Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Do something

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
in General Chat
About all the spam bots that plague Dunbarton.

Please
Bronzebreak

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ah this thread again. It's been a while. :)
    WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited January 20, 2021
    AgentJean wrote: »

Please

Ask not what Nexon can do for you, ask what you can do for Nexon. Nexon can only react. If you report bots diligently you expedite their removal that much quicker. But, if that's too much work, just treat them like music over-players and blacklist them temporarily while you are in Dunbarton. Once you leave Dunbarton you can remove them from your blacklist so it won't fill up.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Helsa wrote: »

Please

Ask not what Nexon can do for you, ask what you can do for Nexon. Nexon can only react. If you report bots diligently you expedite their removal that much quicker. But, if that's too much work, just treat them like music over-players and blacklist them temporarily while you are in Dunbarton. Once you leave Dunbarton you can remove them from your blacklist so it won't fill up.

87% of the time when I do report the bots the "Transmission fails" "Something goes wrong" and I'm told to try again later.
    Bronzebreak
  • LyniLyni
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    Helsa wrote: »

Please

OK JFK. I been blacklisting bots for the last 10 years and now that you can't block them I sent in support tickets. I'm trying to pull weight but it's hard to work with starfish. :U
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Dunbar-town is too small for the amount of people that congregate at that location.
    The map ought to be expanded, the city made bigger, perhaps even bigger than Tara or at least Tail-tea-n.
    Most people usually stay by the bank, but, because of the number of bank-dwellers...
    ...more banking branches (and mail-boxes) should thus also spread out throughout the town/city/etc.
    The more of the population that is concentrated in one location the more it will attract spam-vert-isers.

Continent-Warp should not auto-default solely to Dunbar-town.
    Although Continent-Warp to Iria is race-specific in terms of which town where one will land...
    ...especially after the Saga-series... options ought to be available as to which town one wants to hop.
    With the amount of content that now exists, and the size of everything, old travel-restrictions are obsolete.

Get the population to spread out more and any spam-bot can be avoided by going to a different bank...
    ...unless of course they end up stationed at every bank or Milletians stubbornly stay at one branch anyway.
    I also have access to plenty of other creative ideas to make them less of a nuisance but that's for some other day.
    Bronzebreak