Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] Server Merge & FAQ

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    The fact of the matter is, we don't know exactly whats going to happen. What we do know is that this is going to be a complicated delicate process where there is a high probability of something going wrong because it is a really old complex game. We know the team is doing everything they can to minimize the impact. But yeah there will probably be some problems, which we will eventually get through.

But when you just say "everything is going to get deleted" or the "servers are going to get deleted" or "this game is dying" in a time where we are all stressed and uncertain how well this is going to go...well that's FUD and quite frankly it's childish as hell. We don't need this.

Now if you want to constructively express your concerns or feelings, that's fine. There is a right way and a wrong way of doing so.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Darkpixie99WolfsingerWoollywitch
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    They're just trying to get angry responses for fun. Does anyone actually take them seriously? It's pretty obvious, it's just a game to them. Don't feed the trolls.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Pan wrote: »
    FUD does not come from the players, it comes from Nexon. The lack of communication by Nexon gives me FUD. You all have the wrong person, your target is Nexon and it's moderators/GMs that are trying to control our freedom of speech.

Your continued existence is a fact against you ;P

That aside, one more week and a half of one and the world will be shaken.
    Pan
  • HelsaHelsa
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is·····*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken defintively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    That aside, one more week and a half of one and the world will be shaken.

"MAY", you have to say "MAY be shaken" now.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Wolfsinger is spreading FUD by saying "the world will be shaken". This means he implies horrible things will happen to the state of Mabinogi.

Help! Gaea! The server is doomed!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wolfsinger is spreading FUD by saying "the world will be shaken". This means he implies horrible things will happen to the state of Mabinogi.

Oh boi i think we need a wall of disclaimers for Pan's posts.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019

I can't help the server, I am not a Nexon employee. 9dnGeIh.png

LOL. :D
    Kensamaofmari
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    @Helsa @Greta
    Please, change that disclaimer from it's affiliates to its affiliates. It's driving me crazy.

@Pan
    I thank you for being a part of this community, as you make everyone's posts look good in comparison.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    @Helsa @Greta
    Please, change that disclaimer from it's affiliates to its affiliates. It's driving me crazy.

@Pan
    I thank you for being a part of this community, as you make everyone's posts look good in comparison.

Do realize how much editing I would have to do? I've edited over 300 comments so far. BLEEP. I'm not doing that for an apostrophe. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope!

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    @Pan I'm a "she" actually, but thanks, you make my words seem a lot grander than they previously were ;)

@Draech that's actually a good point...

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    @Helsa @Greta

I have applied the change of the removal of the apostrophes.
    DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Draech
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085
    Will our name colors change? :thinking:
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Aava wrote: »

It should actually. The colors of the names are dependent on what letters (and characters) and how many letters are used. According to the color simulator my name color is going to turn purple with that appendage. https://mabinoger.com/color_sim.htm Oh boy, there goes my color scheme...at least pink was part of the red spectrum. Sigh...

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Darkpixie99Aava
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Gaea wrote: »

It should actually. The colors of the names are dependent on what letters (and characters) and how many letters are used. According to the color simulator my name color is going to turn purple with that appendage. https://mabinoger.com/color_sim.htm Oh boy, there goes my color scheme...at least pink was part of the red spectrum. Sigh...[/size]

I love how that simulator obviously only goes up to 12 characters, because that's been the name limit for so long.

DvZ4h.png

But well it doesn't really matter. I'm not too fond of my green so any change will be refreshing.

Has anyone else noticed that they've upped the character limit for typing names into the Mailbox and Notes system? It's now 20 characters, so that we can type in a maximum 12-character name with an appended +Tarlach.

DISCLAIMER: This comment contains no speculation, only observations.

Darkpixie99Aava
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 22, 2019
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    @Helsa @Greta

Changed for subsequent posts. Sheesh, you're as bad a grammar cop as Gaea! Must be a Ruari thing.

EDIT: seems there's a second one, my bad.
    Draech
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085

It should actually. The colors of the names are dependent on what letters (and characters) and how many letters are used. According to the color simulator my name color is going to turn purple with that appendage. https://mabinoger.com/color_sim.htm Oh boy, there goes my color scheme...at least pink was part of the red spectrum. Sigh...

Eralea wrote: »

It should actually. The colors of the names are dependent on what letters (and characters) and how many letters are used. According to the color simulator my name color is going to turn purple with that appendage. https://mabinoger.com/color_sim.htm Oh boy, there goes my color scheme...at least pink was part of the red spectrum. Sigh...[/size]

I love how that simulator obviously only goes up to 12 characters, because that's been the name limit for so long.

DvZ4h.png

But well it doesn't really matter. I'm not too fond of my green so any change will be refreshing.

Has anyone else noticed that they've upped the character limit for typing names into the Mailbox and Notes system? It's now 20 characters, so that we can type in a maximum 12-character name with an appended +Tarlach.

RIP.. welp time to hope my name doesn't change :sob:
    Way too attached to it and the color since it's been that way since 2008

Thanks for your replies
  • HelsaHelsa
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*

Thanks for your replies

If there isn't another "you" on another server then you'll be fine.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Eralea wrote: »

DvZ4h.png

Thanks for your replies

You can check by adding them as a friend from each server. If they don't exist you will get a message, if they do exist they will be on your friends list with "friend request sent" right next to their names. I have added all 3 other Gaea's from the other servers long ago, they have never accepted so either they are like wtfh or they are dead characters.

• HelsaHelsa
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    You can check by adding them as a friend from each server. If they don't exist you will get a message, if they do exist they will be on your friends list with "friend request sent" right next to their names. I have added all 3 other Gaea's from the other servers long ago, they have never accepted so either they are like wtfh or they are dead characters.

Smart cookie! Similarly you can try to send them a note. Under the to name field is the to server of residence field. If it comes back saying no such animal then you're gold.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I have a serious and urgent question about the merge.

The FAQ says this:
    Q: What contents will be reset with the merge?
    A: The following contents will be reset with the merge:
    - Though all events should end before the merge date, please be advised that the main character selection will be reset.

Merge date is June 3rd, but Tennis Bingo event is on until June 6th.

DwZsq.png

Is this correct? As Tennis Bingo doesn't seem to be ending before the merge date, will the main characters in that event be reset? Or was there a mistake in the event page, and it's actually supposed to end on June 3rd?

If it's the latter, I won't have enough coins to complete it lol