Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Happy Lunar New Year Everyone!

HappersHappers
Mabinogi Rep: 735
in General Chat
Guess what! The year of the rooster has started January 28! :D I was hoping there would be an event or at least a hot time for the occasion, but since there was a lack of holiday events I started to doubt there would be a Lunar New Years event. Was anyone else hoping for a Lunar New Years event??
PeloiSherriSutaruCrisis1Kryo
  1. Shouldn't we have had an event for the occasion?40 votes
    1. Yes!
       73% (29 votes)
    2. Nah
       3% (1 vote)
    3. Meh
       23% (9 votes)
    4. Other (Share below!)
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    It would be nice. I was born in the year of the rooster.
  • PeloiPeloi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,135
    We should really be experiencing and embracing other cultures, not just the ones we know, so would have been nice to have an event, year of tiger here.
    Sherri
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    春节快乐!

(Yes, I believe we should have a Spring Festival Event)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    That would be interesting! :o
    I'd love it if they brought some holidays from other cultures too.
    I was also born in the year of the tiger. c:
    I want a pet rooster. lol
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    I want rooster themed things. I really would love a giant rooster mount. I looooove chickens! I was born the year of the rooster too and I also raise chickens, so for me this would be epic.
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    @Sutaru don't forget about kokopo.
  • SutaruSutaru
    I really wouldn't consider Kokopo a chicken of any sort.
  • HappersHappers
    69ca29cf6f.jpg
    A friend sent me this. I wanna be a chicken! D:
    SutaruPeloi
  • SutaruSutaru
    Happers wrote: »
    69ca29cf6f.jpg

OH MY GOSH. WHAAAAAAAT?! IS THIS A THING?!?!?!?! Sorry....you literally don't know what this means to me ;-; chickens are my best friends....
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Happers wrote: »
    69ca29cf6f.jpg

Well isn't that something. Nice.
  • TAIygomaster_BuuBuuTAIygomaster_BuuBuu
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    中国新年快乐! Happy Year of the Chicken!

Although Lunar New Year started 3 days ago, with Phoenix egg event ending today, could this mean the maint coming tomorrow (if there is one which there probably will be to get rid of the phoenix egg) will include a Lunar New Year event?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah I was going to post about the rooster robe, but then I was like...it's just a rooster robe. lol.
    Greta
  • HappersHappers
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah I was going to post about the rooster robe, but then I was like...it's just a rooster robe. lol.

BUT ROOSTER ROBE :CC
  • SutaruSutaru
    The rooster robe has been needed for a long time XD If they don't bring this event to us I will be devastated.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I was born in the Year of the Rooster and this is the first year I'm actually proud about that (in childhood people would make fun of me) so it was really sad to not have anything Rooster-related.
    I mean, even a mini-event with the Chicken family gem would have been okay n.n
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    As far as I can recall, we've only had 2 lunar new years events in NA I think. Snake and Sheep. I think it'd be nice to have Lunar New Year celebrated more often~ As well as the Celtic Pagan holidays (since it's a Celtic game). Though I'm content when we just get the mainstream NA holidays' events~
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Nexon calls the shots on what gets made into an event. They can't please everyone, unfortunately.

Sometimes I suspect I'm the only person playing this game that is without any trace of East Asian heritage. My own family tree has Celtic roots, so that's one thing that drew me to the game to begin with, way back at the dawn of the post-beta era.
  • HappersHappers
    Shakaya wrote: »
    As far as I can recall, we've only had 2 lunar new years events in NA I think. Snake and Sheep. I think it'd be nice to have Lunar New Year celebrated more often~ As well as the Celtic Pagan holidays (since it's a Celtic game). Though I'm content when we just get the mainstream NA holidays' events~

We had an event last year, (the monkey), and the year before (the sheep), and I dont remember further than that. Last year there wasn't anything related to the monkey, unless you want to count the red monkey whistle we recieved during the hot time events May 2016, but there was still a fortune telling event for the spring festival.
    Sutaru