Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Adventurer Guide

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 21, 2020
    I am starting to love this update. Once you get all the pet furniture and you start cycling pets in and out of expeditions, it really makes your homestead so...special and PRODUCTIVE. It makes ALL your pets useful! I especially enjoy seeing pets I usually don't see resting in their rest areas. The nostalgia is real.

This is what I got going so far.

zyUXpfy.jpg
    Zgye61E.png
    jsKC1Ns.png
    PBmRqJv.png

My homestead is really sparse atm, it's going to remain that way until all the pet furniture is fully upgraded. I was hoping to participate in the homestead contest but I rather not put everything up and then have to go through a messy rearrangement when everything is finally upgraded. So for the time being I only have my buff props and other essential tools out there.
    Heavy under construction mode...

sysjw0h.png

I reeeeeeally regret deleting all those "junk" pets from previous events. I actually had to buy a cat lol. I was hoping we would get a pet sale with this update. I do NOT like the material grind, it's really awful for some of the mats like soft fur pelts. (Could we please get a double drop rate event)? The other mats are not too bad because I can just use Phantasmal Sight with a Partner for double drops and huge luckies (HIGHLY recommended guys, rank that tech up).

Other than that, I am actually enjoying this update. GASP. :smiley:
    WolfsingerCMKyriosLaticijaHelsa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 21, 2020
    I'm really annoyed how grindy this update got... We already have so much grind in every dam update... The worst part has to be getting Large Mythril Nail, Wood Boards and Soft Fur Pelts... The ducat farming is cherry on top. Thanks i guess...? Still stuck with Level 1 Cloud Cushion and Medium Pet Pasture. You need to farm 800 Myhril Ores for Level 1 Cat Tower or Level 1 Horse Stable... This is just ridiculous. I really don't wanna count how much Mytril Ores i will need in order to get them to Level 4.

I think i'm gonna pass on this Homestead Contest because it's really grindy to get some decent levels for these pet resting spots and i will have nothing to show there anyway.
    FOXAssassinKalulah
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed how grindy this update got... We already have so much grind in every dam update... The worst part has to be getting Large Mythril Nail, Wood Boards and Soft Fur Pelts... The ducat farming is cherry on top. Thanks i guess...? Still stuck with Level 1 Cloud Cushion and Medium Pet Pasture. You need to farm 800 Myhril Ores for Level 1 Cat Tower or Level 1 Horse Stable... This is just ridiculous. I really don't wanna count how much Mytril Ores i will need in order to get them to Level 4.

I think i'm gonna pass on this Homestead Contest because it's really grindy to get some decent levels for these pet resting spots and i will have nothing to show there anyway.

you dont mine the ore you dupe the ingots with synth

the pelts and boards are the worst parts for me. both are rng drops from mobs x-x
    phantasmal sight makes the other ones easy to get/ still a grind but no were close to boards and pelts
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 21, 2020
    3rdy wrote: »

you dont mine the ore you dupe the ingots with synth

the pelts and boards are the worst parts for me. both are rng drops from mobs x-x
    phantasmal sight makes the other ones easy to get/ still a grind but no were close to boards and pelts

Yeah save ALL your arat crystals from shadow missions in order to do this. A lot of players just leave them behind...at least they used to. Some players are kicking themselves in the ass now. lol.

Also just post something because that contest thread is reeeeeally neglected lol. It's kinda sad. They mainly just want you to focus on the new pet updates, so just submit screenshots from different angles of what you do have. Because honestly for a lot of players getting everything and also having that furniture fully upgraded is going to take longer than the deadline for the contest. I can guarantee that this is going to keep us occupied for a while.

Perhaps Kyrios could extend the contest by a month or something.
    Helsa
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765

VIP is actually really helpful for Large Mythril Nails cause you can get unrestricted dungeon passes every Friday that last 24 hours. I have 9 characters on my account so I can collect 9 passes and farm Barri Advanced. only the first 2 floors of Barri advanced has Mythril Ore, running the 3rd floor is just a waste of time. running through 2 floors of Barri Advanced solo takes me around 35 to 40 minutes per run. crafted 3 Large Mythril Nails this week. Wood Boards drop from some enemies in castle dungeons, and finest fire wood is sold in the adventure seal shop on Mondays. the hardest part about getting those Soft Fur Pelts is lots of players are hunting those Wing-eared Rabbits right now.

even though the work is tough I feel like I have to craft the Cat Tower. my cat senses won't let me pass on a cat related item.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 21, 2020
    Well i can't afford having VIP and i don't understand the concept of synthesis duping. Thanks for suggestion though. I'm just having my "fun" time exploring Iria caves for Mythril Ore deposits and somehow i managed to get like 7 Large Mythril Nails in 2 days or so... Really having second thoughts of dropping this update.
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Well i can't afford having VIP and i don't understand the concept of synthesis duping. Thanks for suggestion though. I'm just having my "fun" time exploring Iria caves for Mythril Ore deposits and somehow i managed to get like 7 Large Mythril Nails in 2 days or so... Really having second thoughts of dropping this update.

Annotation_2020-06-21_105953.png

This is synth duping, put in one ingot, 1 hw, and 1 arat and the output is 10 ingots. You do need to have synthesis rank 5 or something like that for it to be an option for mythril, but you can dupe lesser ingots and chain them up with metal conversion if you don't have that.
    Crimsọn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765

Thanks for mentioning the Iria caves, I didn't even think about checking out Iria for the ore. According to the wiki Snow Imps in the Par Ruins can also drop Mythril Ore and we can obtain Mythril Ore Fragments through Metallurgy. Warp Imps are the best way to return to the Connous Underground Maze cave that also has Mythril Ore. Plus even though running Barri Advanced is convenient it is a little annoying to farm 9 times in 1 day XD

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Mythril_Ore

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Mythril_Ore_Fragment
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 21, 2020
    Tiro wrote: »

This is synth duping, put in one ingot, 1 hw, and 1 arat and the output is 10 ingots. You do need to have synthesis rank 5 or something like that for it to be an option for mythril, but you can dupe lesser ingots and chain them up with metal conversion if you don't have that.

