Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did you all manage to get your desired names?

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Got the "you have items that don't exist in your cash shop" bug on all three of the characters I cared about the names of despite not having bought anything since the anniversary equipment bag was out (which I obviously didn't leave there), went through the ticket process for them so hopefully that turns out well. On the bright side, my sister tells me hers went through without issue.

PS. Y'all gotta stop bullying Gaea so much and derailing every thread on the forum it's unsightly and she din du nuffin (cept spook my gf joining her party); If the beef is so heated challenge her to a sanctioned MMA match to solve legally it in the cage and keep it off the forum please.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Got the "you have items that don't exist in your cash shop" bug on all three of the characters I cared about the names of despite not having bought anything since the anniversary equipment bag was out (which I obviously didn't leave there), went through the ticket process for them so hopefully that turns out well. On the bright side, my sister tells me hers went through without issue.

PS. Y'all gotta stop bullying Gaea so much and derailing every thread on the forum it's unsightly and she din du nuffin (cept spook my gf joining her party); If the beef is so heated challenge her to a sanctioned MMA match to solve legally it in the cage and keep it off the forum please.
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Don't only check the cash shop inventory, but also check the auction board, make sure you retrieve all your purchases and cancel anything you have on sale. Also you have to check the housing channel market's bank lady and if you have any items to retrieve from a previous house ownership you need to get all of those out of that inventory. Normally after owning a house on the housing channel the game puts a check in your "retrieve items" window that pays you back some of the money you spent on bidding on the house in the first place.

I had the cash shop issue and figured out that it was actually the housing channel inv that was stopping me from getting a name change. Fixed that and my request went through just fine. So make sure you don't have anything like that on your character.

Also, everyone needs to leave their guilds, families, divorce their spouses, and cancel applications to guilds as well, which you can do through the Mabi website. Click on community -> guilds -> guild profile -> find your character's name and push "cancel application"

Quoting myself to over here to hopefully help with your issue! I had that bug too and I was able to figure out the issue~ It's not just the cash shop that will trigger that error message.
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940

I'm genuinely curious if all of these limitations on name changes are due to ancient systems in place or are intended for some other nefarious purpose.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Guys, if you are having problems getting your changes going, check a housing channel bank NPC to see if you have to retrieve any checks from them. That counts as a problem for the name changing process as well.
    Shakaya
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 25, 2019
    the beef is so heated challenge her to a sanctioned MMA match to solve legally it in the cage and keep it off the forum please.

How did I spook your girlfriend? lol.

Leinei wrote: »
    Guys, if you are having problems getting your changes going, check a housing channel bank NPC to see if you have to retrieve any checks from them. That counts as a problem for the name changing process as well.

This seems to be the biggest thing people forgot to check apparently. Yet those people were still crying fowl play and blaming Nexon for their shortcomings. There were very specific instructions to follow and I am finding that people were still forgetting little steps here and there. They posted about this a couple times. Once before the merger and then again yesterday.

So regardless if the original message that popped up saying you got stuff in your cash shop inventory, it doesn't matter. You didn't follow ALL of the instructions provided prior to this. That included cleaning up housing inventory - which became a common culprit for this "bug".

For those people I'm sorry this happened to you. This will be a lesson. But I hope those people were able to get everything rectified and uncover suitable substitutes for the names you wanted or perhaps something even better that will grow on you and everyone else. At the very least you won't have to be stuck with +Server anymore.
    TreesSherriShakaya
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Yes, even for my support characters. Unfortunately, I wish this applied to my pets also.
  • lilblkroselilblkrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,115
    I forgot the name change was today and got a 3 letter name despite it was already 1PM
    Sorry, Mey.

Seeing my friends snatch up names on their Alts+Server makes me disappointed in em but at the same time, it was already foresight to a messy name change system with the "First Come, First Serve" and that they would have to have alts that got +Server. At least they didn't allow pet rename.

GG Everyone.
    Ion
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    My name change was highly successful.
    I will be known as DANIarts.
    Also to the people who're complaining - just stop.
    You had so much time to do what you had to do for the name change so stop complaining.

As for the ones who keep getting errors due to glitches or w.e
    I hope those get resolved.

This game can only do so much, no company is perfect, no person is perfect.
    You're going to have people complain about literally anything.
    So they're just trying to please as many people as possible considering you can't please everyone.

So just chill out.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    lilblkrose wrote: »
    I forgot the name change was today and got a 3 letter name despite it was already 1PM
    Sorry, Mey.

Seeing my friends snatch up names on their Alts+Server makes me disappointed in em but at the same time, it was already foresight to a messy name change system with the "First Come, First Serve" and that they would have to have alts that got +Server. At least they didn't allow pet rename.

GG Everyone.

Yeah well they said that they were going to monitor the system carefully for that kind of activity. I can only guess that some requests will be denied because of alt abuse. And don't think they can't see that crap and make cross references for alt accounts. They can and they might even ban those accounts.

So yeah if your friends were excessively abusing that system there may be consequences. Just be aware.

