Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why are people killing the market on purpose?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 11, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Really... Huh. I don't see any changes here..? I think?

Not surprised if Gaea's got deleted... :trollface:

c07c28b2f57bc12ec07d947c8877bfe7.gif

It's all good, it was read and it served it's purpose. ^_^
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Gaea wrote: »
    It's all good, it was read and it served it's purpose. ^_^

Wha'd it say again? ;)

• FariisonFariison
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Honestly, this game is a little too inflated. It would be nice if the prices on everything came down to more manageable, but still worth while prices.
    And I think that the auction house is really making strides when it comes to that. Competitive prices are very healthy for a market, so long as it isn't out of hand.
    duckman
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Fariison wrote: »
    Honestly, this game is a little too inflated. It would be nice if the prices on everything came down to more manageable, but still worth while prices.
    And I think that the auction house is really making strides when it comes to that. Competitive prices are very healthy for a market, so long as it isn't out of hand.

It could have been controlled very early on, but they didn't and so it becomes a game that relies in hyperinflation to be healthy.
    Fariison
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Sounds like I'm late to this party but...can I QQ about how the market is under-saturated with the stuff I want? I can cut anyone an easy 100m slice of my pie if they just get me dem Archer and Saber dolls so my year long OCD can finally be quelled. T_________________________T
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    edited March 16, 2019
    I have seen this with a lot of recent items. It's completely normal that item prices drop during the first 1-2 days, and then settle on the real value. However, for example the new wings or also the tails in Abaddon. I put my wings at 14m, now, if you wanna undercut me, it would be fine to put it at 13m or 13.5m, but the next person put their wings at 3.5m. Also, different wings which I put on AH for 7m, were then put for 250k. I mean, you are killing the market for yourself as well. Why are people doing this? This is not how economy works. This means selling items that did cost real money for practically nothing. And once it sold for 250k because of some desperate crazy person, it will be almost impossible to rise the value again.
    Now, there might be people saying "but wings shouldn't cost this much and Abaddon was overplayed!", but my common sense tells me that if there's a tail sitting on AH for 30m, as the only tail of its kind, you do not put yours for 5m, unless you wanna shoot yourself in the foot.

Ive always been against the high pricing, to me its over kill specially since the drops in players.. If i need something to be gotten rid of then so be it, its still money in my pocket, OR so how i see it. Just because its effecting you, Isnt anyone elses issues.. also the items value can depend on peoples personal views, You're literally throwing more or less, a fit because you cant get what your idea of value, Sold, But someone who is fine with the price see it in that value are getting it sold.

And lets also face it.. Wings are wings, there isnt anything special about them, every new gachupons released, they give you 10 sets of new wings.
    Fariisonduckman
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 16, 2019
    Fariison wrote: »

All games are inflated. It's inevitable, and once it starts it can not be stopped short of flooding the market with the desired item making it worthless. For some items it's just not going to happen and therefore those items will always remain "expensive".
    Fariison
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    everyone who did gacha wings are just trying to get rid of the useless onon animation wings, something that literally everyone got from wing gacha....
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Qnaug wrote: »
    everyone who did gacha wings are just trying to get rid of the useless onon animation wings, something that literally everyone got from wing gacha....

I thought you were talking about onion wings, lmao.
  • ValenmirValenmir

... That needs to be a thing :C we need more food related items.
    duckman
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Tayloreski wrote: »

But Onions don't have wings, they have layers. :o

Or maybe hungry for onion rings.
    Onion_Ring.png
  • ValenmirValenmir

Onion_Ring.png

Sliced up Onion rings in a layer manner as wings.
    duckman
  • duckmanduckman
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075

Onion_Ring.png

YEEEESSSSSS! onion wings and a hamburger shield and fry sword!
    Kensamaofmari
  • duckmanduckman
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    The food god wants us to.... no, needs us to craft these things!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    62129338.jpg
    Kensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 24, 2019
    2wtxp9.jpg

Basically my attempt at a sober response.
    GretaTheDumbOneCrimsọnWolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It is not unreasonable to wonder why prices stay high for so long. Surely folks would have at least some desperation to sell and at some point decide to move. It should not come as a surprise then that some buyers would have some desperation to buy and decide to move themselves. Idealistically speaking then, one would expect them to come together in between somewhere. This prices-are-too-high thing has been going on for years though, so that tells me that the buyers ALWAYS blink first.

Think of it this way, stores that only sell piano's do exist. They have an owner whom has employees. They stay open. How a dollar store stays open is something anyone can wrap their head around but piano stores; how do they survive? Same as dollar stores, they sell enough over time. In Mabinogi markets, the more expensive that an item is, then the longer that the owner can afford to wait. Indeed the richer that a seller already is, then the longer they can afford to wait. It's pretty clear at this point that prices stay high because in the end buyers always buy. If all buyers collectively decided to be patient then prices could come down. But then someone else might buy that must-have item before you can, right? From the sellers point of view, if a competitor sells their item identical to yours first, then you are left with a monopoly; that's not so bad is it?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Why does SUPPLY and DEMAND elude LOGIC for so long???
    duckman wrote: »

Onion_Ring.png

YEEEESSSSSS! onion wings and a hamburger shield and fry sword!

Gastroburger shield.