Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

KR Update List

TwelieTwelie
Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
edited June 12, 2021 in Content from Other Regions
As nobody has posted it yet, I wanted to link to the feedback results Korean Mabinogi has collected and their response as to if/when it will be added. There is a lot of content here!
Some notable points include:
-Client memory leak fixes and 64 bit upgrade (second half of 2021 and into 2022)
-Graphics improvements (2022)
-Guild war revamp (2022)
-Adding guild content such as guild buffs and warehouse (2022)
-Life content reorganization including bounty hunting and commerce (second half of 2021)
-Tailteann farms revamp (second half of 2021)
-Dungeon/SM/Mag Mel/purification revamp (including drop tables- date varies )
-Ability to select the buff target for music skills so mages and warriors can fight together without competing for buffs (out in Korea already)
-Magigraph buff (out already)

There are many more changes coming so please read for yourself if interested!
https://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2021/0318_list/index.asp

Sherri

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I'll be interested to see how this works. I kinda hope the graphics improvement builds more on what we have as opposed to trying to make it 'realistic' - plenty of games for that, and I personally liked some of the simplicity of this one. Not to say I don't think it could stand some improvements, I just hope they don't take it too far the other direction.

Definitely interested in some of the other stuff though....especially commerce lol
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I liked seeing elf and giant on their list even if there is no planned date for it yet. players have been suggesting that for a few years. most of the things on their list are good improvements that the game actually needs. looks like Nexon KR is finally starting to realize it is time to finally fix mabi before the whole ship sinks.
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see how this works. I kinda hope the graphics improvement builds more on what we have as opposed to trying to make it 'realistic' - plenty of games for that, and I personally liked some of the simplicity of this one. Not to say I don't think it could stand some improvements, I just hope they don't take it too far the other direction.

Definitely interested in some of the other stuff though....especially commerce lol

true, it is definitely important that mabi still stays mabi. I like the graphic style we have and it should be improved not changed completely. Avalon is beautiful and one of the best looking areas in mabi and I would love it if every area in mabi looked at least that good or better. if Nexon KR updates the engine and we get a 64 bit client hopefully improvements like that will be possible without causing serious lag.
    Wolfsinger
  • TwelieTwelie
    Negumiko wrote: »
    players have been suggesting that for a few years. most of the things on their list are good improvements that the game actually needs. looks like Nexon KR is finally starting to realize it is time to finally fix mabi before the whole ship sinks..
    It really does seem like ever since mabi's director got changed there has only been positive change- Spirit weapon revamp being a huge one. I am looking forward to the improvements a ton!

I kinda hope the graphics improvement builds more on what we have as opposed to trying to make it 'realistic'
    I don't think they will change the entire concept of the base game, from what I understand it will most likely just be texture and model updates rather than entirely changing the style. Think the tir NPC hairstyle changes, etc.

Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Guild warehouse. Hmm? You gotta hand it to Nexon, I don't think anyone here thought of that. Sure guild hall updates and guild homestead, /could/ have behaved as such, but there was nothing specific. As a guild leader myself, I just hope it's a place where I can put all my shoes!
  • TwelieTwelie
    Helsa wrote: »
    Guild warehouse. Hmm? You gotta hand it to Nexon, I don't think anyone here thought of that. Sure guild hall updates and guild homestead, /could/ have behaved as such, but there was nothing specific. As a guild leader myself, I just hope it's a place where I can put all my shoes!

Yeah, I do hope it is a big enough inventory to store enough items for large guilds. I am assuming it will expand based on guild level. I wonder what withdrawal and storage permissions will be like.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Twelie wrote: »

Yeah, I do hope it is a big enough inventory to store enough items for large guilds. I am assuming it will expand based on guild level. I wonder what withdrawal and storage permissions will be like.

something like each guild member get their own personal 10x10 guild inventory to prevent any theft. guild members could access their items at the guild warehouse and if they leave the guild or get kicked they can access their own personal guild inventory from Eavan in Dunbarton to withdraw any items they didn't have time to take out. you can't put items in your personal guild inventory until you join another guild.

shared guild inventory should only let players deposit items to donate to the guild and only the leader and officer of the guild should be allowed to withdraw items.
  • SelzyrSelzyr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055

something like each guild member get their own personal 10x10 guild inventory to prevent any theft. guild members could access their items at the guild warehouse and if they leave the guild or get kicked they can access their own personal guild inventory from Eavan in Dunbarton to withdraw any items they didn't have time to take out. you can't put items in your personal guild inventory until you join another guild.

shared guild inventory should only let players deposit items to donate to the guild and only the leader and officer of the guild should be allowed to withdraw items.

the guild system on it self should have a re-work, separate the guild system from the premium crap, no game should charge to lead a guild.
    Guild Vanity Gear to represent your guild, Guild Emblem update so you could display your guild Emblem on said guild(hell, even shield appearance scrolls that would allow some coolio shield appearances with the guild Emblem?) cloaks, more Robes, the Guild system could be improved to have more ranks(possibility of making more ranks?) this allowing the guild Warehouse system to be properly implemented where you could set ranks for when people can deposit only or take out items from said Warehouse.

