Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do better.

SecretiveSecretive
Mabinogi Rep: 500
edited November 29, 2019 in General Chat
So today I bought the new doll bag gachas, actually pulled something good the Bhatair & Murielle Doll Bag Box right? Then, the bag disappears. Considering that, I waste my time going to nexon customer support thinking they'll actually fix something. Keep in mind, my mailbox has been broken for I think a year now and 4 tickets later still nothing so I don't know why im even frustrated at this point. This company needs to do better with their responsiveness to their players, why do I have to wait almost indefinitely for a doll bag I PAID YOU FOR and it disappeared because of YOU.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That is awful. I mean it's not like they can't just confirm your purchase history, examine your account game record & history, examine the server logs, and then flip some ones and zeros around.

Sympathies.
    CrimsọnSherriWolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »
    That is awful. I mean it's not like they can't just confirm your purchase history, examine your account game record & history, examine the server logs, and then flip some ones and zeros around.

Sympathies.

And sit in office during holiday...

LOL nah...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

Sympathies.

LOL nah...

I'm sitting in office on this holiday. Unfortunately, I don't work for Nexon.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Oh, they're responding. I submitted a ticket yesterday morning. I've had about five or six different representatives try to work with me with the issue I'm experiencing since then. So, there are definitely people working.

Are they not responding to your tickets at all? Are you providing them with information they can work with (screenshots of proof, purchase history, etc.)?

On the other hand, if your tickets look anything like this disgruntled post here, maybe that is also a factor in not receiving a response.You may not like it, but try being a little courteous.
    KensamaofmariDraechpawcalypseNegumikoLeineiSherriWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »

Sympathies.

LOL nah...

I'm sitting in office on this holiday. Unfortunately, I don't work for Nexon.

Considering your activity level here on Nexon property, which they therefore have a record of during self confessed work hours, I suspect that potential interviews with them in the future may feel somewhat . . . antagonistic.
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Oh, they're responding. I submitted a ticket yesterday morning. I've had about five or six different representatives try to work with me with the issue I'm experiencing since then. So, there are definitely people working.

Are they not responding to your tickets at all? Are you providing them with information they can work with (screenshots of proof, purchase history, etc.)?

On the other hand, if your tickets look anything like this disgruntled post here, maybe that is also a factor in not receiving a response. You may not like it, but try being a little courteous.

Yep, trying to bully tech support only works on some rookie tech support agents and then only briefly in their career. The rest of the time it will only get you the precisely defined minimum required level of service and absolutely nothing more. The old aphorism: "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" is definitely true with tech support.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited November 29, 2019
    HEY CALM THE BLEEP DOWN. More than likely they will rectify this problem, sometimes it takes a little time especially if it's a complex issue. But as of this moment and because of your attitude I really wish they wouldn't. When you refer to your mailbox I can only assume you don't have access to your email - in which case it sounds like you need a new email and you need to update it. That's not their fault. That's yours. But if you get a new email they can update it for you and you can always log into your Nexon account to check your ticket - which I pretty much doubt you were tactful in and that's a big no no around here.

If you don't have a screenshot you need to least show some effort and proof of what happened. Otherwise everything you are stating here could be hearsay and you might just be trying to score some free bags. However if you provided them the time of this issue they can check logs and replace your items. Show them transaction records too, if you have them.

:|
    YoridenKensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    be courteous when explaining the problem and provide all the evidence you can. Nexon employees are still humans just like us. the more patient and understanding you are the more likely they will actually want to help you. it is the same way when ordering a package online and something goes wrong. being polite, providing evidence, and being patient often works out better for both of you. I don't blame Nexon for not wanting to respond to someone with your current attitude. accidents happen that is just part of life, the difference is how you choose to handle them.
    YoridenKensamaofmariWolfsingerKitini
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah if you were being rude and overly accusatory and demanding, they will ditch your service request into oblivion. Meaning they will put it on the bottom of the priority list. What would only take like 1-2 days to address is now going to take you over a week. I have no remorse for you. Be kinder to strangers, that includes those who are in customer service positions.

I am pretty sure someone has already spat in your food at some point. :smirk:
    LeineiYoridenKensamaofmariWolfsingerKitiniSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    I've worked tech support for summer jobs before. Tech support folks have pretty thick skins. They can't break rules or procedures to "retaliate" and they won't. You will at least get the minimum required level of service. If you are a hard case though you will ONLY get the minimum required level of service. If you are nice, and if they can, tech support usually does go the extra mile for you. So, what you do is always start out polite. If the issue becomes frustrating, communicate that to them, but in a civil way. Listen to their explanation. Try to see their side. Be patient. If eventually they are stonewalling, then yelling, demanding to talk to the manager, or the managers manager etc. or threatening to take your business elsewhere won't help. Threatening to sue just gets you the contact number of their legal department and immediate termination of the communication. You HAVE to have a case, a real one, and you HAVE to argue it. If you have no leg to stand on, then you have no leg to stand on. But if you have a valid point then you can get a satisfactory resolution. You do that by being smart not by pounding your chest.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 30, 2019
    Oh yeah TOTALLY don't mention legal action. That's a sure fire way to get you SHUT DOWN. lol. I mean sure if you feel you have to then by all means lawyer up. But don't tell us about it.

I remember working for Bank of America and if you threatened any inkling of legal action I immediately told you to hold and I would transfer you to the escalation unit where they would proceed to close your account and send you a check for your balance. That was my go to get out of this situation card. I almost prayed for it as REVENGENCE for customers screaming and yelling at me with their willful ignorance. I don't want your business and there are more than a 100 customers to replace you. No skin off my back. So you are best off being patient and polite.

You think we're power tripping, but honestly we're just over it before you even begin. XD
    LeineiKensamaofmariWolfsingerKitini
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited December 9, 2019
    Honestly though, I like the staff we have right now.....every time I've had an issue they've been really nice and worked hard with me to solve the problem, and I've had some irritating ones. Several times XD
    The staff have been really nice and I appreciate them very much.
    Otherwise, considering everyone else has already commented about your apparent attitude so I see no reason to, good luck.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Hey, I don't think OP is referring to their email, but rather their in-game mailbox. A couple people have reported this since the merge (some not all that helpful),
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Draech wrote: »
    Hey, I don't think OP is referring to their email, but rather their in-game mailbox. A couple people have reported this since the merge (some not all that helpful),

I think everyone on here knows it's the in game mailbox. Sarcasm was deployed very early on.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

I think everyone on here knows it's the in game mailbox. Sarcasm was deployed very early on.

I dunno, I'm seeing about as much sarcasm here as transparency about why we haven't gotten paid name changes.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited December 7, 2019

I dunno, I'm seeing about as much sarcasm here as transparency about why we haven't gotten paid name changes.

Something tells me they pushed that waaay to the back and are focusing more on the ego update and maaaybe G24?
    Though I wish they would give us some updates on paid name change, I'm waiting for when the time is right to delete an alt who is holding a name for one of my active characters, especially since it can get stolen at any time. :/