Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao

Comments

• AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    Lots of people agree, this merge should happen just like Nao happened.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Amaraz wrote: »

I thought Alexina was mostly dead.

Most Nao players I talk to would rather let Alexina fade into obscurity.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

So proud of this community.
    BuffalosChaosShadow
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

Then I think your friend circle is really small. Most of the Nao people I know would rather see a merge happen than to watch their cross server friends quit the game because we have nothing to do without asserting ourselves into elitist closed circles somehow.
    GretaSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I wonder why the game was implemented as several "servers" with some number of channels each rather than one server with many channels, and whether the conditions that lead to it are still valid. Someone posted a korean language video (with subtitles) this last spring where some mucky muck at Nexon said that they were looking to create "friendly" rivalry between the servers. But since your avatars can never meet there would be no way to express that rivalry other than inside internet forums. Looking at these forums, it is pretty obvious that didn't work out as planned. Maybe knowing why the game was implemented the way it was might help us to understand why Alexina was not included in the merge.
    SherrixSho76
  • JarvorenJarvoren
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    100% support.

I've been playing since the beginning (closed beta) and originally started on Mari, but after a few years, got busy with real life that I took a hiatus from the game around the time that Tailteann released. I came back a few years later and felt like population on Mari was depressing and my character was laughably behind anyways, so I made an entirely new character on Alexina, leaving my old characters and PAID pets behind with countless items that were from the pay-to-rebirth days (outfits). Now, I've been fully on Alexina for a good 3 years and my character is decently leveled up. I'm not someone who no-lifes the game anymore, simply because I have a fiancee and life outside the computer, but I found that many of my old friends started playing again... in Nao.

Alexina is not completely dead, but it might as well be. Everyone and their mother is AFK on that server and it really sucks the soul out of this wonderful game. I've seen Nao and there's people actually running around and socializing! I've gotten so depressed from population imbalance that I've had to "quit" so many times and try to find a new MMO, but I always keep coming back to Mabinogi. Why? Because it's the best one in my honest opinion. It was a smack in the face for everyone on Alexina with the "Nao" together event. Nexon deliberately made the choice to make two separate servers on a game that's frankly on it's last leg. Having one big super server would increase veteran population and new player base. Most people quit due to inactivity, so just merge it all already and stop being stubborn to the players who've supported you so much over the years.
    SherriArrived
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited September 22, 2019
    Buffalos wrote: »

Then I think your friend circle is really small. Most of the Nao people I know would rather see a merge happen than to watch their cross server friends quit the game because we have nothing to do without asserting ourselves into elitist closed circles somehow.

Maybe you have too many imaginary friends. A lot of people don't want the merge, either.

It says something when a former CM publicly declares Alexina as the worst server.

Nao has its own issues, and you Alexinians surely won't help in the slightest.
    Jarvoren wrote: »
    100% support.

I've been playing since the beginning (closed beta) and originally started on Mari, but after a few years, got busy with real life that I took a hiatus from the game around the time that Tailteann released. I came back a few years later and felt like population on Mari was depressing and my character was laughably behind anyways, so I made an entirely new character on Alexina, leaving my old characters and PAID pets behind with countless items that were from the pay-to-rebirth days (outfits). Now, I've been fully on Alexina for a good 3 years and my character is decently leveled up. I'm not someone who no-lifes the game anymore, simply because I have a fiancee and life outside the computer, but I found that many of my old friends started playing again... in Nao.

Alexina is not completely dead, but it might as well be. Everyone and their mother is AFK on that server and it really sucks the soul out of this wonderful game. I've seen Nao and there's people actually running around and socializing! I've gotten so depressed from population imbalance that I've had to "quit" so many times and try to find a new MMO, but I always keep coming back to Mabinogi. Why? Because it's the best one in my honest opinion. It was a smack in the face for everyone on Alexina with the "Nao" together event. Nexon deliberately made the choice to make two separate servers on a game that's frankly on it's last leg. Having one big super server would increase veteran population and new player base. Most people quit due to inactivity, so just merge it all already and stop being stubborn to the players who've supported you so much over the years.

Game isn't much more lively on Nao. Most people still afk in place, and based on what I saw on my 10 years on Tarlach, the interaction level is the same, too.

And I'm not going through the name change bull again. You Alexininans want in on Nao, you have to accept that if your name is on Nao already, you're going to get server tagged.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited September 22, 2019
    Doublepost. Ignore/delete post.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Buffalos wrote: »

Maybe you have too many imaginary friends. A lot of people don't want the merge, either.

It says something when a former CM publicly declares Alexina as the worst server.

Nao has its own issues, and you Alexinians surely won't help in the slightest.
    Jarvoren wrote: »
    100% support.

Game isn't much more lively on Nao. Most people still afk in place, and based on what I saw on my 10 years on Tarlach, the interaction level is the same, too.

