Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

STOP GIVING US EXPIRING STUFF!!!

Comments

• Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Guys, I found an actual pretty good use case for the hammers: just use them on items of the same type as your spirit weapon. :D

Also...

HOW COULD BEEF BE LOSING!?!?!?! :((((
    Sherri
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    i throw every expire trash instantly
    all upgrade stones hammers RB pots allot of stuff its useless for me whene it expires in 4 or 6 days
    Shakaya
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited July 20, 2019
    The people making the "It's a free item, so why are you complaining?" argument are missing the entire point of the thread.

Why do items have to expire when they shouldn't in the first place? Hoarding items for later use hurts nobody. :|
    SherriShakaya
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    This games p2p element was once buying character cards for a weekly rebirth instead of every 3 weeks. things sure do change in weird ways
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The people making the "It's a free item, so why are you complaining?" argument are missing the entire point of the thread.

Why do items have to expire when they shouldn't in the first place? Hoarding items for later use hurts nobody. :|

To decrease the actual value and future dependency of the item where people could sell at extortion levels? Idk.
    Byff
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Donk3y wrote: »
    Guys, I found an actual pretty good use case for the hammers: just use them on items of the same type as your spirit weapon. :D

Also...

That becomes moot with the Spirit Weapon upgrade, when they can be repaired like normal equips.
    VeylaineShakaya
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485

To decrease the actual value and future dependency of the item where people could sell at extortion levels? Idk.

The items aren't tradeable though.
    The balloon event ones are but they at least take actual effort to get.
    Hankrillon wrote: »

They're not tradeable, but by spamming the supply, people might need less of the items going forward and could lower the market price of the tradeable ones.
  • HankrillonHankrillon

They're not tradeable, but by spamming the supply, people might need less of the items going forward and could lower the market price of the tradeable ones.

That's only bad for people who hoard event items looking for a profit. For regular players that might actually need the items that's a good thing.
    Shakaya

That's only bad for people who hoard event items looking for a profit. For regular players that might actually need the items that's a good thing.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to potentially decrease the cost of the items.
    Shakaya
  • HankrillonHankrillon

Oh I'm stupid, I misunderstood what you meant at first.
    edited July 23, 2019

Oh I'm stupid, I misunderstood what you meant at first.

Oof
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    This games p2p element was once buying character cards for a weekly rebirth instead of every 3 weeks. things sure do change in weird ways

To be fair, this is one of the LEAST p2w mmos I've ever played.

Also...

That becomes moot with the Spirit Weapon upgrade, when they can be repaired like normal equips.

But we still have a bit until them :D Some of us are going to spam our spirit weapons to get them really high before the update, so we can get a (relative) head start :D
    That's just how I see it though, we don't know how hard/easy it would be to level them after the update. Or at least I don't xD
  • HankrillonHankrillon

It's indirectly p2w I guess. You don't have to spend any real money to play, but you're sure going to have a much harder time getting strong or looking how you want compared to someone who drops 300 dollars on the game a week to buy reforges or other cash shop items to sell to other players.
    Sherri
  • Donk3yDonk3y

It's indirectly p2w I guess. You don't have to spend any real money to play, but you're sure going to have a much harder time getting strong or looking how you want compared to someone who drops 300 dollars on the game a week to buy reforges or other cash shop items to sell to other players.

I disagree, you can more or less do all of the content in the game (except for the exceptionally endgame stuff) with like 2-5 months of investment, as my friend who I brought in the game can attest. That's hardly p2w. I'd argue the game is p2e (pay to endgame xD) since the difference between endgame and a character that can do all gens is insane.
    VeylaineShakaya
  • ByffByff
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    The full recoveries are always useful but I don't get why we're always getting so many rebirth potions thrown at us anyways. I have almost an entire bank inventory full just from Blannid's quests so I've just been insta-destroying the ones I get from this event
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

It's p2w if you are lazy.
    Crims wrote: »

It's p2w if you are lazy.

Otherwise, it's broadly pay to enhance play.
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    they should also stop doing main character only events i have alot of characters i would love to use but im stuck to using only 1 of them
    they should also stop doing main character only events i have alot of characters i would love to use but im stuck to using only 1 of them

They only set it to this system to prevent bots and some players from abusing the events for their own illegal financial gains.
    Unfortunately, that's just the type of cyberworld we dwell in.