Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Disable Flashy Option

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
in Feedback and Suggestions
some flashies could trigger epilepsy with some people so i think there should be a option to disable it
AdenoAtheist42MusicatCaliandraroseangel

Comments

• AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    I agree! I was on Nao, CH1 Dunbarton when there was this character wearing a black and white super flashy robe. Although I don't have epilepsy or anything like that, it sure hurts to even accidentally see. An option to disable the "flashy" dye feature would be great.

One possible way to implement this is that whenever a player disables the Flashy dye option, they'll only see one solid color of whatever the flashy dye has. So in my example of black and white flashy, maybe I'll only see it as pure solid black or white.

I believe that having this option is going to be appreciated by many players.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    See also this thread. Flashy dyes are accessibility issue.

In the meantime, all we can do is blacklist those wearing flashy items, and let them know why we are doing it.
    Adeno
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited September 15, 2020
    Set aside the fact that some people use extra flashy dyes for that sole purpose. Villains! I'll tear them The Meow should consider blacklisting some of them too, apparently.
    Bronzebreak
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited September 16, 2020
    While I do like some of the flashies in game, I know people who would like this option.
    Adeno
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Adeno wrote: »
    I agree! I was on Nao, CH1 Dunbarton when there was this character wearing a black and white super flashy robe. Although I don't have epilepsy or anything like that, it sure hurts to even accidentally see. An option to disable the "flashy" dye feature would be great.

One possible way to implement this is that whenever a player disables the Flashy dye option, they'll only see one solid color of whatever the flashy dye has. So in my example of black and white flashy, maybe I'll only see it as pure solid black or white.

THAT person.
    I took a screen recording of how horrible that flashy is.
    As someone who loves some flashies, I think with the DIY molds, their should be some limits.
    Adeno
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

THAT person.
    As someone who loves some flashies, I think with the DIY molds, their should be some limits.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba

THAT person.

https://imgur.com/a/mcwsDb8
    Adeno
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 17, 2020
    y5ykxa8s

There is an option in settings to disable flashies guys.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    y5ykxa8s

Do you always look away from problems?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited September 17, 2020

THAT person.

If you are reporting a specific transgression then you're right, but since this is a general situation the folks at Nexon are aware that flashy dyes exist and what patterns they have.
    Greta wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    y5ykxa8s

Do you always look away from problems?

Sometimes there is no choice.

• CaliandraCaliandra
    Mabinogi Rep: 790
    Disable flashy option in the menu would be amazing. The only real way for people to avoid certain health issues is to either blacklist the person or download a mod which people may be scared to do considering ToS. It's amazingly selfish to tell these people to 'just look away' or to install a mod when they don't know what will get them or not get them banned because the person causing the problem likes the flashy and refuses to take other peoples health into consideration. It also doesn't help that other people are beginning to hop onto this fad wagon and using these extremely fast flashy dyes.

What, I'm to blacklist half of my guild mates, blacklist potentially half the server if it spreads that much and not enjoy the game? A simple disable flashy option would fix all those issues and cause the blacklist to actually be used in its primary function, not to blacklist people you want to run content with and enjoy the game with but can't due to a stylistic opinion clashing with health.
    AdenoGretaCrimsọnroseangel