Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Kyururu Defense Minigame

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
edited April 16, 2020 in General Chat
Ya'know, it's basically Lorraine's Nightmare, but solo?
I managed to finish it by stacking spending gold on Strength up to the max (~990) and that gave me enough damage to one shot all the Cellions and enough defense to facetank the Tractors.
After enough rounds, the game does have an end, but it just kinda boots you out of the mission.
Is this because it's day one, or because I'd failed my attempt earlier, or what, because I didn't actually get anything from surviving all the way to the end?
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 16, 2020
    Hmmm... I tried to do it once, but failed since i was kinda confused, but i see my guess was right about stacking up only on Strength stat. Thanks for confirmation. :)

And about the end part... That's weird i'm pretty sure after all waves you were supposed to get your quest done which gives x15 Japari Coins and some EXP.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Greta wrote: »
    Hmmm... I tried to do it once, but failed since i was kinda confused, but i see my guess was right about stacking up only on Strength stat. Thanks for confirmation. :)

Based on what the Beast says at the start of the mission, I'm guessing Kyururu either starts stronger or gains access to different skillsets based on how many times you've completed each Friend's daily quests.
    But really, if the minigame doesn't change, then it's mostly fine to just make Kyururu super buff, and rely on basic attacks and windmill.

Also, as an addendum, if your mission takes place in the Dunbarton variation, it's harder because of the lower draw distance, not letting you see from afar where the Slimes are coming from ahead of time.
    It's nice that the speed walk potions are only 100g from the Lucky Beast's shop, I guess!
  • IyasenuIyasenu

And about the end part... That's weird i'm pretty sure after all waves you were supposed to get your quest done which gives x15 Japari Coins and some EXP.

Oh I think it's BECAUSE I failed my first attempt.
    But by "fail" I mean "cleared at least one wave and technically cleared the daily quest".
    I went through my System log and saw that I got the 10,000 EXP and 15 Japari Coins for clearing the Memory quest.
    When I went in a second time and actually cleared it, it was after I'd already completed the daily event quest.
    I guess you need to clear all 15 waves and have that winning game be the one that clears your event quest.

I'll just have to try again tomorrow and hope I don't mess up before beating the first Tractor, which is when you get enough gold to really pump up your strength.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 16, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Based on what the Beast says at the start of the mission, I'm guessing Kyururu either starts stronger or gains access to different skillsets based on how many times you've completed each Friend's daily quests.
    But really, if the minigame doesn't change, then it's mostly fine to just make Kyururu super buff, and rely on basic attacks and windmill.

Also, as an addendum, if your mission takes place in the Dunbarton variation, it's harder because of the lower draw distance, not letting you see from afar where the Slimes are coming from ahead of time.
    It's nice that the speed walk potions are only 100g from the Lucky Beast's shop, I guess!

One Slime got stuck near one of the field towers on the Dunbarton Map.

And draw distance in the entire mission is crap. For a game from 2003, you'd think Nexon could at least up that a bit.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Oh I think it's BECAUSE I failed my first attempt.
    But by "fail" I mean "cleared at least one wave and technically cleared the daily quest".
    I went through my System log and saw that I got the 10,000 EXP and 15 Japari Coins for clearing the Memory quest.
    When I went in a second time and actually cleared it, it was after I'd already completed the daily event quest.
    I guess you need to clear all 15 waves and have that winning game be the one that clears your event quest.

I'll just have to try again tomorrow and hope I don't mess up before beating the first Tractor, which is when you get enough gold to really pump up your strength.

That'll likely be a sore point.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

And draw distance in the entire mission is crap. For a game from 2003, you'd think Nexon could at least up that a bit.

The first time I did the mission, it took place on an Iria map, and unlike Dunbarton, the enemy draw distance is really far, so I could practically see them spawn in from the Lucky Beast's location.
    The second time, which was in Dunbarton, the draw distance was the first thing I noticed.
    Definitely an oversight.
    I wish every location had the enemy/NPC draw distance that Iria does.
    Sherri
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

The first time I did the mission, it took place on an Iria map, and unlike Dunbarton, the enemy draw distance is really far, so I could practically see them spawn in from the Lucky Beast's location.
    The second time, which was in Dunbarton, the draw distance was the first thing I noticed.
    Definitely an oversight.

How did you spend your gold the first three rounds?