Overall, waiting on these changes(all of them) in hopes they can save Mabinogi.

(for those that pointed the finger and laughed at me for the Engine Revamp/re-work, who's laughing now?)

• TwelieTwelie
    Selzyr wrote: »
    (for those that pointed the finger and laughed at me for the Engine Revamp/re-work, who's laughing now?)

If there's one thing I have learned in my time playing mabinogi (especially in regards to the newest director) it is that the updates the players ask for will come EVENTUALLY. It might not be something that is satisfactory for everyone, but I can really tell that the game is being cared for by the people who are making it lately.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited June 26, 2021
    I hadn't seen some of this.

It's almost as if they took feedback from some of us as well as the KR populace. I mean, the suggested changes fit well within some of the (reasonable) requests posted in the Feedback Forum as well as the discussions had in General Chat.

A lot of this stuff went forgotten, like Taillteann farms and I'm actually surprised to see they fell back to these lost concepts and decided to turn them into something more modernized. Yes, there's so many things this game has to offer and it's a shame that previous Devs/Directors basically just did not bother doing anything more than minimum needed to get profit. The radical ideas from some of the community did not help things, let's be clear. But, this is a fantastic change for the better when reasonable ideas win out and the game can prosper again, breathing life into it and naturally attracting attention in its own way.

I'm very happy with the current path and I want to see more and I hope I can do my part to help, even if that's just doing what I normally do as an everyday, smart-mouthed critic.
    WolfsingerArtier
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited February 18, 2022
    I liked seeing elf and giant on their list even if there is no planned date for it yet. players have been suggesting that for a few years. most of the things on their list are good improvements that the game actually needs. looks like Nexon KR is finally starting to realize it is time to finally fix mabi before the whole ship sinks.

true, it is definitely important that mabi still stays mabi. I like the graphic style we have and it should be improved not changed completely. Avalon is beautiful and one of the best looking areas in mabi and I would love it if every area in mabi looked at least that good or better. if Nexon KR updates the engine and we get a 64 bit client hopefully improvements like that will be possible without causing serious lag.

I honestly care less what anyone thinks. If they are really going to do a graphics update it had to be AMAZING draw new players so i will take any kind of updated graphic style TERA or Black Desert Online art style. It would also be nice if they put a more advanced character creator like they have for BDO where you can alter the characters height and figure for more more appeal whether it make them very tall and iron board chested or average height with a large front and hindquarters with a small stomach.

Would be very nice if they did so
  • HelsaHelsa
    -Graphics improvements (2022)

Okay good. To what extent the 'improvements' are, we'll have to, literally, see. Otherwise, I could see this becoming the new passionate issue to divide the community.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    memory leak issues fixed and 64 bit upgrade, i N E E D you
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 12, 2022
    Sherri wrote: »
    memory leak issues fixed and 64 bit upgrade, i N E E D you

It would be interesting if they go ahead with a 64-bit upgrade, because that would shut out all the hillbillys trying to play this game on their 286's.
  • TwelieTwelie
    edited April 14, 2022
    Let's post an update and see what we should still be expecting!
    In 2022, the list still includes,
    To sort it into roughly 3 parts:
    [BATTLE]
    -Adjusting the balance for each race
    -Hunting & Raid Reward Table Reorganization/ Field Boss Raid System Reorganization
    - common strike effects and sounds replacement
    - Improve elements of mag mell that interfere with playing
    - Inconvenient party bulletin board function reorganization
    - Purification mission reward balancing
    - dungeon practice mode
    - Reorganization of other old content (ex: Avon dungeon, raft, wyvern, jousting contest, Tara auction house, etc.)
    - Echostone extra equipment slot
    - Blue upgrade stone balance adjustment??z
    - More Dungeon re-rentry

