Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New event

Kimo159Kimo159
Mabinogi Rep: 1,810
edited November 27, 2019 in General Chat
When i tried to buy Master Plan Potion , it tells me that i cant buy it anymore, even it is my fist time,, why that?!

And why there is not a rental cetic STAFF for magic?
  1. Does any one have same issue of Master Plan Potion?8 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (8 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You mean Old Event, Nexon recycles 90% of events and that's why they are broken.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    a little sad there is no x10 ap or training in this master plan, so think of this master plan as a watered down version lol
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »
    You mean Old Event, Nexon recycles 90% of events and that's why they are broken.

Nexon NA, on its own, can ONLY recycle events, this is why there is an "Official Past Event Suggestion Thread" but not one for new events. All past events are either in the executable, but turned off, or in the source code, but under conditional compile flags. This allows the non-Korean installs of the game some flexibility in terms of hosting events. Any "New" events have to be written in Korea first and then distributed out.
    Alshian
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 28, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

Nexon NA, on its own, can ONLY recycle events, this is why there is an "Official Past Event Suggestion Thread" but not one for new events. All past events are either in the executable, but turned off, or in the source code, but under conditional compile flags. This allows the non-Korean installs of the game some flexibility in terms of hosting events. Any "New" events have to be written in Korea first and then distributed out.

Ok. But that's not the point.

The point is that recycled events should be tested already 10000 times, but for some reason they come out still broken every damn week and instead of doing a quick fix they went to celebrate Thanksgiving or whatever that is you americans like to celebrate.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited November 28, 2019

The point is that recycled events should be tested already 10000 times, but for some reason they come out still broken every damn week and instead of doing a quick fix they went to celebrate Thanksgiving or whatever that is you "AMERICANs" like to celebrate.

I feel attacked and offended....EH WHAT AM I KIDDING! I have some humor with nerves of steel and of course use my trap card aka the reverse Uno card.

Although I agree I don't like how they did this o 3o
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

The point is that recycled events should be tested already 10000 times, but for some reason they come out still broken every damn week and instead of doing a quick fix they went to celebrate Thanksgiving or whatever that is you americans like to celebrate.

It's specifically because the events are recycled that they're broken Day 1 all the time. They're working correctly, however since it's the exact same event tested multiple times that we had in the past, some values aren't being reset properly. For example, you can only buy 1 Master Plan Potion for this Master Plan, and since this event is the same as this summer's, you already bought the potion for this version of the event.
    PumpkinRioKimo159ChaosShadowWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 29, 2019
    You know the problem with these events when they state they never saw any problems during testing, every single time btw - is that they don't test this with repeat participating characters.

Nexon, just start to make it habit to reset the events before the servers go live. :|

If it involves a recycled event or event shop. Reset it. Problem solved. It almost always causes problems, so this is what needs to be done from now on. Unless you guys are trying to get overtime. In which case because of your location, I don't blame you. lol.
    GretaNegumikoWolfsinger