Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Making more use of the style tab: Animation Cards.

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
edited February 7, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
IGN: Nilrem
Server: Tarlach

I didn't see this idea on the forum, so I guess I'll throw it out there.

This is actually an idea I've had for a while. Expanded use of the style tab.
What I mean is simple: The devs have shown more spaces can be added to the style tab, with the introduction of tails.
This is nice, but there is still the potential to have more in the tab.

The idea: Animation cards, and 3 spaces to use them. A Idle slot, Movement slot, and Resting slot.
All 3 positioned on the left side of the style tab, with squares as big as the tail slot.
In a basic sense, you equip a card, and bare hand idles, walking, running, and resting animations can be swapped.
Maybe even making certain cards compatible with certain weapon types.

This would give players a new way to customize their characters, with a way other than outfits.
It would also not be hard to make an initial set of cards.
We already have a lot of resting animations around, as shown with the partner's sit and play action.
On top of that, many outfit idles could easily work on other outfits. A lot of material already exists.
This means the only initial work would be movement animations.

An example of a card would be: "Scathatch Witch Idle Card"
When equipped, gives the player the idle of the Scathatch Witch dress, regardless of outfit.

Could even make a gacha out of it, like with beauty coupons.
But that is just an idea that I've had.
AlalaroseLynetteDarkpixie99ClefNasumiRaynehyaciinthFloristBerryswirlPearpadLORD_ENDYMIONand 21 others.

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 7, 2017
    Can I make a quick suggestion real quick on the marketing side? Elsword has very similar items which switch the poses. I believe these are actually very cheap (I think it was $5 or so) and would make a very good addition as a permanent addition to the Mabinogi Cash Shop. Of course, various holiday and limited edition versions can be added as a rotational sale. It would be a terrible mistake to actually replicate the Beauty Coupon method by adding them into Gachapons, as many players already expressed their distaste for the RNG gambling aspect of gachapons. It would also be VERY bad if Nexon were to add duration versions and sell permanent ones in boxes for a much larger price. There's a reason why Mabinogi is struggling, and it's because the NA team can't tailor to the modern market. Failing to sell this new feature for affordable prices would only make players less inclined to buy more outfits, as it opens up having an idle pose on an item that normally wouldn't have it, rather than making it difficult for the player to find an outfit they like that matches the pose they want. I honestly don't give a single penny about Nexon KR's way of handling the NA market, because it shows that they can't handle it or even properly communicate with the NA community. Animation Cards and Animation Slots are a great way to improve Mabinogi, but they have to be handled properly to actually make a profit. The next permanent item that sells for $400 is Mabinogi waiting for the executioner, that's my advice here.
    NilremMilkypockyNekoLily
  • NilremNilrem
    Can I make a quick suggestion real quick on the marketing side? Elsword has very similar items which switch the poses. I believe these are actually very cheap (I think it was $5 or so) and would make a very good addition as a permanent addition to the Mabinogi Cash Shop. Of course, various holiday and limited edition versions can be added as a rotational sale. It would be a terrible mistake to actually replicate the Beauty Coupon method by adding them into Gachapons, as many players already expressed their distaste for the RNG gambling aspect of gachapons. It would also be VERY bad if Nexon were to add duration versions and sell permanent ones in boxes for a much larger price. There's a reason why Mabinogi is struggling, and it's because the NA team can't tailor to the modern market. Failing to sell this new feature for affordable prices would only make players less inclined to buy more outfits, as it opens up having an idle pose on an item that normally wouldn't have it, rather than making it difficult for the player to find an outfit they like that matches the pose they want. I honestly don't give a single penny about Nexon KR's way of handling the NA market, because it shows that they can't handle it or even properly communicate with the NA community. Animation Cards and Animation Slots are a great way to improve Mabinogi, but they have to be handled properly to actually make a profit. The next permanent item that sells for $400 is Mabinogi waiting for the executioner, that's my advice here.

Hence why this is just an idea.

The way the marketing is handled, in the end, is always up to Nexon.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    @Nilrem Yeah. but both suggestions are worth Nexon taking a look at if Animation Cards ever reaches peak popularity or gets greenlit. Which should be possible to complete, seeing how Nexon KR likes to brag about Mabinogi being a Sandbox making lots of things possible to do.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Oh my god I LOVE this idea.

Support!~
  • PearpadPearpad
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    I like this idea. suuporting -
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Good idea but then they will have to work on animation thing on every clothing we have in game.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    make pierrick's skip one of the walking ones T v T
    (either that or release an outfit that changes the walk animation)
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I've been wanting this for a while now. I'm not sure about having three different slots, but I do support having idle animations.
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Good idea but then they will have to work on animation thing on every clothing we have in game.

There wouldn't be any work involved because of the outfit. You can already do any animation with any outfit of the same sex by using the dressing room. If you click an outfit with an animation in there and then click it again (to take it off) you'll perform the animation for that outfit with whatever outfit you are currently wearing. This would be the same thing.
    lilblkrose
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Different weapon types makes your character take on a pose.
    Some objects have their own unique battle animations.

And recently the opera glasses which provided it's own idle for your character.

It would be interesting and nice to see more weaponry give unique or already created idle posses for your character.
    The weaponry can be books that can be invisible when equipped just like the developer's note book that would give you an idle pose of a specific outfit or a completely unique pose.
    The weaponry can be items that are just like the opera glasses that has it's own idle that interacts with the object.

I also wanna know the opinions of the people who've read this through a poll.

• NilremNilrem
    I already explored this idea a while back, although in a different style that would give the style tab more value.
    Here is the topic link in case you want to view it.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1907/making-more-use-of-the-style-tab-animation-cards

There is always time for new idles, after all.
    YellowBin
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Ohh I just saw it, and it's awesome. It would really add to the customizability of the game!
  • MyutoMyuto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,335
    I'm totally up to supporting this! ^^
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Ah, perhaps resting can let use "equip" chairs in said rest slot. I would like that.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Sounds like a good idea, although including it in Gacha would kill it for many.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    great idea! also they could make style tab accessory slots for these items as well if they don't wanna put them on the left :)
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    theres so many great outfits that have no idle animations

would be awesome if could pay the cash shop for an idle appearance scroll that could be applied to an outfit to change its idle animation or even add one to one that never had one

like think about it, Astrologer Outfit's Idle on the new Red Eye Strap Suit!

• NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 7, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    The idea: Animation cards, and 3 spaces to use them. A Idle slot, Movement slot, and Resting slot.

I would seriously pay good money for the ability to customize the Resting animation. Since certain ones honestly don't work so well with certain outfits. While some others (ESPECIALLY the ones for male characters) just look downright stupid.

• JohanaJohana
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    i aprove this idea i like it
  • MilkypockyMilkypocky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    i loooove this idea <3
    i would happily throw money i don't have at the screen to make my character walk + run like a commerce partner...lol
  • ChattiChatti
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    +1