Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hello everyone! Is there a better forum for this?

MarsigneMarsigne
Mabinogi Rep: 315
in Town Square
I'm downloading the game rn and I was looking around the forums, everyone seems friendly so I wanted to say hello. How's everyone's days going? ^_^

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 13, 2019
    Hi! Welcome to Mabinogi~ My day would be perfect if it wasn't so hot for over a week now... x.x
    MarsigneKensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 13, 2019
    Marsigne wrote: »
    I'm downloading the game rn and I was looking around the forums, everyone seems friendly so I wanted to say hello. How's everyone's days going? ^_^

Welcome to the show; what server, gender, race, and talent did you pick?
    Greta wrote: »
    Hi! Welcome to Mabinogi~ My day would be perfect if it wasn't so hot for over a week now... x.x

Aren't you in UK? Is "hot" when it's not raining or overcast?
    MarsigneKensamaofmari
  • MarsigneMarsigne
    Helsa wrote: »

What would you suggest? I haven't picked anything yet. :D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 13, 2019

I'm not in UK. I'm kinda jealous for their weather right now. Take a look at Lithuania's weather forecast. Some records were made this year lol. :D
    MarsigneKensamaofmariDarkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 13, 2019

As much as I'll hate myself for saying this, choose the Nao server; it is in ascendancy, whilst Alexina is in decline. Choose a human, as it will allow you to have an additional free elf and giant character. If you are brand new to the game but are familiar with this genre, choose close combat until you gain more familiarity with the game. You can change your talents as often as you like so don't feel like you're bound to it forever. The downside of close combat is it significantly increases your combat power rating; this makes further training of many skills significantly more difficult, however you can offset this by visiting Duncan, whom can lower all your skill rankings back to F whilst also returning your AP back to you. This means nothing to you at the moment but you'll understand soon enough. Do NOT master skills until after you have raised them all to rank 1, as this will mitigate any downside to often visiting Duncan.

I'm not in UK. I'm kinda jealous for their weather right now. Take a look at Lithuania's weather forecast. Some records were made this year lol. :D

A few of my pets are named using Lithuanian words (according to Google translate), but I forget which. Lithuania's the southern most one right or is the one in the middle?
    Marsigne
  • MarsigneMarsigne

As much as I'll hate myself for saying this, choose the Nao server; it is in ascendancy, whilst Alexina is in decline. Choose a human, as it will allow you to have an additional free elf and giant character. If you are brand new to the game but are familiar with this genre, choose close combat until you gain more familiarity with the game. You can change your talents as often as you like so don't feel like you're bound to it forever. The downside of close combat is it significantly increases your combat power rating; this makes further training of many skills significantly more difficult, however you can offset this by visiting Duncan, whom can lower all your skill rankings back to F whilst also returning your AP back to you. This means nothing to you at the moment but you'll understand soon enough. Do NOT master skills until after you have raised them all to rank 1, as this will mitigate any downside to often visiting Duncan.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I think the servers should have been merged by now, right? Will my stuff be kept the same wherever server I choose?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

A few of my pets are named using Lithuanian words (according to Google translate), but I forget which. Lithuania's the southern most one right or is the one in the middle?

Should be the biggest of the Baltic nations next to Poland.
    MarsigneDarkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa

Thanks for the suggestions! I think the servers should have been merged by now, right? Will my stuff be kept the same wherever server I choose?

I'm not sure what you mean. Two weeks ago there were 4 servers. The lowest three in population were merged together, after being separate entities since, I think 2009? My main character resides in the land of ghosts and winds, otherwise known as Alexina, so I can't answer that, since I was not directly effected by the merge.
    Marsigne
  • MarsigneMarsigne
    I'm not sure what you mean. Two weeks ago there were 4 servers. The lowest three in population were merged together, after being separate entities since, I think 2009? My main character resides in the land of ghosts and winds, otherwise known as Alexina, so I can't answer that, since I was not directly effected by the merge.
    Oohh, I thought Alexina was merging with Nao. :D
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 13, 2019
    Oohh, I thought Alexina was merging with Nao. :D

Would that it was so, brother; so mot it be.
    Marsigne
  • MarsigneMarsigne
    What did you say? O.o
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 13, 2019
    What did you say? O.o

What's your first language?

EDIT: mot should be mote BTW; my bad.
  • MarsigneMarsigne

Spanish, the forum doesn't give me an option to list the first language. I did get the inspirational vibe but I got totally lost on the "mot" haha.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    What did you say? O.o

Everything that has a beginning has an end.
    Marsigne
  • HelsaHelsa

Spanish, the forum doesn't give me an option to list the first language. I did get the inspirational vibe but I got totally lost on the "mot" haha.

FYI, there is this forum right at the very bottom of the main page. As for what I said:
    - for the first part;
    Would that it was so, brother;
    I direct you to the Wikipedia article on the Subjunctive Mood, and
    - for the last part;
    so mote it be.
    I direct you to the Wikipedia article on the Freemason equivalent to 'Amen', now being used in modern Pagan ritual practices.
  • MarsigneMarsigne
    FYI, there is this forum right at the very bottom of the main page. As for what I said:
    I've no desire in talking in Spanish in a non-Spanish forum. Never saw the appeal. :P
    - for the first part;
    That's an universal application, that's not the part that I didn't understand. :P
    Food for thought, thanks.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I've no desire in talking in Spanish in a non-Spanish forum. Never saw the appeal. :P

Mostly English, to be sure, but I pointed that out as a place for other languages to be used at those folks discretion.
    - for the first part;
    That's an universal application, that's not the part that I didn't understand. :P

I know, as you said earlier, but the subjunctive is quite rarely used, by native English speakers these days, so I included the link, to its description, for the benefit of other forum users.
    Food for thought, thanks.

I was trying to make the reply sound like an old fashioned form of English, which is why I included the phrase as well.
    Marsigne
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Mabination was one of the best forums we had and now it is lost. There is no freedom of speech here.
    Marsigne
  • MarsigneMarsigne
    Pan wrote: »
    Mabination was one of the best forums we had and now it is lost. There is no freedom of speech here.
    Is there a clan that resembles it? I'd like to join one. :)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Pan wrote: »

Freedom of speech does not exist in this world. Otherwise, anarchy will reign.
    MarsigneSherriWolfsingerVeylaine