Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G25 HyperNova!

Comments

• GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Players will be able to draw their own magic circles, its another new talent, its on youtube.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Devcat Necromancer talent please.
    SebastianWolfsingerSherriKensamaofmari
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Players will be able to draw their own magic circles, its another new talent, its on youtube.

Having trouble finding videos showing the new talent. Can you give a link or explain it? pretty curious about it myself.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Meridis wrote: »

Having trouble finding videos showing the new talent. Can you give a link or explain it? pretty curious about it myself.

You mean some more info than the video Pip-Boy showed near the bottom of page 1 of this thread?
    That video showed off the skills in the talent, at least.
    This one:

Other than that, there's not much to see yet.

Five skills in the new Life Talent, Magigraphy.
    Tool Craft- You use this to make stuff like ink, parchment, quills for actually drawing magigraphs.
    The materials are things like paint, herbs, leathers, and such.

Magigraphy Knowledge- A passive skill, like a mastery. Affects things like magigraph quality and how long the effects last.
    This seems to be increased through quests/skillbooks/learning from others, like Musical Knowledge or other similar skills

Magigraph Design- You use an interface to design your magigraph circle, using things like lines, shapes like stars, hearts, squares, to actually draw how you want your magigraph to look. Higher rank means more allowed shapes, from 10 at rF to 50 at r1.

Magigraph Imagery- Adds an effect to your designed magigraph item, randomly. Magigraph effect can either be positive, to provide boosts to you or allies, or negative to provide debuffs to enemies. Things like affecting skills, in a manner similar to reforge effects, can appear as well. Ranging from level 1 to 10, generally. And the effects can stack with reforges, though not all of them can.

Magigraph Activation- Actually using your designed magigraphs. Click the "Manage" button next to the skill, like Dance of Death has, lets you apply up to 3 of your designed magigraphs to make your activated magigraph have 3 effects.

There isn't much to actually show other than that. Design a magic circle, hope you get the effects you want, and use them.
    eikoden
  • eikodeneikoden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    edited August 6, 2020
    mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2020/0701_hypern0va/index.asp

This person makes nice videos explaining new content (english subs) https://youtube.com/watch?v=ShSfmvq2yZk

Apparently the npc's name is Etain. Lovely character design and the theme for npc is also quite pretty~
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JFdlSO20fHI
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited August 7, 2020
    The video's author updated their guide with English captions. The circles can grant some really nice effects but the randomness kills it somewhat. As it stands it looks like a more useful version of pre-music update magic music. Perhaps devcat wanted create some sort of a magigraphs for those who are patient enough in which case this talent would be fantastic for the handful of life skill focused players in the game who otherwise don't get much any love thanks to gachapon killing crafting.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    New Hypernova teaser.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Heh, they're using those fancy schmancy graphics for this trailer, too.
    I mean, it'd be kinda nice for the game to receive a graphical facelift, but it hasn't!
    It's a pretty trailer, despite being very unrepresentative of Mabi's in-game graphics.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Nexon stop using FALSE advertising. Thanks.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    theory..
    is nexon competing with segas mmo phantasy star online 2 new genesis?
    new genesis is a graphical improvement of Pso2 currently. is mabinogi going to try and do the same here?

but thats just a theory, a game theory..
    thanks for reading :D
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    It's just as likely that Devcat probably outsourced this trailer to a random animation studio. The style looks remarkably similar to the one used in recent fire emblem games, especially to the cutscenes in Echoes which irrc were also outsourced.
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    edited August 20, 2020
    It it just me or all of these trailers -really- uncomfortable to look at? Like treading on some uncany valley.

I like how it looks right now. It's kind of a signature thing.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    It it just me or all of these trailers -really- uncomfortable to look at? Like treading on some uncany valley.

I think it's the combination of slightly unnatural movements and them being rendered in high FPS. A characters face not being natural in its expressiveness is one thing but watching that without cinematic 24 fps dials up the uncanny 11. It's only slightly off putting here but it's still noticeable.
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Pip-Boy wrote: »

I think it's the combination of slightly unnatural movements and them being rendered in high FPS. A characters face not being natural in its expressiveness is one thing but watching that without cinematic 24 fps dials up the uncanny 11. It's only slightly off putting here but it's still noticeable.

The face of the model itself looks really off to me, combined with the extremely reflective skin and sharp, gradientless shadows also does it
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    Pip-Boy wrote: »

The face of the model itself looks really off to me, combined with the extremely reflective skin and sharp, gradientless shadows also does it

Its the eyes, I believe. It looks too weird.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    We can't even draw in our chat because of bad pp jokes.

Under what circumstances would we be able to draw our own circles?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    TNinja wrote: »
    We can't even draw in our chat because of bad pp jokes.

Under what circumstances would we be able to draw our own circles?

PP magic circles?
    Guaranteed.