Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

My horrible experience after server merge.

ArimilArimil
Mabinogi Rep: 605
edited January 21, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
So after the server merge we were all supposed to be able to change our name from names that contained `+Server` at the end of them. During the time when the server merge I was always unable to change the name of my character it would continously give me a
This character is ineligible for a name change.
error.

I followed this guide https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360033932971-Name-Change-Request-for-server-tag on the mabinogi support page and was never able to change my characters name.

I recently contacted support about having my character stuck with `+Tarlach` after their name and the name change form not allowing me to change it. Support informed me that
We understand you would like to change your character’s name. Unfortunately, customer support will be unable to process any name changes upon request. However, the Character Name Change Coupon is available in the Cash Shop.

That's right I was told to pay to change my character name removing the server tag.

Furthermore after looking into how much the Character Name Change Coupon costs, which I'm sure it's quite a bit. I'm informed that you actually can't even buy them.
Apologies for the confusion this has brought. As you know, Name Change Coupons were just released recently. However, there were issues found upon release. Due to this, the Name Change Coupons has been disabled again. I can only advise that you wait until the name change coupons become available again.

So I've been denied my character name change I was supposed to receive as part of the server merge, and told to pay for it with the new system they have that apparently doesn't work.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 21, 2020
    Wait, you are supposed to get a free name change because your name got a server tag. This is stupid, are they trying to rip people off now?
  • ArimilArimil
    edited January 21, 2020
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00JEp
    Q: Will I be able to change my character name? Can I change my name back to my original name if it was changed?

A: We are working on providing a free name change to characters (human, elf, or giant) whose name was changed during the merge due to a duplicate name. Original character names changed by the merge can be acquired again at the time of a name change. However, depending on the timing of the name change application, there is a possibility that the character name used before can not be acquired again. More information on the Name Change Coupon is provided above, and more information on the sale of the Name Change Coupon will be announced at a later date.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/NA_Server_Merge_(2019)#Names
    Players that incur a name change upon the merge will be provided a free Name Change Coupon.
    Greta
  • SkyahriSkyahri
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    It should say you have 1 free name change available for each character you have with a server tag, in fact I still have 2. Is that not the case for you? https://gyazo.com/d9b0175dde48674c2a38e78f1840b6b7 If you have a free one, I think you should just be able to select the character you want a name change for and change their name. Did you use your free name change on a character without a server tag because you can do that too but then the character with the server tag that it was "suppose" to be for will be stuck with a server tag unless you want to pay for a name change which you can't do right now until they fix the issues with it.
  • ArimilArimil
    0tcHAB6.png
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I thought they had a resolution for the people who weren't able to change their name at the beginning of the free change.
  • ArimilArimil
    The resolution appears to be wait for them to release name change coupons and pay for it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Arimil wrote: »
    The resolution appears to be wait for them to release name change coupons and pay for it.

That is what they're saying now, but I recall that there were other solutions when they had the free one and people had issues with it.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Did you change a different characters name by chance?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Other people have been able to do what you want and without paying. The trick is diligence with support. Don't be negative to them but don't give up. If you are entitled to a free name change then you are entitled to it. If there is an issue with it refusing your free service then they have to explain why. Let them know politely that "Damfino" is not an acceptable answer. And keep at it.

When the compose skill was uncapped from Rank 5. There was an issue for folks that had already gotten 100+% training on the skill for Rank 4 and it would not let them go to rank 4. I figured it out that if I bought a skill reset cap I could go back to 6 then re-advance the skill and everything would be fine after that. I shouldn't have had to pay but I didn't care; I wanted to be the first on Alexina to get Rank 1 in Compose. After I did THEN told folks how to do get past the issue, because YES I'm a donkey aperture. A friend of mine flat out refused on principal and launched a ticket with support, they told him he'd have to buy a skill reset cap, and he told them why he should not have to. He didn't give up and kept at it, not letting it go, after some time they finally relented and gave him a free skill reset cap.
    KensamaofmariArimil