Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] Server Merge & FAQ

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Greta wrote: »
    No FUD seeing here. Just arguments.

One prolonged issue about a problem that won't even exist...
    f2e1029aa633f072cca1a677fcb088a81815cefe.jpeg

Here comes more dumb irrelevant memes?
    Ok.

When one is just too doggone tired of the neighborhood, yes.
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You know what I say?

[Censored] it.

We're all just gonna have to accept it and dive in. Because it's happening and we can't stop it. It's probably going to be a nuclear disaster. But you know what? If a nuclear bomb goes off there is no outrunning it. Get your lucky's out and grab a beer, sit out on the porch and watch the world go to hell. We're all going to be there.

Except Alexina. XD
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 27, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    We're all just gonna have to accept it and dive in. Because it's happening and we can't stop it.

Nexon wouldn't have made their own GIFs if they weren't serious about getting more serious. (Or is that too contradictory?)
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited May 27, 2019
    Question: This account started on Mari, then I remade on Alex. I still have all my pets and characters on Mari on this account, but also character and pets on Alex on the same account.. Will the merge effect only my Mari characters/pets? I assume so but I wanted to make sure..

Question: Will it be possible for Nexon to offer character/pet Transfers now since Merging is a possibility even if we had to pay NX?

Question: Is the merge going to take down the entire game? Since Alex is getting nothing.

Personally I want 1 server, and wish they polled it. I think the majority of the player base would vote for it. Also Nao for server name isn't bad, and makes sense if you think about it. I would love to be part of it.

I don't think merging the 3 dead servers is gonna make 2 active servers. Most people remade like I did on Alex and wish they could have their old character/pets on Alex like I do.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 27, 2019
    Snormie wrote: »

1) Only the 3 servers that will become Nao will be merged. Your Alexina pets will not be effected.
    2) Nexon has decided to discuss that possibility after the merge.
    3) The entire game will likely be down for maintenance during this time.
    4) There was an unofficial poll in the Megathread, but in the end the decision was both Nexon's investment and choice.
    5) No one ever claimed to be able to predict the future, but as long as Nao players work together as a community, we can make the merge feel comfortable regardless.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Its not FUD. I have the right to have legitimate concerns, and to voice them.

You're absolutely allowed to voice your concerns about the merge in a constructive fashion! However, it stretches into the fear and uncertainty aspects of FUD when you open with "this will only end with the game shutting down for good" or "Nexon's gonna break it."
    LeineiDarkpixie99LiberateWolfsingerDraechVeylaine
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 27, 2019
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

Buffalos wrote: »
    Its not FUD. I have the right to have legitimate concerns, and to voice them.

You're absolutely allowed to voice your concerns about the merge in a constructive fashion! However, it stretches into the fear and uncertainty aspects of FUD when you open with "this will only end with the game shutting down for good" or "Nexon's gonna break it."

Can you or anyone else on staff please give an example of constructive concerns that are not FUD but also pessimistic?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I have a concern that's hopefully not FUD.

Have we done enough to reach out to the seasonal players? You know, the ones who are always on hiatus and who only appear during summer, xmas and major patches. I've alerted all the seasonal players that I'm friends with but since I don't really main on the merging servers I don't know that many. They ought to be given a chance to retrieve stuff from the Marketplace, Auction House, Cash Shop Inv etc, like we've been instructed to do in the merge FAQ (and it would probably reduce the number of lost item tickets later on).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 28, 2019
    Eralea wrote: »
    I have a concern that's hopefully not FUD.

Have we done enough to reach out to the seasonal players? You know, the ones who are always on hiatus and who only appear during summer, xmas and major patches. I've alerted all the seasonal players that I'm friends with but since I don't really main on the merging servers I don't know that many. They ought to be given a chance to retrieve stuff from the Marketplace, Auction House, Cash Shop Inv etc, like we've been instructed to do in the merge FAQ (and it would probably reduce the number of lost item tickets later on).

If they are seasonal players, I would assume they have collected their items and profit before they went back on hiatus. I mean that would be the logical thing to do.

However...not everyone is logical. Nexon should really send out email notifications regarding the merge. :|
    Ladame
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    If they are seasonal players, I would assume they have collected their items and profit before they went back on hiatus. I mean that would be the logical thing to do.

However...not everyone is logical. Nexon should really send out email notifications regarding the merge. :|

They did, or at least I got an email.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn

They did, or at least I got an email.

My email is very old and overrun with a lot of things.
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Helsa wrote: »
    Can you or anyone else on staff please give an example of constructive concerns that are not FUD but also pessimistic?

The only one we're allowed to call out for breaking stuff is Ferghus.
    QuarterlyCreepyEmu-size_restricted.gif
  • HelsaHelsa

The only one we're allowed to call out for breaking stuff is Ferghus.

I would like an answer from staff regarding this.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 28, 2019
    I would like an answer from staff regarding this.

Rules regarding the recent server merge thread deletions/locks:
    - Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.
    - Petitions are not allowed on the forums.
    - The Nexon forums are not a channel to contact Customer Support or Game Masters.
    -Use the support system to file tickets if you require assistance regarding account and billing inquiries or issues.

(IE- If your player name is being held ransom for money after the merge, send in a ticket. Don't ask for a mod to answer such a question before the merge officially happens.)

Behavior Towards Nexon
    - You are free to express yourself on the forums but not on Nexon's expense.
    - This means we will not allow derogatory comments, threats, intellect insults, insults, "crusades" against Nexon, the employees, or our users, and other comments encouraging other members to accept a certain ideology about Nexon.
    - We do welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
    - Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one.

