Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What Do You Do During Server-Maintenance ? [Poll]

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
I thought up of yet another «fun»™ thread ! :)

1. What I/You/We/They Do During Maintenance...?17 votes
    1. Incessantly Refresh the Page Until I See That Maintenance is Back
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Spam Support-Tickets About When the Server Will Be Back Up Until Server Back Up & Maintenance Done !
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Hop Onto the Forums Until I Realise That Maintenance is Complete
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Maintenance is My Sleep-Time... Yeah.. I Just Sleep Throughout Maintenance...! =D
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Now I Can Finally Catch-Up on Animé WithOut Falling Behind on my Dailies/Quests/Generations/etc ! =O
       0% (0 votes)
    6. *glances around suspiciously* I Am Sorry but I am so Disloyal... I... Ahem... Play Other Game/s ! D=
       12% (2 votes)
    7. I TOTALLY «Get Back to Work» So That My Boss Don't Find Out I've Been on Mabinogi All Day /nod /nod☻
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Notice That My Room/House/Apartment/Kitchen/etc., is Totally a Mess, and Decide I Need to Clean! X_X
       0% (0 votes)
    9. Looks Like it's Back to «Doing Home-Work» Time For Me So My Parents Don't Freak Out & Over-React...!
       0% (0 votes)
    10. Check On My Son(s) &/or Daughter(s) to Ensure They HAVEN'T Been Playing Mabinogi ALL DAY LONG*glare*
       0% (0 votes)
    11. I Hop Onto Discord. Yes. Discord. What...? Haven't You Head of Discord!? Do You Live Under A Rock!?
       0% (0 votes)
    12. What Are You Talking About...? There Are No Activities and No Games That Exist Other Than Mabinogi ☺
       18% (3 votes)
    13. [Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored/Censored]
       24% (4 votes)
    14. Try to Catch Up on e-Mails Now That I «Suddenly» Realise Another 1000+ Messages Are in My In-Box >_
       0% (0 votes)
    15. Become Astonished at the Number of Mabinogi Screen-Shots I've Taken & Try to Get Them All Organised!
       0% (0 votes)
    16. That's Okay... I Am Super Hard-Core... I Just Go to Mabinogi KR (or Mabinogi JP [or Mabinogi SG]) or
       0% (0 votes)
    17. OMG! TIME FOR EVERYONE TO PANIC! THE SKY WILL FALL & SUN EXPLODE IF SERVER DOESN'T COME BACK SOON!!!
       0% (0 votes)
    18. Find as Much Stuff as I Can to Buy From the Web-Shop, Buy Them All at Max Limit, Then do it Again...
       0% (0 votes)
    19. I am One of the More «Serious» Types and I go Do Something Which Many Might Deem «Professional» Task
       0% (0 votes)
    20. What... Actually... I Never Thought About This Before... Come to Think of it What DO I Do Anyway? O=
       0% (0 votes)
    21. I Must Have Some Sort of Amnesia... Because, For Some Reason, I Seriously Really Do Not Remember O_O
       0% (0 votes)
    22. Maintenance is My Queue to Take a Really Nice Long HOT Salt-Bath in My Tub For a Good Couple Hours☺☺
       0% (0 votes)
    23. Come Up With Some Sort of Elaborate Plan For What I'd Do When Mabinogi is Back Up Only to Fail at It
       0% (0 votes)
    24. Declare My «Victory» For «Reaching End-Game» For I Held Out Long Enough for Mabinogi to Boot Me Off!
       0% (0 votes)
    25. Other Activity Related to Gaming
       18% (3 votes)
    26. Other Activity Related to Working
       12% (2 votes)
    27. Other Activity Related to Studying
       0% (0 votes)
    28. Other Activity Related to Business/Finances
       0% (0 votes)
    29. Other Activity Related to Computers/Technical-Stuff
       0% (0 votes)
    30. Other Activity Related to Health/Hygiene
       6% (1 vote)
    31. Other Activity Related to Family and/or Friends
       0% (0 votes)
    32. There Are Way Too Many Poll-Options Here...! =O
       6% (1 vote)
    33. You Obviously Don't Have Enough Poll-Options...! O_O
       6% (1 vote)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I always leave 2 or 3 single player games completely unplayed and only play them during the maintenance. sometimes I sleep during maintenance or watch something on a streaming service (I usually use Hulu, Crunchyroll, and Disney+ for most things I want to watch). it is nice to set aside a few different options for maintenance that way I never really get bored. socializing irl would honestly make me more bored in most cases, if I ever walk to the store during maintenance I often wear headphones on purpose since the neighbors in my area are just a little to socially friendly to me. only other mmo I am currently working is Closers so occasionally I work on that when mabi is down for maintenance.
    Калашников
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Well, I guess we know what YOU do. :)
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I've found myself getting back into Minecraft because some friends of my brother who I've been playing with on occasion invited me to their server.
    I've also discovered, in the process of this, that trying to hollow out and make a home out of a previously huge mountain of sand is actually more frustrating and tear-inducing than using said sand to hollow out and make a home out of an ocean monument.

