Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Question about Raincasting

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Help
Is there a way to set up any particular cylinder: enchantments plus upgrades plus reforge plus ego, whatever, so that the cool-down on Raincasting expires while the rain cloud is still up?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Yes, there are two different ways to achieve this.

The first way is to obtain shoes with the "Rain Casting Cooldown" reforge. I don't remember the exact reforge level needed to get the cooldown lower than the duration, but I think it was around 12 or 15, which would require rank 1 shoes.

The second way, which is more commonly used despite the cost, is to obtain either a Celtic Tetra Cylinder or Revenant Insight Cylinder. Rain Casting's duration increases based on the cylinder elements. Those two cylinders have strong enough inherent elemental properties that they increase the duration so much it exceeds the cooldown. A demonic abyss cylinder or tidal wave cylinder will come close, but not quite reach that point.

A spirit cylinder can reduce the casting time of rain casting by 5 seconds, which might help a little as well, but doesn't affect the duration or cooldown.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Personally I use a Demonic abyss cylinder as Timefall mentioned. With r1 Raincasting the cooldown is finished, or at least almost, when my cloud expires, and b/c I use harvest song between clouds too, it works perfectly
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Timefall wrote: »
    Yes, there are two different ways to achieve this.

The first way is to obtain shoes with the "Rain Casting Cooldown" reforge. I don't remember the exact reforge level needed to get the cooldown lower than the duration, but I think it was around 12 or 15, which would require rank 1 shoes.

The second way, which is more commonly used despite the cost, is to obtain either a Celtic Tetra Cylinder or Revenant Insight Cylinder. Rain Casting's duration increases based on the cylinder elements. Those two cylinders have strong enough inherent elemental properties that they increase the duration so much it exceeds the cooldown. A demonic abyss cylinder or tidal wave cylinder will come close, but not quite reach that point.

A spirit cylinder can reduce the casting time of rain casting by 5 seconds, which might help a little as well, but doesn't affect the duration or cooldown.

If I remember correctly you can make a Celtic Tetra Cylinder through Magicraft. If so, then that would be where to start I think. Since, we can have multiple spirits then that extra 5 seconds would totally help; thanks!!

Stormbeast wrote: »
    Personally I use a Demonic abyss cylinder as Timefall mentioned. With r1 Raincasting the cooldown is finished, or at least almost, when my cloud expires, and b/c I use harvest song between clouds too, it works perfectly

I hadn't thought of that; I was thinking about keeping the mobs permanently sedated. I could use lullaby between clouds and use normal equipment, which is what I do now, but Lullaby only works once per monster, not even someone else's Lullaby works them.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    maybe try summoning a series of cloud/balloon pets to keep them snoozing