Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

In loving memory of forum glitch

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    So, I had this idea: since I'm already playing with tabs, why don't I open a third one and start a post there, leaving it unresolved as well, and we can see what happens then?

Wish me luck!

Hm? Well ,of course in retrospect it completely makes sense but when the auto-save feature decides to do its thing, it seems to check if the post has changed and if it has not it then takes no action. You see I left these two posts unattended while I went outside and helped a friend take the license plates off their car. A nice old lady cashing in her Toyota Corola for a Honda SUV; at her age she's tired of having to stoop to get in and out of her car, but I digress . . .

I wonder if typing in a character then removing it immediately is considered a net change; I'll try in the other thread; he go!

Hm? Uh, Houston? That's a negatorial.

Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    So, I'm gonna start editing this post, but then not hit post comment, and leave it un-posted while I go do the dishes. I've opened another tab to this thread to watch the posts come in. Right now, in the other tab, it shows:
    - two posts and my Mabinogi Rep is at 15905 with number of posts at 3573, upon refreshing we have:
    - four posts, Rep of 15905, post count 3575, then:
    - six posts, Rep is the same, post count 3577, then we have two input streams and:
    - ten posts, Rep is the same and 3581.

Well, so it seems that indeed post count IS affected but Mabinogi Rep. is unaffected.
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    So, I'm gonna start editing this post, but then not hit post comment, and leave it un-posted while I go do the dishes. I've opened another tab to this thread to watch the posts come in. Right now, in the other tab, it shows:
    - two posts and my Mabinogi Rep is at 15905 with number of posts at 3573, upon refreshing we have:
    - six posts, Rep is the same, post count 3577, then we have two input streams and:

Well, so it seems that indeed post count IS affected but Mabinogi Rep. is unaffected.

To quote a typical
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa

To quote an atypical member of the Constabulary of the city, county, and state of New York: "Show's over folks; mo
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa

To quote an atypical member of the Constabulary of the city, county, and state of New York: "Show's over folks; move along."
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa

To quote an atypical member of the Constabulary of the city, county, and state of New York: "Show's over folks; move along."
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    So, I had this idea: since I'm already playing with tabs, why don't I open a third one and start a post there, leaving it unresolved as well, and we can see what happens then?

Wish me luck!

Hm? Well ,of course in retrospect it completely makes sense but when the auto-save feature decides to do its thing, it seems to check if the post has changed and if it has not it then takes no action. You see I left these two posts unattended while I went outside and helped a friend take the license plates off their car. A nice old lady cashing in her Toyota Corola for a Honda SUV; at her age she's tired of having to stoop to get in and out of her car, but I digress . . .

I wonder if typing in a character then removing it immediately is considered a net change; I'll try in the other thread; he go!

Hm? Uh, Houston? That's a negatorial.

Well, for now, I think my work here is done. If I may impose upon you, my dear reader in thanks for your patience with my experimentation, one last time by paraphrasing the great, Sir William Schwenck Gilbert:

I am the very model of a forum "Thinks they know it all"
    I've information binary, in hex, and even in octal
    I know the admins of the forum, quote flame-wars all historical
    From KSI v Logan Paul, to others categorical

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus
    I know the information theory terms that describe all of this
    In short, in matters of object methods and their data and all
    I am the very model of a forum "Thinks they know it all"
    Crimsọn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Need to ping Katherz?
    Crimsọn
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I have found a number of mistakes posted by this «Thinks they know it all» whom I had to correct on at least one occasion, such as the correct French-language translation for the word related to Speaking, but it's clear to anybody who does their homework when someone else hasn't done their homework and I am too busy with other matters these days to bother responding anyway (this post is only being a rare momentary exception).
    Helsa wrote: »
    "Thinks they know it all"

Crimsọn
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    I have found a number of mistakes posted by this «Thinks they know it all» whom I had to correct on at least one occasion, such as the correct French-language translation for the word related to Speaking, but it's clear to anybody who does their homework when someone else hasn't done their homework and I am too busy with other matters these days to bother responding anyway (this post is only being a rare momentary exception).
    Crimsọn
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you're misinformed." -Mark Twain
    Crimsọn
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you're misinformed." -Mark Twain
    GretaCrimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 13, 2020
    Nevermind.
    Crimsọn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    That's probably the most notifications I've ever come back to
    Cool XD
    Crimsọn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Cool XD
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Cool XD

Merry Remembrance Day.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Habimaru wrote: »

My reference to HMS Pinafore was meant as self deprecating humour.
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Habimaru wrote: »

My reference to HMS Pinafore was meant as self deprecating humour. I thought it was obvious.
    Crimsọn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Did I spy a Greta?
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Katherz