Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Returning Player: Text size?

TixTaxTaxTixTaxTax
Mabinogi Rep: 425
in General Chat
So I've got much newer hardware, and a much larger monitor, than I used to play with.. I can't read anything haha. HI-DPI 4k monitor. I dropped it to 1440p and have Mabinogi set to 1440p widescreen as well. Just can't seem to read any of the text. Any way to fix this?

Comments

• LepeltjeLepeltje
    Mabinogi Rep: 895
    Sadly there isn't any way to change the font size ingame, for screens larger than 1080p it does indeed become a readability issue ): The best thing I could suggest is considering lowering the resolution of mabi a little further though I understand that doesn't solve the issue the way you would like.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Ultrawide monitors also stretch everything horizontally.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited March 25, 2019
    I would lower it down to 1080p unfortunately for this game. :(

Honestly though bigger isn't exactly better. I was bewildered when I got my 1080p this year. My desktop is desolate af. XD
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Lowering your resolution means less space for inventory bags, so the ultimate solution is to just move the monitor closer to your face or equip reading glasses.

Another option is to just ignore the text as the majority of it just says "Weak mob 0 exp" and isn't really useful anyways.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Lowering your resolution means less space for inventory bags, so the ultimate solution is to just move the monitor closer to your face or equip reading glasses.

Another option is to just ignore the text as the majority of it just says "Weak mob 0 exp" and isn't really useful anyways.

Combat is on my block list.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 25, 2019

1080p is enough to display all my bags. O_o;

WPBEEGQ.png

I am starting to realize my setup looks...odd. >_>;;;
    KingEphy
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited March 26, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »

WPBEEGQ.png

Awesome XXDD
    I'm trying to wrap my head around just what bags you have though
    Like I recognize some but
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

WPBEEGQ.png

Awesome XXDD

You can look up the bags here: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Storage_Items_List
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

WPBEEGQ.png

Awesome XXDD

You can look up the bags here: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Storage_Items_List

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    No problem. :)