Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G23 Ship part

lolpopperlolpopper
Mabinogi Rep: 615
in General Chat
if their plan was to make the boat part fun well they failed hard... its raging, pisisng me off to the max...

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    wait till you get on the islend >_>
  • lolpopperlolpopper
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    jsut from part 1 iknow its not gona be fun lol...
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    It's just an afk skill.
    I hate afk skills. And I'm not good enough for the fishing mini game. XD
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    No, I don't think they meant the fishing boat.
    Veylaine
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 18, 2019
    I'm am just going to say this.

Learn to READ. You need to pay attention to the dialog. If it says you can't go right or left because of coral reefs, then you can't go right or left. Just go forward and follow the ball of light as much as possible. Once you get it to around 200 distance the final action scene will trigger and you will have to fight off 3 waves of monsters. After that you will end up on the beach.

This is not the part that is going to piss you off the most though. lol.
    AlshianLeinei
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

Gaea wrote: »

Learn to READ. You need to pay attention to the dialog. If it says you can't go right or left because of coral reefs, then you can't go right or left. Just go forward and follow the ball of light as much as possible. Once you get it to around 200 distance the final action scene will trigger and you will have to fight off 3 waves of monsters. After that you will end up on the beach.

Knowledge is power my friends, learn to read! >:3
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Alshian wrote: »

Knowledge is power my friends, learn to read! >:3

To know that you know what you know, and to know that you do not know what you do not know, that is knowledge - Confucious

So do read up and expand your knowledge otherwise, it will be a sinking ship.
    source.gif
    AlshianSherriCrimsọnWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    The only issue I had was the constant cannonballs, but Lymilark repaired my boat so I got the mission done in one go :)
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

huh, that's different from how it went for me...

The ball of light moved to where the reefs were TWICE and I chose the 'break through the reef' option both times.

I also chose to 'escape' and only wound up fighting enemies when I tried to not follow the light BECAUSE the reef was there...

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 18, 2019
    KingEphy wrote: »

The ball of light moved to where the reefs were TWICE and I chose the 'break through the reef' option both times.

I also chose to 'escape' and only wound up fighting enemies when I tried to not follow the light BECAUSE the reef was there...

There seems to be a few scenarios. I have run this a couple times while helping friends. Following my method will ensure success.

That being said...breaking through the reef can cause serious damage to the boat and will risk failure of the mission and will cause frustration. Also for the 123 waves bit, hit it straight on because irl that is the best thing you can do in large boats during a storm and it proves accurate in this game.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    KingEphy wrote: »

There seems to be a few scenarios. I have run this a couple times while helping friends. Following my method will ensure success.

That being said...breaking through the reef can cause serious damage to the boat and will risk failure of the mission and will cause frustration. Also for the 123 waves bit, hit it straight on because irl that is the best thing you can do in large boats during a storm and it proves accurate in this game.

I feel like I'm looking at a Don't Starve Shipwrecked thing again...xD
    I haven't done this gen yet but you guys already have me worried
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    What does the light even look like? I don't see it anywhere.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    jjeremy wrote: »
    What does the light even look like? I don't see it anywhere.

It looks like a fuzzy ball of electricity off to the distance.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    ...here's hoping people who turn off Mini-effects can see it.

It'd be crazy if that ball of light disappears as a 'mini effect'.
    Wolfsinger
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited July 22, 2019
    I've had mini-effects off and can't see it. Would someone mind circling it?
    QVhuQYF.png

Edit:
    Nevermind. I managed to get through it using guess work :sunglasses:
    Veylaine
  • AmyureAmyure
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    edited July 21, 2019
    I was having the same problem. You actually cannot see it on ultra-wide windowed mode. Change your resolution to full-screen / alt-enter to see it.

https://gyazo.com/284c8537f5c8cbeba4001999816161b2.gif

It's really dumb.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You guys and your fancy screens. 9dnGeIh.png
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    You guys and your fancy screens. 9dnGeIh.png

What, you still using a 98 monitor?
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I have failed this mission five times. When he says there's reefs, I go around so I don't hit reefs. Then I get hit by cannon balls. Over. And over. And over. The cannon balls keep destroying my ship. I really hate how much mabi relies on RNG.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I have failed this mission five times. When he says there's reefs, I go around so I don't hit reefs. Then I get hit by cannon balls. Over. And over. And over. The cannon balls keep destroying my ship. I really hate how much mabi relies on RNG.

"Do you want to eat a marsh mellow?" [Y] or [N]

"You had failed to eat the marsh mellow and suffered choke damage."

"Do you want to scream profanity over RNG?" [Y] or [N]

"You failed to say a single word and suffered shame points."

"Do you want to trade with Player 2?" [Y] or [N]

"Your fingers slipped and dropped the item." "Your item was stolen by Player 2."

"Do you want to drink fresh water?" [Y] or [N]

"The water is straight out of a polluted lake and caused dysentery"

RNG is "fun" hahaha......