Hit in the same duration, knocks down monsters after 6 hits giving them long invincability frames, has miniscule splash damage in comparison, and is infact so slow the monsters can easily load counter and defense in retaliation unlike against Final Hit.

I could go on and bog down the thread with calculations and game mechanics info but instead; I would encourage anyone who feels humans are weak to load up their elf or giant alts (which they can obtain for free if they don't already have them by allying with either race at Krug or Castenia using the elf and giant keyword) and actually play them. My personal expectation is that most will very quickly log out and go back to their humans with Final Hit due to it's centralization and trivialization of so much of the games content.

TL;DR: Humans are better if you play longer, have the best single target dps and single hit damage with support shot+lance charge, and amazing AOE dps with 2 handed final hit.

P.S. No one is forced to play one race or another, everyone has the option to have multiple characters of any race on their account and still access all of their same pets, and infact there are many benefits to playing your account's other characters; Including being able to do 3 lord mission and 3 alban training grounds runs per day on EACH character, being able to do baltane basic missions on multiple characters within the same game day, having multiple squire units to do missions and obtain seals for reward boxes, being able to do most of the adventurer seal daily quests once per character per real day, and so on.
    VeylaineAlshianTrythisValkirye
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited March 6, 2019
    Lutetium wrote: »
    50 second cooldown with reforges, but more more importantly than final hit; Humans have Support Shot and Lance Charge, in combination with plenty of lance charge reforges (one of which brings the cooldown to 5 seconds from 10) humans and only humans can 2 shot the succubus queen.
    so unless you produce evidence of a human soloing feth, then elves and giants are broken.
    So I suppose "until someone shows evidence of a giant or elf 2 shotting the succubus queen humans are overpowered and broken." :)

I think the real problem everyone complaining humans are weak has isn't that humans are weak, but they're still early game and they saw a mid game giant using full swing in shadow wizard, not realizing that giants are really only a bit stronger with melee early and mid game and that humans will not only catch up to but exceed what giants are capable of in the late to endgame. If we're focusing purely on solo play then OP is completely incorrect about giants being "the most op class" because late game an elf can smash more than a giant due to support shot; not that you would REALLY want to bother when you can just spam mag with a combo card of course for the second best but far less situational single target dps option in the game (beaten out only by a human's support shot'd fully reforged lance charges, which can also benefit from combo cards).

Speaking of the endgame for humans, using final hit with a divine blade erg level 50 gives you 600 range 150 degree angle AOE that hits 400% on the main target and 360% on everything splashed which hits every 0.3 seconds while having relentless assault activated, which can have up to 4 piercing levels to deal with that pesky late game content where the monsters actually have damage reduction. Once the giant update is finally released on NA final hit is also being buffed so 2 handed weapons will hit 7 times before knocking the monsters down, which is borderline irrelevant since you can instantly teleport to them after and hit another 7 times and the monsters do not get iframes or a chance to retaliate from said knockdown.

Which brings me to Final Strike, with it's fixed attack speed that allows it to do about 50~% of the damage of Final Hit in the same duration, knocks down monsters after 6 hits giving them long invincability frames, has miniscule splash damage in comparison, and is infact so slow the monsters can easily load counter and defense in retaliation unlike against Final Hit.

I could go on and bog down the thread with calculations and game mechanics info but instead; I would encourage anyone who feels humans are weak to load up their elf or giant alts (which they can obtain for free if they don't already have them by allying with either race at Krug or Castenia using the elf and giant keyword) and actually play them. My personal expectation is that most will very quickly log out and go back to their humans with Final Hit due to it's centralization and trivialization of so much of the games content.

TL;DR: Humans are better if you play longer, have the best single target dps and single hit damage with support shot+lance charge, and amazing AOE dps with 2 handed final hit.

P.S. No one is forced to play one race or another, everyone has the option to have multiple characters of any race on their account and still access all of their same pets, and infact there are many benefits to playing your account's other characters; Including being able to do 3 lord mission and 3 alban training grounds runs per day on EACH character, being able to do baltane basic missions on multiple characters within the same game day, having multiple squire units to do missions and obtain seals for reward boxes, being able to do most of the adventurer seal daily quests once per character per real day, and so on.

true, all these people making big assumptions about the giant new skills but don't research the new skills, I know I researched further because I use both giant and elf

Final strike is way too overhyped I don't understand why people say this is a better version of FH.
    the second video is taken in KR post giant update to confirm that regular twin sword FH is not nerfed.

heres the 2h splash you were mentioning too @ 15:45

LutetiumImaizumiAlshianstarkiller1286RaishiiValkirye