Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Official Dye Suggestion Thread

Comments

• KerynnaKerynna
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    #005500 Or pretty close dark greens
  • comellowcomellow
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    I need Fixed Hair Color Dye Ampoule #AA9281(Dark Sandy)Color. please!!
    I found it on the Korean server and I am waiting for my eyes to fall off. lmao xD
  • MinniemoonMinniemoon
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Idk if this is the right place to put this, but I was thinking it would be super helpful if we could search HEX #s in the auction house. That way we don't have to scroll through 85+ pages of random dyes to maybe find the one we're looking for!
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Minniemoon wrote: »
    Idk if this is the right place to put this, but I was thinking it would be super helpful if we could search HEX #s in the auction house. That way we don't have to scroll through 85+ pages of random dyes to maybe find the one we're looking for!

This is already possible. Not with the HEX code, but if you convert the code into the RGB values then you can do it. You can even do ranges which helps to find synth dyes that may vary a bit.

unknown.png

On another note, just wanted to say thanks to Nexon for reading to this thread! Both the brown and the red I requested have now gotten a rerelease. I'm already well stocked up because of the natural dye event, but still appreciative to see that the staff is listening to suggestions.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Ion wrote: »
    Minniemoon wrote: »

This is already possible. Not with the HEX code, but if you convert the code into the RGB values then you can do it. You can even do ranges which helps to find synth dyes that may vary a bit.

unknown.png

On another note, just wanted to say thanks to Nexon for reading to this thread! Both the brown and the red I requested have now gotten a rerelease. I'm already well stocked up because of the natural dye event, but still appreciative to see that the staff is listening to suggestions.

Oh my god
    I never knew that was possible. That is so helpful!!
    Thank you for posting that you can look up via RBG value.
    Ion
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I just want more, and more plentiful, non-blinking dyes. Most of the blinking dyes I come across are pretty awful to look at, either because of the speed at which they blink or the color combos they have...and some people I've seen do not use them in the most appealing ways, either (you know those people, you've seen their diabolical handiwork). Mainly, I'd like to have some way to get some simple pastels, like light blue, pink, butter yellow, etc., just like how you can turn in the Saga coupons for some basic color dyes. You know, maybe have them cost gems at a special shop that pops up once a month. Heck, having them cost gems would actually bring up the market value of the things, since they're easy to find from Metallugy and events give them out like candy, so most of them are so worthless that you're better off dropping them all over the ground than saving them for gem upgrades...especially if you've already gotten all the gem upgrades you need and done the gem collection books.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited January 26, 2020
    I would really like to see another return of the wave pulse blue dye. I know it came back last winter 2019 but I would like for it to come back again.
    Bbyblue_darkblue.gif
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh great, someone wants to have these flashies to cause some people intense epilepsy. So glad people actually dropped flashy fashion years ago.

Flashy dyes are also problematic for vision impaired players. See also this thread which requested an option to disable the display of flashy dyes. Having that option would still allow players who like flashy dyes to use them and see them on other players, but those of us who don't like them could enable the option ensuring we never see them.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2020
    I don't think we need this thread anymore. Just give us natural dye events here and there. Lol.

I've actually gotten really good at that game. It just requires a little practice.
  • ViridysViridys
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    edited April 5, 2020
    oh we always need this thread. there are so many shades to release
    speaking of, #009900
    i remember this used to be a common event dye in 2012 but it stopped dropping at some point... it was a nice bright green
    and please rerelease dye sets more often. especially the ace talent and alban knight sets. id throw money at that
  • LaeryhnLaeryhn
    Mabinogi Rep: 315
    There's a couple colors I've been hoping to see come back again, hopefully this thread isn't considered "dead" ^^;;

#B0C4DE, came from the Memento gachapon in all dye types iirc.

#E0FFFF, came from the Checkmate gachapon I believe, in regular and metal dyes.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 31, 2020
    Just bring back natural dyes please. I am addicted to that game. :D

Heartdonor
  • LaeryhnLaeryhn
    Mabinogi Rep: 315
    Oh I love the natural dye game too, it's really fun once you get used to it! Just, in leu of that being more frequent, this thread is a great option.

Also forgot before, but #AFEEEE in metal is another dye I haven't seen in forever, lol. I'd give context of what gacha it came from if I knew, but sadly I don't ^^;;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Natural dyes pl0x.
  • SadluiiSadluii
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    The ram ribbon wig is unable to dye? There were 6 section of the dye parts. But it seems like we are only able to dye the one part which is the hair colour part.
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Fixed skin colored dyes, that actually match the skin tones, because for some reason shoe/glove parts that should be transparent are dyed in a skin tone that doesn't match at all.
    HeartdonorBentobunnii
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Need more natural dyes. I have updated my color scheme to dark red and mocha brown. :)
  • YuyukoyoujiYuyukoyouji
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    As someone who tends to stick to a colour scheme alittle too much, one I would love to see come back more commonly is #fA8072
    It is one of the nicest pink colours I've ever had. I know they also made a Hair Dye Amp and Metal Dye Amp of it an I really hope it can be more common as well!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    We need a wider variety of brown hair dyes.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    recurring Natural dyes. just remove those 990 nx dye/color/metal dye amps for good. let us make our own.

But also, skintone colors that we got ingame, as dyes.
    (could make skintone dye sets as a permanent addition to nx shop too, say, x5 dyes of a selectable skintone for some nx.)
    KakiPiHeartdonor