[LIVING]
    -Reorganized Royal Alchemist for each server and journal-related content issues
    - Tailteann farm revamp
    - Guilds update (Guild War reorganization, added guild benefits such as guild point use, guild buff, guild warehouse, etc.)
    -Reorganization of the fashion contest where conflicts arise due to various disturbances
    - Heart sticker system revamp
    - more minigames
    - unlocking homestead housing rooms
    - Composition based fixes, such as setting whether a score can be edited by others, considering adding more instruments, etc.
    - " review and improve the situation in which items such as tall insoles and halo/puppet cosmetics are mounted on the equipment tab"

[CONVENIENCE]
    - Clearing weeds in Coill and Fiodh
    - 64bit client upgrade to fix memory issues
    - some sort of graphics update
    - engine improvement for structural resolution of RAM leaks, etc.
    - improved in-game reporting function
    - LOD optimization and improvement
    - Synthesis/Disassembly UI improvement
    - Move the Moongate into the village of Bangor
    - Overall improvement of information listed on the dungeon guide system
    - Convert gold to currency that doesn't take up inventory space
    - Modifying some exploitable maps

We should at least be getting overseas news about most of these things by the end of the year. To be honest, I'm most excited for any tidbit of news about the guild updates, but also the other old content updates. How are we feeling about the changes that have come/ are coming so far?
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 17, 2022
    - unlocking homestead housing rooms
    Finally my horror story will end.
    - 64bit client upgrade to fix memory issues
    No more running out of memory even though my machine has plenty of memory???
    - engine improvement for structural resolution of RAM leaks, etc.
    Nexon, you still owe me 8gb of ram sticks you fried on my laptop. There was a server crash and that crash fried that ram. I wonder how many other computers you have damaged because of your memory leaks.
    Gasp...I was wondering this for the longest time lol.
    - Convert gold to currency that doesn't take up inventory space
    I better sell my gold boxes right now before too many people read this. I only need to hold 1m on me for repair purposes anyway.
    Don't take away the volcano pools and rivers! It's a feature™!
    TwelieSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 4, 2022
    Crimsọn wrote: »

I've been using the Morva Aisle gate to get to Bangor. Having one in Bangor will be better, if only a bit.

Yeah, no kidding. Map glitches are fun to explore. They don't convey any advantage to players that know of them. They don't cause the game to crash. Every map should have a map glitch. I'm not sure if the Assault Slash reposte trick still works or not, but I remember using it to run up and down the rafting river, run in the lake at Emain Macha, and run in the harbour at Belfast; that was fun.
  • NegumikoNegumiko

I've been using the Morva Aisle gate to get to Bangor. Having one in Bangor will be better, if only a bit.

I always use the Morva Aisle gate to go to Bangor as well. Plus Morva Aisle has cool music.

Best part about any mmo is going to all the places you shouldn't be able to get to. That is also why I love warp imps. Hopefully some movement permissions will be improved, some of invisible walls make Mabinogi feel very old.

• UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited May 17, 2022
    I hadn't seen some of this.

It's almost as if they took feedback from some of us as well as the KR populace. I mean, the suggested changes fit well within some of the (reasonable) requests posted in the Feedback Forum as well as the discussions had in General Chat.

A lot of this stuff went forgotten, like Taillteann farms and I'm actually surprised to see they fell back to these lost concepts and decided to turn them into something more modernized. Yes, there's so many things this game has to offer and it's a shame that previous Devs/Directors basically just did not bother doing anything more than minimum needed to get profit. The radical ideas from some of the community did not help things, let's be clear. But, this is a fantastic change for the better when reasonable ideas win out and the game can prosper again, breathing life into it and naturally attracting attention in its own way.

I'm very happy with the current path and I want to see more and I hope I can do my part to help, even if that's just doing what I normally do as an everyday, smart-mouthed critic.

When I posted several ideas over the years in various forums and in-game, I didn't realize that I was predicting future content/fixes. Either that or someone close to the dev team read my posts and said "Great idea!" and put it in a "To do" list. (Or that everyone had the same idea)
    "Common Silk isn't so Common" - Back when I started many years ago. Bam. Re:Life Update.
    "Traditional MMO Roles" - Rants in chat. Bam! We sort of got a MMO role mechanic in that Theta mission. Heck, it makes me think that one day we would get watered down versions of those tech roles. (You're reading this, right?)
    "Better reforging" - On first reforge fails. Bam! That Reforge update. I have no regrets how the reforges works now. Though I say 50 is being greedy and it should be a fair number.

I went from two hiatuses and recently came back. Are these fixes enough for me to stay? Answer: Maybe. It works for now.