Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Second-Last Post Wins!

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    What kind of sick minded people steals people's goldfish?

Duh! Frat boys.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    What kind of sick minded people steals people's goldfish?

Duh! Frat boys.

I don't mean to judge, but it's probably the Hispanics taking their kids to school down the street in the early morning.
    It's not the first time we've had stuff taken from our yard. We've had 2 pot of plants taken years back, and when it rains, we had his wooden board to put out on the front door to prevent water coming in, that was taken too.

My brother dropped his keys recently walking the dog, and some Hispanic guy riding his bike, picked them up and took off.

We were burglarized by Hispanics once, the only burglary attempt that was successful.

Before we built up a wooden fence, people have come in an stolen lettuce from my backyard, stole Koi carp from our backyard pond, and drunk people from a party across the street one time, (yes Hispanics) climbed over with a dog and left the dog in our backyard!

It's these people that give a bad image of all other Latinos and is why we have this situation where there are people who want to see them out of the US. It takes a bad bunch to ruin the image of everyone else.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Uh? Where did that come from?
    Uh? Where did that come from?

The goldfish or the rant?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Something about goldfish being stolen. I figured it was another one of your Kensamapostcount++ non-sequiturs, and then you're ranting about latinos! I mean what?
    Something about goldfish being stolen. I figured it was another one of your Kensamapostcount++ non-sequiturs, and then you're ranting about latinos! I mean what?

No, we had our goldfish stolen by Latino folk in the latest hostile act on our property.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited September 11, 2019
    Well, I had some goldfish in the front yard get stolen yesterday.

You have a game camera out front? Wouldn't be too surprised if a bird found them to be a quick meal.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

No, we had our goldfish stolen by Latino folk in the latest hostile act on our property.

My sympathies there, we haven't had anything like but we stopped putting anything outside of flowers on our front lawn cause of.....difficulties...with the neighbor. We do however have issues with the beautiful mixtures of colors because some people have to be foolish. I wasn't even aware we had gang activity going on nearby until I learned why the police were patrolling the neighborhood more often -.-"
    Teenagers :P I'm sorry about the loss though.
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

My sympathies there, we haven't had anything like but we stopped putting anything outside of flowers on our front lawn cause of.....difficulties...with the neighbor. We do however have issues with the beautiful mixtures of colors because some people have to be foolish. I wasn't even aware we had gang activity going on nearby until I learned why the police were patrolling the neighborhood more often -.-"

We've had like 2-3 shooting incidents at the park/community center across the street within the past year. Don't know what the issue was, but we've never seen anything like it before. Police swarming the area and closing off the roads. We're far enough from it to not be completely disturbed, but there are demographic reasons that cause the rise in these incidents, and unfortunately, it makes people suspicious of even their neighbors.. for the bad activities of a few.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

We've had like 2-3 shooting incidents at the park/community center across the street within the past year. Don't know what the issue was, but we've never seen anything like it before. Police swarming the area and closing off the roads. We're far enough from it to not be completely disturbed, but there are demographic reasons that cause the rise in these incidents, and unfortunately, it makes people suspicious of even their neighbors.. for the bad activities of a few.

A house way directly down the road from us was apparently getting shot up. Apparently one of the people contesting the turf war - as I've heard it - was staying there. The police finally went in a few weeks ago and removed them, but considering what we know of it was a 'territory dispute'.......yeah.
    But yeah, I mean, once you realize it's around, and you don't know who or what all's involved, just the unfortunate details and appearances.....its rough.

A house way directly down the road from us was apparently getting shot up. Apparently one of the people contesting the turf war - as I've heard it - was staying there. The police finally went in a few weeks ago and removed them, but considering what we know of it was a 'territory dispute'.......yeah.
    But yeah, I mean, once you realize it's around, and you don't know who or what all's involved, just the unfortunate details and appearances.....its rough.

Well, we had a 2nd burglary attempt about a year or less after the 1st. This time they were African Americans, teens at that. My brother was home at the time and heard people sneaking into the room next to his, he bluffed and yelled, "where did I put my gun?" and the knaves fled. They made a mess in the room but wasn't able to take anything. It was later on, the day after we filed police reports and everything, we found a cellphone outside the window they were coming in from. Turned that in the police and that did them in. Weeks later, the news was reporting about a break in a case around the region that saw high rates of burglaries in neighborhoods that didn't have a lot of crime that was spearheaded by a out of state mafia group that had control of some of the local gangs. They had a quota for each member to take in $5000 daily and acquire 1 firearm. It was likely the ones trying to break in to our house that time were related to them, but their inexperience and immaturity and probably dressing attire busted them.

Interestingly, when we filed the police report, I came home while the police were wrapping things up. I asked a officer, what are our rights as citizens for self defense in these times where everything is sensitive and you can easily do something wrong defending yourself. He said, if you are threatened you can use any means to fight back to repel the attacker, but do not counterattack, being aggressive forgoes your right of self defense, unless the suspect is killed. And if you must counterattack, make sure they are dead, because dead men tell no tales. Leave them wounded, and they could countersuit you in court. Very interesting stuff. Also, when asking what is the best way, because there has been a lot where police respond and accidentally kill/wound the actual victims, is if possible, remain on the phone with dispatch, and if officers give orders, obey them.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Well, we had a 2nd burglary attempt about a year or less after the 1st. This time they were African Americans, teens at that. My brother was home at the time and heard people sneaking into the room next to his, he bluffed and yelled, "where did I put my gun?" and the knaves fled. They made a mess in the room but wasn't able to take anything. It was later on, the day after we filed police reports and everything, we found a cellphone outside the window they were coming in from. Turned that in the police and that did them in. Weeks later, the news was reporting about a break in a case around the region that saw high rates of burglaries in neighborhoods that didn't have a lot of crime that was spearheaded by a out of state mafia group that had control of some of the local gangs. They had a quota for each member to take in $5000 daily and acquire 1 firearm. It was likely the ones trying to break in to our house that time were related to them, but their inexperience and immaturity and probably dressing attire busted them.

