Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

General progression

bubafatboybubafatboy
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
I've decided to no life mabi once again but the last time i played was when shyllien and hilliwen came out so im a bit unsure on what i should be focusing on and how to progress. I also learned about the server merge, and i tend to whale a bit since i do like selling and buying stuff, hows the economy for both server if i may ask?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Chains
    JJJayy124
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    bubafatboy wrote: »
    I've decided to no life mabi once again but the last time i played was when shyllien and hilliwen came out so im a bit unsure on what i should be focusing on and how to progress. I also learned about the server merge, and i tend to whale a bit since i do like selling and buying stuff, hows the economy for both server if i may ask?

There are fears of decline on Alexina after the merge, but still not enough data to prove if there is a true decline.
    Nao's economy is a lot more fluid now, but prices have gone up overall.

If you have characters on both servers, it is best you have a look yourself to see which one is more comfortable for you.
    If you're looking for fluid transactions with big numbers, perhaps Nao is a bit faster than Alexina now, but I'll let those cross servers to decide.

There are plenty of skillsets to help you build and strengthen your character, and if you're starting anew, like Helsa mentioned, chain blade is a good investment, especially if you're already familiar with the basic combat mechanics and you'll have various boosts/incentives with a new character as well.
    pawcalypseWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    There's something called the auction house. Renting houses isn't a thing anymore.
    pawcalypse
    edited September 20, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    There's something called the auction house. Renting houses isn't a thing anymore.

Although people can lease the house on their homestead (which cannot be used to sell stuff).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    First off, tackle the generation quests you need to catch up on. Worry about equipment and skills later.
    Crims wrote: »
    First off, tackle the generation quests you need to catch up on. Worry about equipment and skills later.

Although getting some skills to catch up on generation quests do help.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 21, 2019

There are fears of decline on Alexina after the merge, but still not enough data to prove if there is a true decline.

No proof because you aren't from Alexina, but as Alexinian i can surely tell it became more dead with each month and it's hitting records of decline more and more i'm pretty sure.
    SebastianpawcalypseNegumikoWolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Greta wrote: »

No proof because you aren't from Alexina, but as Alexinian i can surely tell it became more dead with each month and it's hitting records of decline more and more i'm pretty sure.

Now you know how we felt.

But only slightly.

To truly feel the sting, you need to experience it for a good few years.
    Crimsọn
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited September 21, 2019

Another Alexinian; it's pretty dead here. I have not even seen Channel 1 Busy in quite some time, even before school season began.

But only slightly.

Vengeance will leave you cold and lonely.
    pawcalypseGretaWolfsinger
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    everyone saying alexina is dead yet i went to musical place and even my pc lagged being there with how many people were there. it all depends on the channel you are on, its completely dead on ch 5 for incident in most places that i see, but say ch 1 or ch 6 have more people for some reason.

people just really want it to be dead i guess.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    It was busy most of the day today.
  • HelsaHelsa

But only slightly.

I blame Nexon
    Bobbio wrote: »
    everyone saying alexina is dead yet i went to musical place and even my pc lagged being there with how many people were there. it all depends on the channel you are on, its completely dead on ch 5 for incident in most places that i see, but say ch 1 or ch 6 have more people for some reason.

It was busy most of the day today.

It's busier for this event. Since it is a fishing event folks log-in for a while.
    - - - -
    Nexon has placed a firewall to stop traffic information, about the servers, being viewed on the wiki page; ain't that curious.
    SebastianWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 22, 2019
    Bobbio wrote: »

Probably 80% of whole active server playerbase decided to gather up because everyone needs to finish that annoying ass campfire sharing task.
    SebastianKitt15
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 22, 2019
    Sebastian wrote: »

Actually...it hasn't. :smirk:
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870

Not yet.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Not yet.

Ok.

Well, if there are numbers and data reported, they will back up your experiences of decline won't it?
  • alissanalyzeralissanalyzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Should rethink your decision to play this game.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Leave, don't come back. Find something better to play, mabi has had a steady population drop all this year and most of last.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    You two are part of the doomsayers, aren't you? :P

Economy is a bigger mess than it used to be but that's already been covered. Hope you enjoy your return though and good luck to you
    Kitt15