Oh wow duping looks very expensive and inefficient then. Holy Water and rank 5 Synthesis? And i'm pretty sure failures are possible too. Nah, i guess i'll pass on that. Synthesis training is something what i really can't do lol.
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Thanks for mentioning the Iria caves, I didn't even think about checking out Iria for the ore. According to the wiki Snow Imps in the Par Ruins can also drop Mythril Ore and we can obtain Mythril Ore Fragments through Metallurgy. Warp Imps are the best way to return to the Connous Underground Maze cave that also has Mythril Ore. Plus even though running Barri Advanced is convenient it is a little annoying to farm 9 times in 1 day XD

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Mythril_Ore

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Mythril_Ore_Fragment

Yeah i checked these out 2 days ago when i was looking for a good way to get ores. I ran Par Dungeon 9 times and apparently Snow Imp himself is an RNG spawn. So yeah, wasted like 40 or so minutes to get 4 Mythril Ingots, which in fact this was a drop from a single Snow Imp which i think is neat, but when we take a fact that Snow Imp is not a guaranteed spawn so lots of time gets wasted. I think it would be best running Par Snowflake thingy dungeon.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    edited June 21, 2020
    You do need to have synthesis rank 5 or something like that for it to be an option for mythril, but you can dupe lesser ingots and chain them up with metal conversion if you don't have that.

its rank 6 not 5. thank god to
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Metal conversion is trash.
    Helsa
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    With this pet update I'm hoping there is a past pets sale or something because I want to be able to buy the crow pet.
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    How many pet missions are you supposed to be able to do per day? It seems like if you assign pets to every mission (clear out the board, basically), there will be 4 new missions the next time to log in, regardless of how long it's been. Is this intended behavior?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    Sorath wrote: »
    How many pet missions are you supposed to be able to do per day? It seems like if you assign pets to every mission (clear out the board, basically), there will be 4 new missions the next time to log in, regardless of how long it's been. Is this intended behavior?

This is a known issue! It's not intended that the mission board resets at any point other than 7:00 AM PDT each day. That being said we're also aware of player feedback on how difficult it is to get special expeditions (and ultimately Pet Essential Oil) and will talk with our team about this.
    CrimsọnIyasenuWolfsingerNegumiko
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 22, 2020
    I managed to get one special expedition so far. Had 67% success rate on lucky rewards, but i still failed that lol. Rip. Maybe gonna get another one in 4 days or so.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    CMKyrios wrote: »

This is a known issue! It's not intended that the mission board resets at any point other than 7:00 AM PDT each day. That being said we're also aware of player feedback on how difficult it is to get special expeditions (and ultimately Pet Essential Oil) and will talk with our team about this.

I wish there were more of those Ventures.
    Like there are a lot of special expeditions on the list, but only a few of those have venture ticket counterparts.

For example, there aren't any Venture Contracts for Coill Abyss or Peaca Abyss.
    And the commerce-themed ones or the metallurgy-themed ones would be neat too, and could possibly be added in as a reward to certain Part-time Jobs.
    Or maybe dropped from the chest after completing a bandit hunt.

And strangely, there are no expeditions at all themed around Sidhe Finnachaid, normal, special, or otherwise..
    I'm sure Enn would like to meet everyone's pets, or for our pets to try facing the Song of Grief.

Overall, the special expeditions are indeed too uncommon, and the Ventures, the things that would offset the random aspect with at least one daily definite mission, seem poorly balanced, in that all of them only come from higher-end content like Adv HM & Veteran Dungeons and Tech Duinn, leaving those who can't regularly complete those with no alternatives but to hope they get lucky and roll a special expedition once a day.
    CMKyriosWolfsingerFOXAssassinKalulah
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

The market on that item is nuts, if the grindy materials are bad enough - that item feels like it is impossible to get.
    IyasenuWolfsingerFOXAssassinKalulahHelsa
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited June 22, 2020

Honestly, at the intended limit of 4 missions per day without any changes made to the system, this would pretty much be worthless content outside of the occasional venture ticket you get as a dungeon/mission reward, and the meager stats from high level pet houses the min-max players want. The average reward for non-special missions is not worth investing in this extremely grindy system, in my opinion at least. I would see something like 10 missions per day being the minimum for it to be worthwhile, with 20 being good. I hope the team agrees to a meaningful way to improve this.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 22, 2020
    Had better results than this, but here is what you can do while netflixing and chilling!

That's a special spot right there. :)
    6 activation zones on that one little flower spot I'm standing on.
    Helsa
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Crims wrote: »
    Had better results than this, but here is what you can do while netflixing and chilling!

That's a special spot right there. :)
    6 activation zones on that one little flower spot I'm standing on.

There's also a nice spot near Calida Lake's Mana tunnel where Phantasmal Sight can hit a bunch of separate flower gathering nodes.
    Wheat-gathering seems kind of limited, since it only grows in Tir Chonaill, but it also grows in Another World Tir Chonaill. Of course a homestead can grow wheat as well, and you can cluster that if you like, but since it doesn't regrow over time and only at the midnight refresh it's not amazing.
    And for Fine Wool, well if you have a Wolf pet, you can herd sheep in places like Emain so they all get stuck on another side of a fence so they clump closer together and move around a lot less.