Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Annoying Quest Tracker.

VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
in General Chat
I don't own a small monitor. At least, I don't think one capable of displaying 1920x1080 is a small one. And yet, since the Memoir update, the Quest tracker went from a very useful thing to have to the most disastrously annoying one. No idea why, but even when it's empty it reaches from the top of the screen all the way down to the middle, blocking the whole area so you can't click or target anything there. It's distressingly annoying, specially during combat, and since there seems to be no way to make it shrink or be less obtrusive, I've had no choice but to not use it anymore. Anyone else's got the same problem?
  1. The Quest Tracker...20 votes
    1. ...works just perfect for me, you rube.
       35% (7 votes)
    2. ...oh yah, it's the suxx0rs and I no longer use it.
       45% (9 votes)
    3. ...just needed to be placed better and after a bit of practice it doesn't bother me any more.
       5% (1 vote)
    4. I'm Ready! Promotion! I'm Ready! Promotion!
       15% (3 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I only use it time to time, so it doesn't really affect me.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I really don't understand the issue... :x
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited April 15, 2019
    It is probably double the length that it use to be, however all that extra space at the bottom of it is invisible. If I knew how to do a picture, I would show what I mean.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Are you saying the window (quest tracker) runs off the screen? if so you need to remove some of to quests from the list then. If you want keep the ones that are in view and remove some that are beyond the view you simply need to remove the check from the box at the right of the corresponding quest in your quest window. You can add them back to the quest tracker later by putting the check-mark back.
    Bronzebreak
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    No what I am saying is that even when its empty, there is about double the space underneath it that while you cant see it, blocks the use of things underneath it.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited April 16, 2019
    Why not just hover over the quest tracker and close it via its title bar? I know getting some quests will automatically re-open it, but that's the only way I can suggest to resolve your issue, as I don't think the quest tracker can be manually resized. Don't quote me on that though, as I don't mess with it that often.

Also, Dragoolfire, you can take a snapshot of the issue using Snipping Tool if you're on a Windows system. You'll have to submit this image to Imgur and link it here with the [ img ] tags if you want us to see it though.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    No what I am saying is that even when its empty, there is about double the space underneath it that while you cant see it, blocks the use of things underneath it.

It's a transparent window but it's still a window and will block the view of items. If it's empty why would you keep t open to block your view? Personally I would (and have) disabled it so it won't ever show.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Doesn't really affect me since I play in windowed mode for some reason my computer hates full screen.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Doesn't really affect me since I play in windowed mode for some reason my computer hates full screen.

yours and mine both, mate, my sympathies
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

yours and mine both, mate, my sympathies

I prefer window mode.
    WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Yeah it makes my computer freeze which is nuts! O_o;;