Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Contest: E8

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited January 27, 2021 in General Chat
Construct E8 to the best of your ability, (google it). Best ONE get's 25k gift card, ONE runner's up get 10k gift card. Judgement is based on preciseness and creativity with the limited set you are given. Recommendation is that you have all your glyphwrite skills maxed. Contest concludes END OF JANUARY midnight PT and rewards are given out ON FEBUARY 1ST.

One entry only. Thanks.

Go!

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Not even one attempt?
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited January 28, 2021
    kGXK6EQ.png

My other 2 attempts (not entries, but they look pretty so decided to show them off):
    PRwRgkn.png
    XrcU1br.png

It's hard due to a large grid, no snap-to-grid tools. The hardest part is that the lines are large and clumsy to place, not easy to know what it will look like until you preview it. On top of that there's the obvious 50 shape limit, in the blue one I got creative and used other shapes to make it seem like I was using more than 50 lines - I aimed to make it appear correct when actually it is inaccurate.
    I'm ashamed to say that I spent a few hours on this...

Why is there no "Save Template" option?!
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 27, 2021
    Ok I should of specified 1 entry only. My bad.

And YEAH why isn't there a save option for reuse of designs?
    Wolfsinger
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Pretty terrible, but I can't draw

94f5637b18.jpg
    CrimsọnWolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    EtFK5pHWMAIs1Ap?format=png&name=360x360
    Probably got it completely wrong, but whatev.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 1, 2021
    Not very many entries. Giving until 9pm ET (when I get back from work). Winners will be picked by then today and that will provide some time for additional entries from other members.
  • KarmadideKarmadide
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Here is my submission
    Capture.PNG
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 1, 2021

@PlatinaKoki
    Yours is the closest tbh as far as I can tell given the limitations set before us (and because E8 is infinite so complexity was the key). Can you show us or at least explain to us how you created that in mabi? I am actually really curious and I am impressed by your submission to this contest.

From this point and time submissions are cut off and are pending review.

@JJ @Karmadide @Gaby5011
    Also please state what server you are from. Depending if you are all from Nao I will have a participant prize for you. If not I will work out something equivalent just for you.

Thank you all for your submissions. :)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited February 1, 2021
    Crimsọn wrote: »

@PlatinaKoki
    Yours is the closest tbh as far as I can tell given the limitations set before us (and because E8 is infinite so complexity was the key). Can you show us or at least explain to us how you created that in mabi? I am actually really curious and I am impressed by your submission to this contest.

@JJ @Karmadide @Gaby5011
    Also please state what server you are from. Depending if you are all from Nao I will have a participant prize for you. If not I will work out something equivalent just for you.

I used a combination of stars and squares.

Tbqh, I can't remember exactly what I did, but it was something like this, followed by the x6 rotate.

Sg3OcvU.png

Either that, or I did each star and square one at a time (which gets hard when the lines become indistinguishable). I think I did the squares manually. I've done so many different glyphs I can't remember, but the above image plus rotate % copy x6 gives the closest to my submission.

I think I also added four circles, one at each circle mark on the grid, although the three inner ones would be hard to distinguish.

Or....

I think I did this with the stars, then did the same for the other three circles.
    GruIAs2.png

Then, with that done, I did this with the squares (again, copied for each tier, but I show the squares by themselves since they otherwise get a bit lost in all the stars. I did the squares second because for me, anyway, its easier for me to do the squares symmetrically than it is the stars.)
    vXN1rkz.png

Then I added the outer circle (and I think I added circles for the other markings, too, since they're somewhat visible in the E8 image I looked at), then used the 14 remaining placeable symbols to just add on more stars to try to fill up empty spaces.
  • KarmadideKarmadide
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I'm Ashes from Nao server
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Crimsọn wrote: »

@PlatinaKoki

@JJ @Karmadide @Gaby5011

Alexina Pleb
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Nao server: MMLink
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 3, 2021
    What a wicked web we weave.

imhappyplz.gif

First prize goes to PlatinaKoki.
    Runner's up goes to Karmadide.
    Both of you can find the codes in a PM on here. Check your messages. I chose your designs because while they might not be ~accurate~ they did however demonstrate the complexity of the structure.

Participants of Nao each get a 5m check. Thank you for your participation.

Gaby5011 of Alexina gets...a high five. ;)

Jk...I sent you a little something.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Grats to the winners!