Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Old days

Kimo159Kimo159
Mabinogi Rep: 1,810
in General Chat
I really miss the old days when there were so many ppl in the game and they were not AFK -_- , and the were ppl in all channels not only ch 1 , and ppl were playing , helping each other -until now - , and when u go to do a quest , u saw many ppl there and there were many new ppl and many guilds
But now , it is rare to see someone do a quest , as well as , there are not many ppl , and if so , they may be AFK , no ppl in channels other than ch1 , even Shadow Mission , there r few ppl and they r being afk and it is rare to see new players , guilds became afk guilds :(
WHAT HAPPENED TO PPL? R THEY BORED? DO THEY MISS THE ADVENTURE ? OR THEY FINISHED EVERYTHING AND BEING BORED OF BEING SO PROFISSIONAL ?
Even me , i dont play alot as i dont have some one to play with or talk with :(
I really miss old days :'(
  1. Have same feeling?52 votes
    1. Yes
       63% (33 votes)
    2. No
       37% (19 votes)

Comments

• PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    make new friends...
    Kimo159
  • Kimo159Kimo159
    DCdeus wrote: »
    make new friends...

I did , but for one day :v
    The next dayb, they may be afk or not logging in :'(
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited February 2, 2017
    Tried that many times before I quit.

But youtube and wiki-mentality has made any sort of help ingame devolve into `` just tab-out and google it `` or ``fight it yourself, the rewards suck`` or ``hardmode or GTFO``. The advent of multi-core computers, the utter disappearance of nintendo-difficulty definitely isn't promoting cooperation, and multitasking has ruined face-to-face interaction :/

Too many out-of-game distractions for a social era that this game wasn't designed for. Ingame-chat? Nope `` go get skype ``
    That pretty much sums things up

And the ones that do still do things don't really do anything unless bribed with some sort of pity-compensation.
    Kimo159
  • taninotanino
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    Im still quite content with the amount of people who play the game, but its true it has been on the low side. Hear people talking about wanting a server merge all the time, but god knows there's a thread about that every week pretty much at this stage. Doubt it'l ever happen. Don't think theyd want to invest that much into mabi anymore.
    Kimo159MediaKlepto
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 2, 2017
    What happened to your grammar? I barely understood what you were saying lol.
    Kimo159SherriMediaKleptoHelsa
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Well for one there's an afk event right now so that's probably not helping that much. But I really don't get the afk hate so many people have. People like to be logged in to have a shop up or talk to friends while doing other stuff. And sometimes we're not as afk as we seem. Sure, it's harder to find people than it used to be due to lower population, but it's not that much worse. But I really can't blame people if they don't want to carry someone in a random dungeon just because they came up and asked everyone in the immediate vicinity, which is what I usually see happen when someone gets ignored. That's what the altruism board is for, plenty of people are happy to respond to help requests. And any shadow mission before hardmode really is just a waste of time, outside of quests, hard is easily soloable. If you don't even have a single master talent to get into hard then you should probably be worried about that before running SMs with people, since again they'd just have to carry you otherwise. As for just normally talking with people, I honestly have to agree with Greta. Your grammar is people's first impression of you. You might be coming off as more immature as a result of it.
    Kimo159MediaKleptoShakaya
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited February 2, 2017
    The Old days, when we had to walk from Sidhe Sneachta to Bangor, in the snow, up hill, both way, without any shoes.

I remember and lived those days.
    Kimo159[Deleted User]MediaKleptoShakayaCinnabun
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Unfortunately, it's hard for a game to maintain players for a long time. Many old players have gotten bored. Many new players don't like the old style of play.

AgentJean wrote: »
    The Old days, when we had to walk from Sidhe Sneachta to Bangor, in the snow, up hill, both way, without any shoes.

I remember and lived those days.
    I had shoes, but daaaaanng they were ugly.

GretaIzzyKuroNeko[Deleted User]Shakaya
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Eh, people have always AFKed. Always.

We used to line the outside of Dunbarton's bank with AFKness. We used to just stand in Ciar Dungeon lobby AFKed when that place was popular.
    Proud and noble statues of inactivity.

It doesn't feel much different for me, but my sense of time is different in this game. I've been around far too long already.
    How much you see people around doing whatever really depends on the current events and major updates. MusicQ just died down and we have an AFK event going on.
    ShadoeShakaya
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    DCdeus wrote: »
    make new friends...

I did , but for one day :v
    The next dayb, they may be afk or not logging in :'(
    Join a guild.
  • IzzyKuroNekoIzzyKuroNeko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Gaea wrote: »
    Join a guild.

"guilds became afk guilds :("

Did you not read that part of the rant? XD
    Kimo159
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Join another guild.
    Kimo159[Deleted User]Shakaya
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Remember the good ol days when Claymore was the champion of damage
    Kimo159
  • Kimo159Kimo159
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    Remember the good ol days when Claymore was the champion of damage

LOL , yeah i remeber that , when u hardly collect 30k to buy it from bangor xD
    I was so happy when i bought that

• ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

ZARO REMEMBERS!

Those days...when he kept the elves and fashionogies in check....WE THRIVED!

But in his absence the fashionogi and elves have became strong! PAY TO WIN BECAME A THING FOR FASHIONOGIES!....AND WITH IT....CAME REFORGES!!!

And when he came back....IT WAS TOO LATE! >;O

ALL WAS LOST!
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Maybe it's just time to quit the game.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Raishii wrote: »
    Maybe it's just time to quit the game.

NOT TILL I GET THE LAST LAUGH! O 3O

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I remember when I was a newbie and a guy was hopping up and down after successfully making champion knuckles in dunbarton and everyone was cheering for him.

Now they're dirt cheap and no one wants them anymore. T_T
    Imaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 4, 2017
    You're getting a little obnoxious there bub.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You are going too far Zarozian. That's just too rude.
    Helsa