In my case I decided to only rename my main character and I left my alts on my account with the +Server name to help free up the name pool. There's no point in me hoarding names on characters I don't even play on and only serve as bank space.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sorry, Mey.

GG Everyone.

Yeah well they said that they were going to monitor the system carefully for that kind of activity. I can only guess that some requests will be denied because of alt abuse. And don't think they can't see that crap and make cross references for alt accounts. They can and they might even ban those accounts.

So yeah if your friends were excessively abusing that system there may be consequences. Just be aware.

In my case I decided to only rename my main character and I left my alts on my account with the +Server name to help free up the name pool. There's no point in me hoarding names on characters I don't even play on and only serve as bank space.

Because of all the glitches in the + being in character names, including issues with the mailbox that I've been having, I would recommend that +Server alt characters be renamed too, but to something that has a bunch of numbers after it or whatever. That way the name pool stays cleared up and you don't have to deal with any further issues that come out of names with + in it.

I personally am keeping all the +Server alts I have with that in their names, because I want to be able to personally bug test things that happen to +Server characters so I can help guildies that either miss the name change memo or actually like the +Server part of their name and want to keep it. I wouldn't recommend that people keep that in their names but someone out there is gonna be stubborn and wants to have it and I just want to be able to help them if any people like that apply to my guild~
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Sorry, Mey.

GG Everyone.

Because of all the glitches in the + being in character names, including issues with the mailbox that I've been having, I would recommend that +Server alt characters be renamed too, but to something that has a bunch of numbers after it or whatever. That way the name pool stays cleared up and you don't have to deal with any further issues that come out of names with + in it.

I personally am keeping all the +Server alts I have with that in their names, because I want to be able to personally bug test things that happen to +Server characters so I can help guildies that either miss the name change memo or actually like the +Server part of their name and want to keep it. I wouldn't recommend that people keep that in their names but someone out there is gonna be stubborn and wants to have it and I just want to be able to help them if any people like that apply to my guild~

Well they can always be a part of your guild's discord channel. Not exactly the most ideal way to be a part of a guild. But it works in a pinch I guess.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    My changes went OK, but one of my sibling's toons got a "this character is ineligible for name change" message without any explanation as to why. Said toon doesn't have any of the precluding conditions, so it's kinda vexing. A ticket has been sent, hopefully it will be sorted out.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    So you're saying I will be banned for renaming some of my alts because I don't want the ugly +Server on them?
    What if in the future I wanna play on them? I'll be paywalled to change my name then so I'm fixing this for my characters now.
    Kaga
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    edited June 25, 2019
    My changes went OK, but one of my sibling's toons got a "this character is ineligible for name change" message without any explanation as to why. Said toon doesn't have any of the precluding conditions, so it's kinda vexing. A ticket has been sent, hopefully it will be sorted out.

What's her cumulative lvl?
    if it's under 30 then that's why.

but if she's over 30 then try having her read everything and see if maybe she over-looked something.

Also, if she happens to not have a "+server name" to her name then that can also be why.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    I managed to get mine, which is great, because coming up with various monikers for Dreadhawk is daunting, especially when I have a list of alts with various fear+bird names that I can't use due to them pre-existing. Was pleased that all of my other characters who got +Server'd also were able to retrieve their names, and especially my wife.

Now if only we could do pets...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 25, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »
    So you're saying I will be banned for renaming some of my alts because I don't want the ugly +Server on them?
    What if in the future I wanna play on them? I'll be paywalled to change my name then so I'm fixing this for my characters now.

Sorry if you got a little confused with my comment. Let clarify; what they are looking for are certain IP's with multiple accounts taking up names. If you are just doing it on one account you are fine.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Sorry if you got a little confused with my comment. Let clarify; what they are looking for are certain IP's with multiple accounts taking up names. If you are just doing it on one account you are fine.

Meaning using many accounts to take names, not if only if the person, let's say has 2 accounts and taking only 1 or 2 names because they still legitimately use those accounts to play and not do malicious activity?
    Did I make it more confusing?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Meaning using many accounts to take names, not if only if the person, let's say has 2 accounts and taking only 1 or 2 names because they still legitimately use those accounts to play and not do malicious activity?

Probably lol.

Lets say you have a dozen accounts and you start using those accounts to start snagging up tons of names. Well it's obvious to them what you are doing and it's all coming from similar IP's.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Probably lol.

Lets say you have a dozen accounts and you start using those accounts to start snagging up tons of names. Well it's obvious to them what you are doing and it's all coming from similar IP's.

I guess we'll wait and see.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Greta wrote: »
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

You chose to be on Alexina.

That was your decision. :P

At least i don't need to stress over Nexon mistakes or see any ugly name tags.

At least my server is no longer the target of "dead" jokes.

At least I got more chances to get better prizes in Festia Instant Prize Event, and no one is gonna laugh at Alexina for that like before some did back then. :)
    Have fun losing a chance within 5 minutes or maybe even less. Alexina had a record for losing prize slots within 15 minutes the last time this event happened.

Took a few days, actually.

Just as it did when I was on Tarlach.

Have fun playing alone.