Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Multi-button mice allowed?

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
edited January 25, 2017 in Help
Are mice with multiple buttons allowed to be used on Mabi, as in assigning one of the hotkeys to one of the buttons on the mouse?

Comments

• ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I don't see why not? It's not like it'd be a hack/cheat or anything.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    @Erika

Better to ask than not.
  • KroeneKroene
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    People use bots/scripts to AFK train skills for hours, and Nexon doesn't care.

You'll be fine. I wouldn't ask any Nexon employees because they'll probably feel obligated to tell you not to use it.
    GretaSylviaWolfe
  • FirelinksFirelinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    I use a mouse with 3 extra buttons but mabi can't seem to detect it. I can't assign any hotkey to them.
  • LineosLineos
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    They're allowed. I use a razor Naga to play mabi, and assign the buttons to mabi's hotkeys (1-=, F1-F12). I've been playing like this for like three years, and it works well for me ^^
  • SabinaSabina
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
    Like everyone has said, this is completely fine :D
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    @Sabina

Thanks. I know the other players said it was okay, but it's just better to have a GM's take on it, after all you guys are the one running the game.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Sabina
    Sabina said:

Like everyone has said, this is completely fine :D

Wait, does this mean it's also fine to set up a macro to auto train a skill that requires on use to level?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    nope, just mapping buttons to keys but not key combos
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Like everyone has said, this is completely fine :D<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Wait, does this mean it's also fine to set up a macro to auto train a skill that requires on use to level?

What sort of mouse are you using that let's you run repeated macro cycles with one mouse button and no other user inputs....?