Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Auto Pick-Up Feature

AdenoAdeno
Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
edited November 11, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello! I'd like to suggest an Auto Pick-up feature. The reason for this is that majority of the time, it is very tiresome having to click items just to pick them up. Although you can press ALT in order to make picking them up easier, there are still times when even the text of the item's name is hard to click. Other times, you might be fighting a bunch of enemies while gold and other items are on the floor, but because you're taking a long time defeating them, the items and money have already started disappearing. This is why I am really requesting an Auto Pick-Up feature. It should also be customizable as to what items you want to be automatically picked up.

Auto Pick-Up Feature Options:

- Automatically pick up items that your character moves over or touches. (Character and dropped item collision detection trigger.)

- Can choose which items to automatically pick-up: All, Gold, Gems, Quest Items, Blacksmithing Manuals, Sewing Patterns, Others... (Customize in a window where you can put a check mark on which items you want to be automatically picked up.)

- It's ok if it only works in instanced rooms/dungeons/missions where only you or your party exist, in order to avoid problems caused by too many collision detection checks in general areas which are heavily populated such as towns (if such a thing could actually cause problems).

Thanks, I hope to see this feature in the future :)

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    This is already in the game. You're looking for an item called a Doll Bag, which is an inventory bag that can also summon a doll to pick up items and gold for you.
  • AdenoAdeno
    The doll bags don't work 100% for me though, most of the time my doll bag just stands around despite it supposed to be picking up gold. There are many times when I'd get a Huge Lucky Finish, stand in the middle of the pile,
  • AdenoAdeno
    The doll bags don't work 100% for me though, most of the time my doll bag just stands around despite it supposed to be picking up gold. There are many times when I'd get a Huge Lucky Finish, stand in the middle of the pile, but for some reason, it decides to either do nothing or go far away and pick up a smaller amount of gold. They're very unreliable.
  • KyomikuKyomiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 965
    How many dolls are you using? When I have all 3 out they pick up almost all the gold
  • AdenoAdeno
    I've got one right now.

Anyway it would definitely be great to be able to just walk right up to an item and it automatically goes into your bag, just like in most video games.
  • AdenoAdeno
    I've got one right now, a cute (but often confused) Tiger one.

Anyway it would definitely be great to be able to just walk right up to an item and it automatically goes into your bag, just like in most video games.
  • KyomikuKyomiku
    I think it's just down to how the engine is, the dolls take a little while to 'recalibrate' and scan the immediate area for gold; thats why if you have 3 out, usually one will go get the far o
  • KyomikuKyomiku
    I think it's just down to how the engine is, the dolls take a little while to 'recalibrate' and scan the immediate area for gold; thats why if you have 3 out, usually one will go get the far out gold, and the rest will work on the big piles. I think you just need more dolls :P
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Caissa wrote: »
    This is already in the game. You're looking for an item called a Doll Bag, which is an inventory bag that can also summon a doll to pick up items and gold for you.

Also, pet moneky's and some dog pets do the same. I wouldn't break my hea
  • HelsaHelsa

Also, pet moneky's and some dog pets do the same. I wouldn't break my heart if they added it but if they do I'd want it to be toggleable in settings. In the midst of a fight you maneuver to survive not grab stuff, which is the reason for this post I suppose, but that means the order that y
  • HelsaHelsa

Also, pet monkeys and some dog pets do the same. I wouldn't break my heart if they added it but if they do I'd want it to be toggleable in settings. In the midst of a fight you maneuver to survive not grab stuff, which is the reason for this post I suppose, but that means the order that you pick stuff up then would be, in a sense, out of your control so you could end up picking up stuff in an order that might be detrimental.
  • HelsaHelsa

Also, pet monkeys and some dog pets do the same. I wouldn't break my heart if they added it but if they do I'd want it to be toggle-able in settings. In the midst of a fight you maneuver to survive not grab stuff, which is the reason for this post I suppose, but that means the order that you pick stuff up then would be, in a sense, out of your control so you could end up picking up stuff in an order that might be detrimental.

On the other hand, another way to deal with this is just have stuff last longer before it fades. My guess is that's
  • HelsaHelsa

Also, pet monkeys and some dog pets do the same. I wouldn't break my heart if they added it but if they do I'd want it to be toggle-able in settings. In the midst of a fight you maneuver to survive not grab stuff, which is the reason for this post I suppose, but that means the order that you pick stuff up then would be, in a sense, out of your control so you could end up picking up stuff in an order that might be detrimental.

On the other hand, another way to deal with this is just have stuff last longer before it fades. My guess is that's a really easy edit to the code or resource files, depending on how they've set things up.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I agree with original post. Doll Bags are a sorry excuse for an auto pick up. If they don't pick up items as fast as me walking over them like in minecraft, it's not satisfying enough.