Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Event Thoughts

KaarosKaaros
Mabinogi Rep: 980
in General Chat
A few thoughts. One is that honestly most of the events I've seen on Mabi are grindy time wastes that really aren't any fun. Secondly, the latest paper event is ESPECIALLY so. Thirdly, the Pet Event is stupid. I mean yes it's a useless time waste that I'm grinding out anyway. That's not what I am here to complain about. It's the SILK. They require you to give 3 Cheap Silk and you _have to make it yourself_. Problem being, depending on the rank of your weaving skill and other factors, making even just 3 cheap silk can take for blooming ever! I HAVE 9 OF THESE THINGS IN THE BANK, AND APPARENTLY THEY'RE USELESS FOR ARBITRARY REASONS.

That's my rant.
  1. Event Bad?5 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (4 votes)
    2. No
       20% (1 vote)
    3. Flubber Nuggets
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    How did this become a rant forum T_T

Wasn't there a previous event (the Anniversary one?) with an item box that pooped out Cobwebs and Thin Threads? If you kept them from that then there's your potential Cheap Silk.

Silk is actually one of the first items you can craft through Weaving, so I'm assuming that's not the part that takes forever. Is it the chance of failing? If so, then do you have Rain Casting? cause that increases your success rate.
    Maybe the part that takes forever is just gathering spiders to "poop" webs. You can technically do that AFK in that one forest in Emain Macha. Have the Moonlight Ferghus Doll pick up the webs for you while you make dinner.

I have reason to believe some of these events are intended to compliment normal gameplay. e.g. you would normally have your pet out with you, Divine-Linked, while you're in a dungeon or a mission.
    The ones where you have to sit and spin a wheel or something for a whole minute to produce X item, though, I dunno.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Fluorette wrote: »

There has been a trend of that lately hasn't there?

Personally, I don't really see what the problem with the weaving is about? I'm running around on a rank D for weaving, and honestly my biggest issue is that I got more fine/finest silk than I did cheap, but I can sell those for pocket money. Gathering webs and all that doesn't really take that long, and it all goes to improving your skills and stats which betters your odds of success, so....besides taking a bit more time, I don't think its that bad.
    It is a bit strange we can't use ones we already have, but at the same time its just making us play the game to some degree, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Fluorette wrote: »

Wasn't there a previous event (the Anniversary one?) with an item box that pooped out Cobwebs and Thin Threads? If you kept them from that then there's your potential Cheap Silk.

Silk is actually one of the first items you can craft through Weaving, so I'm assuming that's not the part that takes forever. Is it the chance of failing? If so, then do you have Rain Casting? cause that increases your success rate.
    Maybe the part that takes forever is just gathering spiders to "poop" webs. You can technically do that AFK in that one forest in Emain Macha. Have the Moonlight Ferghus Doll pick up the webs for you while you make dinner.

I have reason to believe some of these events are intended to compliment normal gameplay. e.g. you would normally have your pet out with you, Divine-Linked, while you're in a dungeon or a mission.
    The ones where you have to sit and spin a wheel or something for a whole minute to produce X item, though, I dunno.

That's what forums are for dear.