Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Returning player question

Mabi1Mabi1
Mabinogi Rep: 610
in General Chat
Hello, I'm returning after 7 years and I am completely lost. My cumulative level is in the 5000s and need some guidance on how to start leveling my character and what to focus on. It seems like the new norm is 10k+ levels and I'll be missing out on beginner benefits on my main. Should I make a new char instead? I'd appreciate any help! :)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    No don't make a new character, it already has 5k levels at least. Your ultimate goal is to get to 40k to max out shine of eweca. Honestly though, the best place to start is your quest log. Complete all the gens and side quests, hidden quests, missions. That's what I did when I came back after a 5 year hiatus. Now there's even more content, you will have tons of content to go through. You should join the official discord channel so if you get stuck on something someone can help you. I'll be happy to help as well, are you on the Nao server?
    WolfsingerMabi1
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Mabi1 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm returning after 7 years and I am completely lost. My cumulative level is in the 5000s and need some guidance on how to start leveling my character and what to focus on. It seems like the new norm is 10k+ levels and I'll be missing out on beginner benefits on my main. Should I make a new char instead? I'd appreciate any help! :)

Keep your character. Get a chain blade. Duncan has a complete skill rest service. You can use this to lower your CP, if you are still training CP sensitive skills, and you can use it to borrow AP from yourself, should you need to.
  • Mabi1Mabi1
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    No don't make a new character, it already has 5k levels at least. Your ultimate goal is to get to 40k to max out shine of eweca. Honestly though, the best place to start is your quest log. Complete all the gens and side quests, hidden quests, missions. That's what I did when I came back after a 5 year hiatus. Now there's even more content, you will have tons of content to go through. You should join the official discord channel so if you get stuck on something someone can help you. I'll be happy to help as well, are you on the Nao server?

Yes I am on the Nao server!
  • Mabi1Mabi1
    Helsa wrote: »
    Mabi1 wrote: »

Keep your character. Get a chain blade. Duncan has a complete skill rest service. You can use this to lower your CP, if you are still training CP sensitive skills, and you can use it to borrow AP from yourself, should you need to.

Thank you! I'll work on chain blade first
    Wolfsinger
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Work on Memiors and get through the dungeon guide support boxes, mainly Peaca Veteran dungeon, as it will give you instant ranks of Chain Blade skills, and each support box gives you a new pet and chain (progressively better, ending with the Peaca Vet blade)
    Memiors will grant you good gear and can help level you to 200 to train skills easier
    Wolfsinger
  • CarganCargan
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Better than me I went to return and my whole account had been wiped out I had character over 3900 cumulative level and when i went to log in got message needed to reset password to reactivate my account due to length of time since i had logged in and had to start from scratch