Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[EVENT] Dragon Boat Race Returns

CMKyriosCMKyrios
Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
edited June 25, 2020 in Vault
The Dragon Boat Race Event is back! This classic event is here to get you on the oars, racing the clock while fending off any that would slow you down. With a variety of tempting prizes and a challenge that requries the very best in teamwork, get together with your friends and claim your rewards! Check out the details below.

00Ivn-aa9239ee-6b4e-41d7-b0e3-d0732f3f7861.jpg

Dragon Boat Race Event
Event Dates: Thursday, June 4th, After Maintenance - Thursday, June 25th, Before Maintenance

Event Details
  • Head to the northern-most dock in Courcle, just west of the La Terra Highlands.
  • Fill up a party and speak to the Native Dockmaster to request a Raft Craft, creating a Dragon Boat.
  • Man the oars! The more party members on the oars, the faster it will go!
  • Be on your guard: Hobgoblins are on the prowl, and will board your Dragon Boat to attack your party and slow you down.
  • Complete the race in under 8 minutes to claim a Dragon Boat Race Prize!

Dragon Boat Race Prize Items
Each Dragon Boat Race Prize contains one of the following items, awarded randomly:
  • Phoenix Knight Outfit (M)
  • Phoenix Knight Outfit (F)
  • Phoenix Knight Bracelet (M)
  • Phoenix Knight Bracelet (F)
  • Phoenix Knight Shoes (M)
  • Phoenix Knight Shoes (F)
  • Phoenix Knight Headpiece (M)
  • Phoenix Knight Headpiece (F)
  • Phoenix Ear Muffs
  • Erinn Union Scout Bag
  • Erinn Union Scout Outfit (M)
  • Erinn Union Scout Stocking Outfit (M)
  • Erinn Union Scout Outfit (F)
  • Erinn Union Scout Stocking Outfit (F)
  • Erinn Union Scout Hat
  • Erinn Union Scout Wig (M)
  • Erinn Union Scout Hatted Wig (M)
  • Erinn Union Scout Wig (F)
  • Erinn Union Scout Hatted Wig (F)
  • Erinn Union Scout Shoes (M)
  • Erinn Union Scout Shoes (F)
  • Majestic Knight Armor (M)
  • Majestic Knight Armor (F)
  • Majestic Knight Gauntlets (M)
  • Majestic Knight Gauntlets (F)
  • Majestic Knight Boots (M)
  • Majestic Knight Boots (F)
  • Majestic Knight Wig (M)
  • Majestic Knight Wig (F)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    So where's the hype train? Already crashed?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Greta wrote: »

First day was decently active, second's been a little quieter so far.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I was almost never around to catch the dragon boat event when it was brought back, so the last time I actually did this event was maybe like the first or second time it was repeated?
    So, maybe like 2010 or 2011.

I gotta say, being able to use Squads for this and having 16 people all crammed on a boat is funny.
    I mean, you CAN make a squad open up all 32 slots, but it takes a little finagling and sometimes people want to rush the race restart process by dissolving the party and making a new one, and that'd be tedious to make a 32 player squad every time that happened.

32 people on a boat would be a sight to see, though.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I was almost never around to catch the dragon boat event when it was brought back, so the last time I actually did this event was maybe like the first or second time it was repeated?

I gotta say, being able to use Squads for this and having 16 people all crammed on a boat is funny.
    I mean, you CAN make a squad open up all 32 slots, but it takes a little finagling and sometimes people want to rush the race restart process by dissolving the party and making a new one, and that'd be tedious to make a 32 player squad every time that happened.

Seen it, been there. It was quite a ride...
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited June 5, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Seen it, been there. It was quite a ride...

Would love to see that, can just imagine after being on a boat of 16. 32 makes a real ride XDD
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 6, 2020
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Not even a single person next to docks LOL. This event died after just a day rofl. Really bad timing on releasing this event, who controls that honestly? Someone is being bad at their job.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

Not even a single person next to docks LOL. This event died after just a day rofl. Really bad timing on releasing this event, who controls that honestly? Someone is being bad at their job.

I've been finding parties on ch1 every day so far. Though I'm kinda expecting to see people start getting burnt out pretty quickly. I've spent close to 6 hours consecutive for a day and got nothing but shoes, so
    Considering you NEED at least 8 people to row, is gonna make it a LITTLE bit harder to get working parties unless you get some dedicated or bored people XD
  • GretaGreta

I've been finding parties on ch1 every day so far. Though I'm kinda expecting to see people start getting burnt out pretty quickly. I've spent close to 6 hours consecutive for a day and got nothing but shoes, so
    Considering you NEED at least 8 people to row, is gonna make it a LITTLE bit harder to get working parties unless you get some dedicated or bored people XD

Which server? I will be surprised if it's Alexina.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

Is Alexina, where I live primarily and happily.
    I haven't paid attention to Nao in a while, prolly should go back sometime...
    I've been in a party for a couple hours now actually, still running strong XD
  • GretaGreta

I guess it's like that for me because i'm from EU timezone.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

I guess it's like that for me because i'm from EU timezone.

Central here. Possible I guess. I dunno, seems all the good record-making runs happen when I'm sleeping XD
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    At first, prizes weren't that interesting to stop conflict spam.

But now that I think about it, Majestic Knight Wig (M) & (F) and Scout shoes are really good for selling if you prefer this event.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    At first, prizes weren't that interesting to stop conflict spam.

But now that I think about it, Majestic Knight Wig (M) & (F) and Scout shoes are really good for selling if you prefer this event.

I got my Phoenix set which was what I was after, still doing it for fun!
    Калашников