Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PSO2 Launching On May 27th

Comments

• KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Julie wrote: »
    sometimes, i dream about cheese...

imma knock yo hambuga off yo hand
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    well the download for this game is huge, first it is a 11gb download from the Microsoft store then when you open the launcher it is about 90gb download. took almost two solid days to download it on my slow internet. the game has been fun so far and I barely lag at all. still to early to tell if I want to play the game long term and even though this game feels great there is no way it can take mabi's place.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Negumiko wrote: »
    well the download for this game is huge, first it is a 11gb download from the Microsoft store then when you open the launcher it is about 90gb download. took almost two solid days to download it on my slow internet. the game has been fun so far and I barely lag at all. still to early to tell if I want to play the game long term and even though this game feels great there is no way it can take mabi's place.

I think this will be a game to be played better on console and not computer
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited June 5, 2020
    Downside in PSO2, is that Mabinogi is superior due to having a RBG color hex system.
    Also, PSO2 requires a sub for the most out of housing.
    Mabinogi now has the homestead housing for pretty much free.
    PSO2 is so late in showing up to the party, that Mabinogi could literally be wearing a smug grin by now.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Downside in PSO2, is that Mabinogi is superior due to having a RBG color hex system.
    PSO2 is so late in showing up to the party, that Mabinogi could literally be wearing a smug grin by now.

PSO2 will die out in a month or two. It's like that every time, MMO comes out and dies within month or slightly longer if they lucky.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Greta wrote: »

PSO2 will die out in a month or two. It's like that every time, MMO comes out and dies within month or slightly longer if they lucky.

I already quit and uninstalled PSO2. downloaded that huge game that took around 100gb then 3 days later it wanted to download a 42gb patch. the game itself is okay but that is just ridiculous, I don't need a 150gb mmo game taking space on my hard drive plus making my internet as slow as a snail while it is downloading. hopefully they can fix some of those problems but I have 3 other mmos to work on that are a lot smaller and easier to download. as for the game itself combat and story are it's only major strong points, compared to mabinogi there is far less to do in PSO2 even if you do pay for sub. PSO2 does seem to have a large amount of players that have been waiting for and are eager to play it. if they can iron out the issues it could last a few months to a year or so but it will likely die once the hype for it ends.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited June 7, 2020
    Negumiko wrote: »

I already quit and uninstalled PSO2. downloaded that huge game that took around 100gb then 3 days later it wanted to download a 42gb patch. the game itself is okay but that is just ridiculous, I don't need a 150gb mmo game taking space on my hard drive plus making my internet as slow as a snail while it is downloading. hopefully they can fix some of those problems but I have 3 other mmos to work on that are a lot smaller and easier to download. as for the game itself combat and story are it's only major strong points, compared to mabinogi there is far less to do in PSO2 even if you do pay for sub. PSO2 does seem to have a large amount of players that have been waiting for and are eager to play it. if they can iron out the issues it could last a few months to a year or so but it will likely die once the hype for it ends.

Yeah, I may have warned in multiple PSO2 threads that I've seen games run like it die within two years.
    (Wildstar, Cosmic League, Microvolts...)
    But SEGA won't care, they got another place to milk Sonic and Miku whenever they want.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 8, 2020

Yeah, I may have warned in multiple PSO2 threads that I've seen games run like it die within two years.
    (Wildstar, Cosmic League, Microvolts...)
    But SEGA won't care, they got another place to milk Sonic and Miku whenever they want.

Microvolts did not die that fast. I think it needed like 4 years to actually die and it mainly died because it received crappy updates (Surge update) and then for over a year or so the game didn't receive ANY updates anymore (literally had Christmas update all that time lmao with all the snow and gift decorations, Christmas BGM too) and eventually died on 2017. That same year Masangsoft bought the game and they are "preparing" it for the release. For 3 years now. I think they gave up on it. It was a nice game, too bad i sucked at it.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030

PSO2 has been running for 8 years in Japan, people from the US has also been playing in it for those years. The PC launch couldnt have gone worse in NA, but players want to play this game so bad that the guys that built the tweaker to english patch PSO2 in JP have fixed some issues with their launcher before the coming update that was meant to fix it. I dont see this game dying anytime soon and not much hype was built on it besides mostly the player fanbase upon its NA release. PSO2's combat right now is some of the best there is in MMOs, Theres also quite a lot of fanservicy customization. People have been waiting for an NA release of this game for years, myself included, i have already given up years ago on it, but my interests were re-ignited when it finally happened, now im playing this game endlessly to the point that others tell me that I need get off and do other things. And even after maxing out multiple classes in the game i still play it so much.

TL;DR this game is probably the best thing that has happened in 2020.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Julie wrote: »
    TL;DR this game is probably the best thing that has happened in 2020.

Currently, that's not a very difficult thing to be right now XD