Which, side note, I actually did do once. In survival. It took over 3 months to completely drain out and kill every block of water in one of those things. Course, now there's this thing called a conduit apparently which apparently allows one to breathe underwater? that could have bypassed that whole process, BUT I get some bizarre bragging rights........?

Minecraft, I have discovered, is but another step to insanity. What isn't secretly horror, anyway XDD
    courtneyy
  • HelsaHelsa
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    I've found myself getting back into Minecraft because some friends of my brother who I've been playing with on occasion invited me to their server.
    I've also discovered, in the process of this, that trying to hollow out and make a home out of a previously huge mountain of sand is actually more frustrating and tear-inducing than using said sand to hollow out and make a home out of an ocean monument.

Which, side note, I actually did do once. In survival. It took over 3 months to completely drain out and kill every block of water in one of those things. Course, now there's this thing called a conduit apparently which apparently allows one to breathe underwater? that could have bypassed that whole process, BUT I get some bizarre bragging rights........?

Minecraft, I have discovered, is but another step to insanity. What isn't secretly horror, anyway XDD

DUDE! You can cajole custom settings again!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!
    Wolfsinger
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435

Ohhh man I've been on the minecraft train now for at least a year or two again. Playing it pretty much daily. I have explored so many multiplayer servers and come to realize that there's soooo much to do in minecraft haha. It pulls me away from mabi and I'm finding it alot more enjoyable lately :P
    Wolfsinger
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sit around clicking on the “Launch” button to start the game, then click on the “Login” button till maintenance is over. :/
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited May 22, 2020
    Usually on my way to work or at work when it happens. Only for the scheduled maints.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    When I was a wee lad, I used to spam refresh (especially when it was thing like Iria continent update).

Now I usually forget or am busy during maints anyway. The game is cozy in a postmortem kinda way, if that makes sense.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    courtneyy wrote: »

Ohhh man I've been on the minecraft train now for at least a year or two again. Playing it pretty much daily. I have explored so many multiplayer servers and come to realize that there's soooo much to do in minecraft haha. It pulls me away from mabi and I'm finding it alot more enjoyable lately :P

Lol nice. I ended up kinda moving away from minecraft because it was getting a bit boring solo, and I was having a lot of bad or meh experiences on public servers. Even playing with my one friend there, things around us just kept going a little wrong a bit too often. So it feels a little weird playing again....I haven't been around since before the Villager update, there's a LOT that's different. But its pretty cool
    What's something you have to 'brag' about from this game of insanity? XD
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Hmm.. that's a lot options to choose from, and sadly we're not allowed to choose more than one...

Do homework, tend to matters on other websites, take care of household tasks, draw, or sleep longer.
  • HelsaHelsa
    courtneyy wrote: »

Lol nice. I ended up kinda moving away from minecraft because it was getting a bit boring solo, and I was having a lot of bad or meh experiences on public servers. Even playing with my one friend there, things around us just kept going a little wrong a bit too often. So it feels a little weird playing again....I haven't been around since before the Villager update, there's a LOT that's different. But its pretty cool
    What's something you have to 'brag' about from this game of insanity? XD

When you know how to redstone without looking things up the game is Suh WEEET!
    Wolfsinger
  • LivvieLivvie
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I always leave 2 or 3 single player games completely unplayed and only play them during the maintenance. sometimes I sleep during maintenance or watch something on a streaming service (I usually use Hulu, Crunchyroll, and Disney+ for most things I want to watch). it is nice to set aside a few different options for maintenance that way I never really get bored. socializing irl would honestly make me more bored in most cases, if I ever walk to the store during maintenance I often wear headphones on purpose since the neighbors in my area are just a little to socially friendly to me. only other mmo I am currently working is Closers so occasionally I work on that when mabi is down for maintenance.

just get tudm access bacl
  • LivvieLivvie
    without access arre suck mine start with a resent w]pawd.. no nothing.we are going to get repushed right? extend sheeps dyas ets. so upset umdequqiten thiw iwwmi haw
  • LivvieLivvie
    but in maintiance mode.pleez