Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blaze nerfed again or is it just me?

ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
in General Chat
So lately in the past few months I have noticed that my blaze damage has suddenly been cut in half dramatically. From doing 40k+ crits all the way down to hardly scraping 15k crits now and doing a sad 3k base damage as of now. I use a full blaze setup and a large chunk of MA and yet I cant kill a fly with it suddenly. Did blaze get a stealth nerf that i was unaware of or is it something else?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Same enemies or different enemies?
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    same kind just a massive damage drop over the past few months
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ninja nerf!
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    To elite SM enemy I was doing base damage of 9k ish and 20-30k crits a while back and as of today I did a sm and did around 3k ish base and 15k crits.....and I was beside myself seeing that low of damage with all the gear I have on.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited November 1, 2019
    Nope it hasn't.. as far as I can tell atleast.
    Tested it myself.

Hit me up in PM. You might have forgotten some gear etc?
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Nah I got all my gear on and I also upgraded lately so I should be doing even more then I used to
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You didn't upgrade your wand to something else, did you?
    Like even a Divine Tribolt would be bad for Blaze since it's not a combat-type wand and wouldn't get the multiplier bonus.

Or you aren't doing something like Elemental Attunement with Lightning elementals to reduce knockdown gauge stuff.

You said you noticed a damage drop in "the last few months", but how does that work?
    Wouldn't you have noticed the drop immediately, not gradually over time?
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    well I was meaning last month in that area xD and trust me I know about the wand and gear stuff I'v had this build for over a year.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I can't think of any changes to Blaze in that time frame, hmm...

Especially something akin to a 50% nerf!

You weren't having someone Support Shot Blaze's explosion before, were you?
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    I tend to solo blaze. I don't normally play with others, other then my wife that is but she uses a sword. It's just very confusing on why my damage has dropped.
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    and its odd because I run a 20 blaze glove and a 3 blaze ring along side with all MA boosters and enchants plus my savage blue 6 and a holy eagle shield with 5 MA boost. like I'm decked out but I hardly do what I used to.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    I blaze through AAHM. I haven't noticed a difference. In fact, I'd say mine's improved, one shotting cobweb mummies without any buffs.
  • KagaKaga
    Might be something with your knockback -gauge?
    Eitherway, I use the skill often too. Haven't noticed any difference either.
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Strange... I havn't changed up how I use it so it should work as intended.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited November 2, 2019
    Blaze hasn't been.
    Titles?
    Gear?
    Echo stones?
    Pet link?
    Lv?
    Talent?
    Stats?
    I feel like I am forgetting something (woke up not long ago) zzz
  • KagaKaga

Maybe.. just MAYBE.. your wife used fantastic chorus to debuff them? (it affects the mobs' stats, therefore the magic def/prot)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Poor Blaze; nerfed again.
    e172517ad9cfb16a8f92ca1911ff66ba.jpg
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Kaga wrote: »

Maybe.. just MAYBE.. your wife used fantastic chorus to debuff them? (it affects the mobs' stats, therefore the magic def/prot)

Nah she was on the other side of the sm and I was fighting alone. I had no buffs other then my divine link I always use and that dosn't do much of a impact on my damage anyways.
  • KagaKaga
    edited November 5, 2019
    Kaga wrote: »

Nah she was on the other side of the sm and I was fighting alone. I had no buffs other then my divine link I always use and that dosn't do much of a impact on my damage anyways.

I see.
    Well eitherway, I don't believe blaze got nerfed.
    I'm not saying you're lying.. but I don't see any difference.
    The fact that you said that your damage went drastically down tells me that it MIGHT be the knockback-gauge that causes this.. even though you did say it's not that.

Oh also, maybe you used to use Death Mark on the enemy before you blazed 'em?
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    I never used death mark before. Ether way seeing that blaze has become less effective for me lately and no answers as to why, I'm selling off some of my blaze gear to go back to my old gun build that seems to deal far more damage even with most of my set as magic attack enchants and blaze reforges on my gear.