And I'm not going through the name change bull again. You Alexininans want in on Nao, you have to accept that if your name is on Nao already, you're going to get server tagged.

some of the biggest concerns about merging Alexina seem to be the name change issue, extra lag, and how it will effect the market. I am perfectly fine with getting any server tag and going through the name change process and completely agree players on Nao server should not have to go through anymore name changes again. Nao server having 14 channels total should be more then enough to smooth out the extra lag. quite a few of Alexina players including myself fought for a full server merge and many of us still want one. the only big issue remaining is how it will effect the market.

not wanting a merge simply cause some players in our communities dislike each other is just silly. the entire mabi community is already a small, staying divided only hurts both servers in the end. merging Alexina into Nao means a larger and more active community, nobody has to sacrifice their loved characters and pets, and new players won't have to pick which server to join which will slowly continue to make the divide in our community worst.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    some of the biggest concerns about merging Alexina seem to be the name change issue, extra lag, and how it will effect the market. I am perfectly fine with getting any server tag and going through the name change process and completely agree players on Nao server should not have to go through anymore name changes again. Nao server having 14 channels total should be more then enough to smooth out the extra lag. quite a few of Alexina players including myself fought for a full server merge and many of us still want one. the only big issue remaining is how it will effect the market.

I think most Alexinans would accept a name tag as the price for a merge. But if things come to pass that way, they would be equally within their rights to be pissed-off at Nexon for forcing that situation upon them because they did not include their server in the merge in the first place. Had Alexina been included originally they would have had the same equal chance as the others to preserve their name for them selves.

On the other hand, if Nexon moves away from using character name and server of residence to record number, as the key field, this would allow name duplication. Everyone can have their original name back, or the one they REALLY wanted but couldn't have because it was already taken. Then at that point name collisions being a barrier to a merge is no longer an issue. If they were to fix it after the fact, and let it be known that they will, then all Alexinans would accept an enforced name tag as the price for a merge because they would know that it's temporary.

As for the economy, both servers economies are already generating complaints. If Nexon can solve the problem about the economies then making a combined server won't be an issue. If Nexon cannot solve the economy problem, since the economies are already broken, then it still doesn't matter.

xSho76Arrived
  • alissanalyzeralissanalyzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Nexon enjoys handicapping the game.
  • DanisfoxDanisfox
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Please merge the servers it hasnt sense mantain two servers when everyone wants the servers joined.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Helsa wrote: »
    I wonder why the game was implemented as several "servers" with some number of channels each rather than one server with many channels, and whether the conditions that lead to it are still valid. Someone posted a korean language video (with subtitles) this last spring where some mucky muck at Nexon said that they were looking to create "friendly" rivalry between the servers. But since your avatars can never meet there would be no way to express that rivalry other than inside internet forums. Looking at these forums, it is pretty obvious that didn't work out as planned. Maybe knowing why the game was implemented the way it was might help us to understand why Alexina was not included in the merge.

Because technology limitations. Also the game was much MUCH more populated back when this game came out. The rivalry thing was just promotional to balance server population and encourage server pride and in turn attachment to the game itself. This is a pretty standard business strategy. Very few MMOs have only 1 server and for good reason. You would have to design your game from the ground up around the idea that you would only ever have "1 server" and at the time it was unthinkable to do such a thing. A big part of EVE Online's success was due to them successfully making a one server MMO with a huge player base. There are lots of no so obvious things taken into consideration for something as big as a server merge. Server upkeep and stability being some of the biggest deciders. You can't just smush 2 servers together and call it a day, you have to account for things like system resource usage, power consumption, bandwidth, upgrades, optimization, etc. The biggest factor for Nexon would be upkeep cost and not doing something that would piss off the entire community rather than just 1 dying server (no offense intended Alexina).

That said I don't think we'll see another merge too soon unless there is a much more drastic drop in user activity. Though I do feel sympathy for all the Alexina players.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 23, 2019
    Miliardo wrote: »
    Because technology limitations.
    I was kinda hoping for verified details of what they are or were. It's why I wondered if such conditions are still valid, or indeed ever were.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    Miliardo wrote: »
    Because technology limitations.
    I was kinda hoping for verified details of what they are or were. It's why I wondered if such conditions are still valid, or indeed ever were.

Not technological limitations, but societal limitations.
  • alissanalyzeralissanalyzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited September 24, 2019
    Nexon is basically just playing the waiting game and hoping everyone forgets just like the full name change release. When they can't do something, they just push it away.

cZFCHMk.png

3 months later... Where is the transparency?
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00JEp
  • GretaGreta
    edited September 25, 2019
    Nexon is basically just playing the waiting game and hoping everyone forgets just like the full name change release. When they can't do something, they just push it away.

cZFCHMk.png

So... What this thing did here to get banned instantly just after 2 days of joining...?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Greta wrote: »

cZFCHMk.png

So... What this thing did here to get banned instantly just after 2 days or joining...?

I'm guessing it's because a huge majority of their posts are FUD/attempting to blame nexon for things out of their control/hostile.
  • GretaGreta
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

cZFCHMk.png

So... What this thing did here to get banned instantly just after 2 days or joining...?

I'm guessing it's because a huge majority of their posts are FUD/attempting to blame nexon for things out of their control/hostile.

Lol. The dude had to be warned at least 9 times or so to get banned. I guess maybe Mods figured this might be someone else who's ban dodging because it's impossible to get banned with this little comments.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Lol. The dude had to be warned at least 9 times or so to get banned. I guess maybe Mods figured this might be someone else who's ban dodging because it's impossible to get banned with this little comments.

I suspect a frying pan was involved . . . cough cough.
    Draech