Stupid tractor still kills me.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited April 16, 2020

Definitely an oversight.

I bought 5x HP100SE, +50 HP, and the rest went to Str.
    You'll have to scroll down on the list of choices where it says Basic Stats/Basic Skills to see the option to open up the consumable shop.
    I think it's called Souvenirs on the list of choices.
    KingEphyPlatinaKokiWolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Definitely an oversight.

I bought 5x HP100SE, +50 HP, and the rest went to Str.
    You'll have to scroll down on the list of choices where it says Basic Stats/Basic Skills to see the option to open up the consumable shop.
    I think it's called Souvenirs on the list of choices.

Wow. It worked.

So it all hinges on that first tractor. Thank god I kept using Smash whenever it tried to load Counter.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    edited April 16, 2020
    This event is so incredibly buggy. Half the time it doesnt register if you have no gold so you can just max out your stast within a few waves. Nice event lol
    Kensamaofmari
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    dowie wrote: »
    This event is so incredibly buggy. Half the time it doesnt register if you have no gold so you can just max out your stast within a few waves. Nice event lol

You mean like, how you may have 100g, but can't buy a speed pot?
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    sometimes the game just doesn't want you to go fast
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited April 17, 2020
    Oh as an update, I just instantly obtained the "the Cellien-Buster" title upon logging in this morning, so I guess it registered that I'd beaten all the waves yesterday after all.

Also turns out my assumption was right, you gain special RP skills based on how many times you've helped the Friends with their daily event quests.

A Stun from Caracal
    59991cb7e6.png

A Fixed Damage Attack from Serval
    734316d9b7.png

An Attack Damage Buff from Eurasian Eagle Owl
    67519c8904.png

A Movement Speed Buff from Northern White-Faced Owl
    ebc26e6a31.png

The buffs are instant-casted on yourself, but I was having some issues with the Stun/Damage ones.
    I think you need to have an enemy targeted already for them to hit. Whenever I didn't have an enemy targeted, I just whacked the ground to no effect, despite there being targets in front of Kyururu.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    5 seconds? Hope those get longer, cause 5 seconds isn't enough to do anything.
  • AzzacielAzzaciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Managed with the STR spam too.
    Well, that first tractor was almost a fail, but 500 dmg from Serval's strike got him from ~80% to 0.
    So i guess save it for that to make that easy.
    The 6.8k gold after that wave basically turned this from a desperate defence into E-Z Mode, even if Lucky Beast claims it can't give me that.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited April 17, 2020
    I just started doing it today. Seems really easy with the advice given. TY!

I went MAX STR, then Rank 1 Windmill, then Rank 1 Combat Master with a bit of Crit hit just because. I added some HP at the later rounds just incase, which did save me
    Buy maybe 10 HP/SP potions and a few speed pots.

Makes life so much easier when you can face tank Tractors and wide area Windmill Celliens. Only hurts when Tractors use Smash.
    Doesn't hurt to use Smash on a Tractors then finish it off fast with that one 500 damage skill.

I was able to finish the 15 rounds on my first try, thankfully.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Hmm, actually once you fully clear the RP and get the Cellion-Buster title, is there any reason, besides doing it for fun, to fully clear it after that?
    You only need to clear one wave (making sure to kill at least one Cellion) and then fail to get credit for the daily quest after all.
  • AzzacielAzzaciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Doesn't look like it.
    You get coins from the quest, not from clearing stages.
    1 kill > fail looks like the best thing to do.
    Even then you'll need to afk a bit since the Cellies are so slow.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Actually, little off topic but kinda related, was anyone able to complete Lorraine's Nightmare solo? I'd been wondering about that since the last time we had it, but never got around to asking if anyone's managed it.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 18, 2020
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Actually, little off topic but kinda related, was anyone able to complete Lorraine's Nightmare solo? I'd been wondering about that since the last time we had it, but never got around to asking if anyone's managed it.

You talk about the actual Lorraine's Event or the one from Festia? Either way i think it's impossible. You at least need 3 people to do it. I think so, at least. I know i seen people able to do it with 2 alchemists and a single good mage, but the 2 mages always better than one so we would always at least wait for 4 people back in 2015 Lorraine's Nightmare Event. When this event came back in 2019 it wasn't easy anymore because barely anyone wanted to do it and if anyone wanted they usually were noobs who didn't know how to do it properly. No offense people. Lol.