Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weird Mabi Dating Server Message?

MinastarMinastar
Mabinogi Rep: 920
Posts: 4
Member
edited July 29 in General Chat
I keep getting this really annoying message in red that flashes across my screen asking me to join the mabi dating server? Anyone else get this and is this normal? I really just want it to stop and go away.

Comments

  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Posts: 130
    Member
    edited July 29
    That sounds like someone on your server is spamming Horn Bugles. If so, unfortunately there's not much you can do about them.
  • gertrudegertrude
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Posts: 22
    Member
    I got the message twice. Very weird to say the least.
  • MinastarMinastar
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    Posts: 4
    Member
    aeternitis wrote: »
    That sounds like someone on your server is spamming Horn Bugles. If so, unfortunately there's not much you can do about them.

    I thought it was these at first but it doesn't appear at the top of the screen like usual and it also actually said my ign? It takes up the entire bottom of my screen when it happens.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    It's not bugles. It's a hack.
    There was commentary on it before in another thread, but the mods deleted the evidence of the pic because it was "harmful" or w/e.

    I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    edited July 30
    It's an OLD harmless script people use to use back in the day. An exploit in the system messages. You know when you can see messages during a quest or mission in that same area? Yeah there's an old exploit involving that. It's not anything new and it's hardly a secret. Don't worry, they will eventually get bored and go away.

    So I'm not spoiling it ok? Get over yourselves. You're not hackers, yer just script kiddies that stole old scripts from a certain forum using that same injection app that people used to use to dupe stuff. :smirk:

    Sorry but there is the random few that are still hung up on stuff from years ago. I know they are reading this.

    XeIiUgW.png
    Q0H62ke.png
    EnkWHWJ.png

    Also I talked with the owner of that discord server, in case you were wondering they have nothing to do with this.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    Those pics are going to get yeeted, Crims.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    edited July 30
    Those pics are going to get yeeted, Crims.

    Why are they going to get yeeted? There are no mods and I'm not implicating anyone in them.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,695
    Posts: 4,458
    Member
    The other image was just as innocuous, yet yeeted.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    edited July 30
    Helsa wrote: »
    The other image was just as innocuous, yet yeeted.

    Censored.

    Next time be a little less vague guys.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    I feel you. It's hard to describe the offense when evidence of the offense no longer exists.

    Hahaha.
    Ha.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    I feel you. It's hard to describe the offense when evidence of the offense no longer exists.

    Hahaha.
    Ha.

    It's there now, just censored by yours truly.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,120
    Posts: 2,781
    Member
    I don't see why ya'll need a dating server. You all could just date me! :D
    Crimsọn
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,505
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited July 30
    i dont have mods and i got them too, something is going on the server, better fix it before things escalate because there are things in that community that are only for mature adults.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    Pannya wrote: »
    i dont have mods and i got them too, something is going on the server, better fix it before things escalate because there are things in that community that are only for mature adults.

    It doesn't matter if you have mods or not. Everyone can receive these messages. These messages are harmless. They can't harm you or your account, they are just annoying. Eventually the script kiddie will get banned or get bored and it will stop.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,695
    Posts: 4,458
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Pannya wrote: »
    i dont have mods and i got them too, something is going on the server, better fix it before things escalate because there are things in that community that are only for mature adults.

    It doesn't matter if you have mods or not. Everyone can receive these messages. These messages are harmless. They can't harm you or your account, they are just annoying. Eventually the script kiddie will get banned or get bored and it will stop.

    This isn't a problem on Alexina. Mind you there's only two of us left. So, if one gets such a message then they know who sent it! :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Pannya wrote: »
    i dont have mods and i got them too, something is going on the server, better fix it before things escalate because there are things in that community that are only for mature adults.

    It doesn't matter if you have mods or not. Everyone can receive these messages. These messages are harmless. They can't harm you or your account, they are just annoying. Eventually the script kiddie will get banned or get bored and it will stop.

    This isn't a problem on Alexina. Mind you there's only two of us left. So, if one gets such a message then they know who sent it! :)

    Yeah we need to merge you two. :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,695
    Posts: 4,458
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Pannya wrote: »
    i dont have mods and i got them too, something is going on the server, better fix it before things escalate because there are things in that community that are only for mature adults.

    It doesn't matter if you have mods or not. Everyone can receive these messages. These messages are harmless. They can't harm you or your account, they are just annoying. Eventually the script kiddie will get banned or get bored and it will stop.

    This isn't a problem on Alexina. Mind you there's only two of us left. So, if one gets such a message then they know who sent it! :)

    Yeah we need to merge you two. :D

    thats-the-spirit-.jpg
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,120
    Posts: 2,781
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Mind you there's only two of us left.
    Seems like you two have your work cut out for you. ;)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,695
    Posts: 4,458
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Mind you there's only two of us left.
    Seems like you two have your work cut out for you. ;)

    With you I can't tell, does this have something to do with me being a giant and that old expression about being able to drive a truck?
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Posts: 45
    Member
    edited August 1
    My question right now is "Is there going to be any actions?" to any updates on the situation, or "Who the (EFF) is responsible for this?"
    It makes me worry that this exploit has gone unnoticed, I wonder what other malicious codes/mods/addons has gone undetected for years?
    For the GMs thats reading this post, that message is NOT the only thing that's out there. Fake Music buff messages are displaying too.