Interestingly, when we filed the police report, I came home while the police were wrapping things up. I asked a officer, what are our rights as citizens for self defense in these times where everything is sensitive and you can easily do something wrong defending yourself. He said, if you are threatened you can use any means to fight back to repel the attacker, but do not counterattack, being aggressive forgoes your right of self defense, unless the suspect is killed. And if you must counterattack, make sure they are dead, because dead men tell no tales. Leave them wounded, and they could countersuit you in court. Very interesting stuff. Also, when asking what is the best way, because there has been a lot where police respond and accidentally kill/wound the actual victims, is if possible, remain on the phone with dispatch, and if officers give orders, obey them.

Teens are trouble period...light helps those caught in that.
    The advice sounds kinda familiar to stuff I've been told before. Good to be refreshed on that. You ain't wrong, things are wonky sensitive right now....
    Glad your brother's alright, stay safe ya'll

Teens are trouble period...light helps those caught in that.
    The advice sounds kinda familiar to stuff I've been told before. Good to be refreshed on that. You ain't wrong, things are wonky sensitive right now....
    Glad your brother's alright, stay safe ya'll

The thing was those teens were dropped off by a lady and the end of the street. This was according to neighbors in the aftermath.
    Oh, forgot to mention that in the first burglary, they left on the gas in the kitchen and locked our dog in there.
    I believe that happened when I was still in college, rest of family were out at work or shopping. The shopping team came back minutes as the perpetrators made their escape. Apparently, the daughter of our former neighbor, who visiting saw someone walk out our side door and thought it was a resident. Said looked clean and well dressed and was carrying a backpack and a carry bag, likely one that they stole from us) and thought nothing of it. It appears he made his escape first. My grandma said as they were turning into the driveway, she thought she saw a husky person jump the fence in the backyard. Anyway, we weren't the only ones hit by those thugs. The entire neighborhood, maybe 5-6 blocks were hit, before and after us. We spoke with the local head of the neighborhood watch, said in 30 years he's lived there, never seen anything like it. They eventually caught the husky fellow whose face was caught on someone's surveillance camera and photos were distributed around the wide area of several neighborhoods. Someone saw him prowling and got him.

But those 2 burglaries were for wealth. I am still flabbergasted why people will steal vegetables from someone's backyard, take their fish and wooden boards?

I don't know if that's part of their culture in their home countries, to just take things they like from other people, but I'm just appalled at why do you need to take trivial things of your neighbors? Especially if you live around here? And why are you using your kids to steal?
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited September 13, 2019
    I don't know if that's part of their culture in their home countries, to just take things they like from other people, but I'm just appalled at why do you need to take trivial things of your neighbors? Especially if you live around here? And why are you using your kids to steal?

In survival of the fittest, I'm pretty certain that goldfish look extremely tasty to kids out on the street with a low enough IQ.
    (Google says they'll taste like fish pellets.)
    Manipulative parents like that must be the worst thing ever, I hope they threw them in the slammer while their kids are in juvy.
    Seriously, kids with zero parental care or education will be as stupid as they act.
    I can't help but wonder if the schools in your area even know what's going on, or if those kids are dropouts/skipping.
    Seems like they do/might, but have a garbage recovery system for children stuck in the rings like that.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 13, 2019
    I am still flabbergasted why people will steal vegetables from someone's backyard, take their fish and wooden boards?

Different groups of people: the vegetables are youngens, for sure; even I did that when I was still young enough to want to play outside. Solution: give them a console and they'll never leave the house. The fish could be teenagers or the neighbors cat. As for the burglury, ethnic groups have been bandied about in this discussion. Since your family is Chinese, maybe the thieves assume your family has money and therefore good stuff to steal?
    Darkpixie99
    I am still flabbergasted why people will steal vegetables from someone's backyard, take their fish and wooden boards?

Different groups of people: the vegetables are youngens, for sure; even I did that when I was still young enough to want to play outside. Solution: give them a console and they'll never leave the house. The fish could be teenagers or the neighbors cat. As for the burglury, ethnic groups have been bandied about in this discussion. Since your family is Chinese, maybe the thieves assume your family has money and therefore good stuff to steal?

The thing was, these are kids heading down the street to school with their parents, and their parents let them do that? What kind of upbringing do they have?

Well for the burglaries, based on what happened around the several blocks, appeared to be random hits. The initially successful thieves were smart that they found our cams, took out the memory chips and disabled them. Those weren't newbs, they knew what they were doing, unlike the 2nd attempt.
  • HelsaHelsa

The thing was, these are kids heading down the street to school with their parents, and their parents let them do that? What kind of upbringing do they have?

Well for the burglaries, based on what happened around the several blocks, appeared to be random hits. The initially successful thieves were smart that they found our cams, took out the memory chips and disabled them. Those weren't newbs, they knew what they were doing, unlike the 2nd attempt.

Is there no such thing as camera telemetry feeding back to cloud storage at the same time?
    Darkpixie99

Is there no such thing as camera telemetry feeding back to cloud storage at the same time?

Well, we have crappy cameras that are not advanced.
  • HelsaHelsa

Well, we have crappy cameras that are not advanced.

That'll learn youse for being cheap!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Never had any issues with being robbed yet, thank god. But we do have 3 dogs on duty. No guns though, and my unpopular opinion is that we should follow after a country with better gun laws, like Canada.
    Canada is awesome in general.
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99