Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Warm Energy????

hokiduonuhokiduonu
Mabinogi Rep: 800
in General Chat
Hi... Can anyone update me on where to get "Warm Energy" to give to the Pet Incubator? I am at a standstill trying to find information on this...... Please help :-) :-)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited July 30, 2020
    You get it from the reward chest of a Shadow Mission.
    You can only get it once per real day.
  • hokiduonuhokiduonu
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    tytytytytytytytyty alot[img][/img]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I was thinking of something else because that's the kind of person I am.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Don't forget to go to the npc Kenny the next day for a new incubator and keep collecting those.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 2, 2020
    It has to be today then if you did it every day after maintenance.
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    edited August 2, 2020
    I'm actually fairly upset by this event. The wording of it kind of screwed me and a friend over.

"Clear any Shadow Mission to receive 1 Warm Energy per day. You can do this a maximum of once per day.
    Use four (4) Warm Energy (one per day) to receive Kenny's Reward Box.
    After collecting four Warm Energy and receiving Kenny's Reward Box, "

We both thought that you could only do one incubator per day and you use all four energy at once, not use the energy once per day. So now we're three days behind... Why is there an arbitrary limit on the warm energy when you can only get one each day? It doesn't help we were mis-lead by being unable to put the energy in it the first day because we were in a shadow mission and gave the "You cannot do this" popup.
    KalulahMairu
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 2, 2020
    I think it was pretty clear wording there.

* Clear any Shadow Mission to receive 1 Warm Energy per day. You can do this a maximum of once per day.

I don't understand the reason for second sentence, the first sentence pretty much explains it all.

* Use 4 Warm Energies (one per day).

Ok, so it means 4 days.

It even informs us that after giving Pet Incubator to Kenny, we can take another one to do this all over again.
    EVERYTHING IS SO CLEAR. You either have to be a preschooler or english is not your native language to make such a simple mistake for failing to read this.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Doesn't help that they made these warm energies stackable, leading people to believe they could use more than 1 per day.
    FOXAssassinWolfsingerKalulah
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Greta wrote: »
    I think it was pretty clear wording there.

* Clear any Shadow Mission to receive 1 Warm Energy per day. You can do this a maximum of once per day.

I don't understand the reason for second sentence, the first sentence pretty much explains it all.

* Use 4 Warm Energies (one per day).

Ok, so it means 4 days.

It even informs us that after giving Pet Incubator to Kenny, we can take another one to do this all over again.
    EVERYTHING IS SO CLEAR. You either have to be a preschooler or english is not your native language to make such a simple mistake for failing to read this.

You can stop being that pretentious. The information we've been getting in both in-game and from the event pages has been getting more roundabout and confusing for a long time. Your first line even proves that

"I don't understand the reason for second sentence, the first sentence pretty much explains it all."
    -
    "Use 4 warm energies (one per day)" In a game where multiple events including ones on-going and past events require you to STACK said event items to use them. Was there an arbitrary limit on the number of Lucky shop spins we could USE in one day? No. Was there a limit on the number of boxes stack/open in the same day besides the limit from how many tickets we could get? No.

And this is all just from the P.E.T event. The same event giving wildly varying means for both participating and means of obtaining rewards, let alone using them. Ontop of multiple different events running at the same time with their OWN methood. And lets not forget about things that are broken or just don't work. The fynni coin requirement for having pets out for 30/60 minutes is broken, among other things.

And disregarding all of that, -why- is there a second limit on the number of energies you can -use- in a day if you can only -get- one per day?

GypsySpirit
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    NA tries. :smirk:
    FOXAssassin
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I'm actually fairly upset by this event. The wording of it kind of screwed me and a friend over.

"Clear any Shadow Mission to receive 1 Warm Energy per day. You can do this a maximum of once per day.

We both thought that you could only do one incubator per day and you use all four energy at once, not use the energy once per day. So now we're three days behind... Why is there an arbitrary limit on the warm energy when you can only get one each day? It doesn't help we were mis-lead by being unable to put the energy in it the first day because we were in a shadow mission and gave the "You cannot do this" popup.

You can miss 3 days and still get all the reward pets. You use 4 warm energies (on 4 different days) to trade in for a pet 3 times (so 3 pets over 12 days). We have exactly 12 days left (if you're counting today) so as long as you don't miss any more days you'll get all your rewards!
    FOXAssassinWolfsingerKalulahSherriCrimsọn
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Shakaya wrote: »

You can miss 3 days and still get all the reward pets. You use 4 warm energies (on 4 different days) to trade in for a pet 3 times (so 3 pets over 12 days). We have exactly 12 days left (if you're counting today) so as long as you don't miss any more days you'll get all your rewards!

And while I am grateful for that. It shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. These events are just having more and more un-needed limits and restrictions piled onto them, as I said in my last post; I am just baffled there is a redundant limit on using the energy.

The only people it hurts are people that for some reason forgot to use the energy (I.E being overwhelmed with the sheer number of tasks to do each day), or for people that were mislead by the text and ingame prompts.
    Kalulah
  • GretaGreta
    And while I am grateful for that. It shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. These events are just having more and more un-needed limits and restrictions piled onto them, as I said in my last post; I am just baffled there is a redundant limit on using the energy.

Oh geez i wonder why!

*looks at Kenny being surrounded by obvious alt characters*
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited August 3, 2020
    Another thing to note, which I learned the hard way: The Warm Energy only drops *once* per day. So if you fail to open the chest in the first shadow mission you do, you won't get another chance next SM. If you open the chest but fail to pick it up, ditto. If you disconnect after beating the SM, ditto ditto.

Honestly they should've just copy-pasted the code they use for the VIP SM crystals (expiring at 12 AM PST) and let the warm energy drop more than once, and mixed in something like a "You can't pick up another Warm Energy today" message when you've already used the one you had for the day, or something to avoid weird accidents like the above. I d/c'd when I blew up the SM boss fight and crashed Mabi on Saturday morning, and I lucked out Sunday when I d/c'd before even getting to the boss. If the game's stability stabs me in the back two more times after the chests spawn, I won't get all 3 pets from this event... :/
    SherriFOXAssassinWolfsingerCrimsọnCMKyrios