Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This picture puzzle :/

Comments

• Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    edited June 29, 2019
    Shakaya wrote: »
    ***furiously rants for days about a children's puzzle***
    I'm not even mad
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 29, 2019
    Honestly, i was lucky with Sliding Puzzle this time. But the Memory Match one was actually easy for me, even though the flipping took so much time and i actually quickly memorized few cards, went on flipping spree and matched them all. Like few seconds were left and did it on first try. Also... Is no one gonna complain about the Quiz game? I actually had trouble realizing about the Tir Chonaill villagers being as Partholonians, took me like 8 minutes if not more until i learned it and found the correct form of it, because at first i thought about "Partholon". Weird how i knew the Partholon Prince answer right away lol.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I cleared the memory match on the first try, but I don't usually have lag issues unless it's on the server's end.

I also didn't know Tir citizens were descendants of Partholonians. I just got the quiz answers off of the wiki, though.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 29, 2019
    I cleared the memory match on the first try, but I don't usually have lag issues unless it's on the server's end.

I also didn't know Tir citizens were descendants of Partholonians. I just got the quiz answers off of the wiki, though.

Same, but i actually did some digging with Mabinogi wiki and took my time reading and researching. I didn't see any Generations as interesting back when i was doing them, especially the old ones. I think i only started to read a bit more after g20 came out.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I always read everything, but it's been 11 years since I've done g1 so there's probably stuff I've forgotten. There's also a lot of lore that's in the books you can buy from the book stores that I haven't read, so it could be in one of those.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

I got Partholonians confused with Tuatha de Dananns lol
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    With its short time limit, fossil restoration is more of an action mini-game than a thinking puzzle. If we had unlimited restoration time but extremely complex and detailed fossils, then I think it would be an improvement.

Right now we have these

how_exp_fossil_1.jpg

but I think this would work better

animal-skull-illustration-what-made-ink-then-was-digitalized-horse-drawing-engraving-line-art-vector-107227776.jpg
    15610b45ff25e65672dc9897dfef2708fa6459ac_00.jpg
    Donk3y
  • GretaGreta
    Please no... Rofl.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    if it helps, the trick i found was to, rotate each corner area, in place were the pieces should go, then if i run out of being able to insert another chain, i rotate the entire outer area till i can insert again.

(only issue with the number video, is in g23 its a picture . and its a lil bit hard to see how she rotating them in place in under 20seconds when all i see are numbers X.X
    Shakaya
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Sherri wrote: »

Same. Aren't the Tuatha de Dananns descendants of the Patholonians? And if I understood the chapter 1 story correctly, aren't most of the NPC humans Tuatha de Dananns?

I'm not trying to be mean, rude or offensive. I'm genuinely curious. What specifically is hard about a 3x3 puzzle? Would it be harder or easier for those that found it hard to have a minigame where there were a picture of 19 sticks, a picture of 13 sticks and you were told to add the total number of sticks?
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 30, 2019
    jjeremy wrote: »

I'm not trying to be mean, rude or offensive. I'm genuinely curious. What specifically is hard about a 3x3 puzzle? Would it be harder or easier for those that found it hard to have a minigame where there were a picture of 19 sticks, a picture of 13 sticks and you were told to add the total number of sticks?

The further i shuffle it the less it makes sense to me. I feel like with every slide i go further away from completing and before i realize it, i already messed it up a bunch. The whole thing of pieces going around and making them move away from correct spots just so i could get the other pieces in there really STRESSES the heck out of me. It makes me paranoid that i will lose the correct order of them and it 90% happens just like that. And i go to start all over again.
    Shakaya
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    With its short time limit, fossil restoration is more of an action mini-game than a thinking puzzle. If we had unlimited restoration time but extremely complex and detailed fossils, then I think it would be an improvement.

Right now we have these

how_exp_fossil_1.jpg

but I think this would work better

animal-skull-illustration-what-made-ink-then-was-digitalized-horse-drawing-engraving-line-art-vector-107227776.jpg
    15610b45ff25e65672dc9897dfef2708fa6459ac_00.jpg

I agree that it would be better to either have unlimited time (with more complex shapes), or make the g8 quest not care about the quality (so any non-broken restoration would do).
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 30, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »
    ***furiously rants for days about a children's puzzle***
    I'm not even mad

Editing quotes like that is against the rules, I'm pretty sure.
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

Same. Aren't the Tuatha de Dananns descendants of the Patholonians? And if I understood the chapter 1 story correctly, aren't most of the NPC humans Tuatha de Dananns?

The sliding puzzle is randomized for everyone. And its made more annoying when you don't know what the finished image is supposed to look like.
    GretaShakaya
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    How I think of it:

Think of each two by two areas of the puzzle containing the empty space as a circle, then realize that this encompasses two circles overlapping one another. Then realize you can "rotate" the circles clockwise and counterclockwise, then think that all you have to do to move a piece is to navigate a certain part from one circle to the next.
    Sherri