(Ideology/Claim Intention, IE- "Why can't you see that Nexon still/will-")

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt (FUD)
    - Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.
    - If you have an opinion to share about Nexon games and its services, please post it constructively.

(Constructive, IE- Not "I dislike Ferghus because he breaks things all the time and will make the final G Quest be a terrible apocalypse," but rather, "I dislike the hammer Ferghus uses to repair my weapon. I heard there are better ones out there, maybe he should try it?")

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The Forum Rules of Conduct are enforced at the moderators' discretion along with the appropriate course of action taken on abusers. Please note that there might be additional rules for the forum for each Nexon title that are not covered in this document. If you feel an unclear on the proper etiquette for a forum please ask the Community Manager or a Volunteer for clarification. Excessive forum abuse may result in the termination of game accounts and potentially all associated accounts with it.
    (Contact, IE- PM.)

• HelsaHelsa

You are not staff nor does this answer the request. I would like staff to please give an example of constructive concerns that are not FUD but also pessimistic?
    GretaWolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 28, 2019
    You are not staff nor does this answer the request. I would like staff to please give an example of constructive concerns that are not FUD but also pessimistic?

If you want them to answer that, you'll just have to PM them for a list.
    I gave you the rules, examples, I tried to help.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

You didn't help.
    Are you mocking her with that irrelevant rule post?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Actually guys, I've given it some thought... As vague as they are, I reckon that it is possible to work with their guidelines. Lemme have a turn at mocking people!

Legit concern: Will Alexina ever be considered for a future merge? We're not that active either.
    FUD: Alexina will BE RUINED if it isn't merged and everyone will SWITCH or QUIT and it will DIE A SLOW DEATH

Legit concern: What will happen to duplicates in the Dressing Room if I play on multiple servers on one account?
    FUD: You should remove EVERYTHING from the Dressing Room because Nexon hasn't clarified how it will merge and you risk LOSING all your stuff if you don't

Legit concern: Will names be freed up on the Nao Server? What if someone takes mine?
    FUD: People are about to LOSE their names that they've had for 10 years and the server tag is LAME and this is a terrible way to do it and I want to be given some kind of priority because I'm older/more active and I need to keep MY name

Legit concern: Name changes have caused issues with marriages in the past. Will this still happen or has Nexon figured out a solution for fixing or avoiding this?
    FUD: Everyone needs to divorce before the name change or your marriage WILL BREAK, see I found PROOF of what happened in the past and it will happen to YOU

Legit concern: Are seasonal players being made aware of this? I'm worried about my friends.
    FUD: People are gonna come back after hiatus during the summer break and find all their stuff renamed and moved and MISSING and they're gonna be SO ANGRY and they'll ragequit and never play again
    (I mean, I could have worded it that way, I just opted not to lol. Some of my friends did kinda freak out. They didn't get the notification email. I didn't either.)

Legit concern: Will my collection of dead bees across all three servers safely make it through the merge?
    FUD: I'M GONNA LOSE MY BEES AND IT'S NEXON'S FAULT ALSO THE GAME IS DEAD JUST LIKE MY BEES

I think it's not about the topic of concern, but the wording - anything can be made into FUD with the right amount of panic and doom.

Can a forum mod either confirm if I'm on the right track or whack me if I'm not?
    VeylaineKatherzCrimsọnWolfsingerDraech
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 28, 2019

Greta, for once, please read. It wasn't an insult, I was just trying to help.
    Please respect that, there's no need to be so defensive about reiterating the rules.
    ToS states that users are to be constructive, and that you're not here to contact the devs specifically.
    If you wanted clarification on the rules, all you had to do was PM a Vmod. (They don't check every thread for questions.)
    They likely would've told you that constructive pessimism must be courteous, and not doom ridden.
    (IE- "Ferghus might need/want to try XYZ to get a new hammer in the future for A to happen," rather than, "If Ferghus doesn't get a new hammer in the future, my weapon will always break.")
    If you don't know how to speak distaste constructively other than, "This will 100% fail," then you will indeed be docked points as the mods deem it necessary.
    If you have any further issues or questions as to what FUD denotes, I heavily suggest sending a PM to a Vmod.

• HelsaHelsa

I see. Let's just clear up some things about the actual things that people are worried about.

1) Will the merge go smoothly? We, on the outside, won't know until it happens. Either way, all we can do is watch. My opinion is that it will, for the most part, go reasonably smoothly. Why do I think so? Because Nexon still has the old data center to practice and debug the process. They've also been planning it for almost a year.

2) Will names get stolen? Yes, they will. BUT It will only be a short term problem. People are going to raise a big stink over it, as well they should. So Nexon will have to create a separate field to uniquely identify each character, not based on their name. This will free up the name field and allow for unlimited duplication. That with a free name change event and everyone loves Nexon again.

3) Will other stuff break? Maybe, and it'll be fixed.

4) Will Alexina be merged into Nao? Eventually; it is inevitable. When? Who knows. The merge happening now did not occur in isolation of the decade of kvetching about it in the forums here. So, if you want Alexina merged sooner keep on kvetching about it; I intend to.

5) That a merge is happening at all. Obviously this would come as a shock to folks opposed to it all along, but at the end of the day, that ship has sailed.

For the most part, as a life-long, pro-merge advocate, my expectations are fairly optimistic. I could be wrong; we'll see. Anyway, you'll note I have not been saying much about these issues directly in the last few days, because of my over-all optimism. My issues now are with how one can express constructive concerns that are pessimistic without them, in a knee-jerk fashion, being deleted as FUD or being censured for them. Once we have a satisfactory answer for that, I will have corollary issues stemming from it. One thing at a time though.