Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Crom Bás Part 2 update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/71292/crom-b-s-unveiled-abyss-part-2-patch-notes-january-13th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Another shot at Paladin

SebSeb
Mabinogi Rep: 710
Posts: 4
Member
edited February 13, 2020 in General Chat
Hey there, my name is Seb, formerly known as Derron, and , former Ruairi server-goer before the merger was in effect. I've enjoyed my time here in mabi like most players that are still around have aswell, but as of late, I've had a minor regret.

As content continues to mature the vast amount of players within the world, I look to the skills of an old generation at times to seek both sustainability and a chance to keep going, even just a bit longer in a fight. The skills I'm referring to are Dark Knight and Paladin. Dark Knight and Paladin are two skills that have stood the test of time, for some, even more so when it comes to Paladin, due to it's passives.

While there's an off chance that you transform without all of your standers activating or having less HP/MP/SP and all other stats boosted via an ability like the Dark Knight transformation stat roll boost, you have access to a VERY vital skill, one that plays a big part in the late game for humans. Sword of Order is an amazing skill that, when given a proper Echostone, can give you 134 extra max damage, which can be put towards dealing even deadlier amounts of precious damage that could help out so much in the long run.

I ask that we come together, that we make it known that we human mains want another redemption event, a chance to go back to Paladin and try some new things out with it, things that we overlooked when Dark Knight showed up in its sleek black armor and high base stats.

That's all I have to say here, thank you for your time.

TL;DR--Nexon should bring back the Redemption event, pretty please.
Darknessrey
  1. Should players have the ability to switch between transformations?11 votes
    1. Yes! I think that would be great!
       73% (8 votes)
    2. No! I'm allergic to change! And scared of it too...
       27% (3 votes)

Comments

  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,810
    Posts: 4,520
    Member
    Seb wrote: »
    Hey there, my name is Seb, formerly known as Derron, and , former Ruairi server-goer before the merger was in effect. I've enjoyed my time here in mabi like most players that are still around have aswell, but as of late, I've had a minor regret.

    As content continues to mature the vast amount of players within the world, I look to the skills of an old generation at times to seek both sustainability and a chance to keep going, even just a bit longer in a fight. The skills I'm referring to are Dark Knight and Paladin. Dark Knight and Paladin are two skills that have stood the test of time, for some, even more so when it comes to Paladin, due to it's passives.

    While there's an off chance that you transform without all of your standers activating or having less HP/MP/SP and all other stats boosted via an ability like the Dark Knight transformation stat roll boost, you have access to a VERY vital skill, one that plays a big part in the late game for humans. Sword of Order is an amazing skill that, when given a proper Echostone, can give you 134 extra max damage, which can be put towards dealing even deadlier amounts of precious damage that could help out so much in the long run.

    I ask that we come together, that we make it known that we human mains want another redemption event, a chance to go back to Paladin and try some new things out with it, things that we overlooked when Dark Knight showed up in its sleek black armor and high base stats.

    That's all I have to say here, thank you for your time.

    TL;DR--Nexon should bring back the Redemption event, pretty please.

    I'm "tall", and so am not effected by this, but I agree you should be able to go back and forth as often as you want, like you can with demigod.
    Seb
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,255
    Posts: 232
    Member
    Seb wrote: »
    I ask that we come together, that we make it known that we human mains want another redemption event, a chance to go back to Paladin and try some new things out with it, things that we overlooked when Dark Knight showed up in its sleek black armor and high base stats.

    That's all I have to say here, thank you for your time.

    TL;DR--Nexon should bring back the Redemption event, pretty please.

    How can there be "another" of an event that never happened? But more importantly, why come together and ask for the ability to switch between two outdated and mostly useless options when we could come together for an actual revamp that makes all transformations worthwhile? Theres quite a few threads asking for transformation revamps already, you might want to show some support to those instead so the problem of DK being worthless endgame and Paladin only being useful with one specific reforge, both could actually provide useful relevant scaling boosts that would actually be worth using in combat.
    SebLiberateCrimsọn
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,300
    Posts: 499
    Member
    I want to stay Pally (cake) and get the DK journal achievement (eat), so I'd love for the ability to switch or at least a redemption event.
    Seb
  • SebSeb
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Seb wrote: »
    I ask that we come together, that we make it known that we human mains want another redemption event, a chance to go back to Paladin and try some new things out with it, things that we overlooked when Dark Knight showed up in its sleek black armor and high base stats.

    That's all I have to say here, thank you for your time.

    TL;DR--Nexon should bring back the Redemption event, pretty please.

    How can there be "another" of an event that never happened? But more importantly, why come together and ask for the ability to switch between two outdated and mostly useless options when we could come together for an actual revamp that makes all transformations worthwhile? Theres quite a few threads asking for transformation revamps already, you might want to show some support to those instead so the problem of DK being worthless endgame and Paladin only being useful with one specific reforge, both could actually provide useful relevant scaling boosts that would actually be worth using in combat.

    That would be a side effect of BRINGING it back, there was a redemption event in the past where you could switch back, putting more interest and awareness into this is exactly what we need for any kind of change to be set into motion to make both of the transformations more relevant to the current games itinerary. Keep an open mind.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,660
    Posts: 949
    Member
    I'd like to see Soul of Chaos removed from my "Unlearned" tab WITHOUT becoming a DK.
    Enziio
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,020
    Posts: 139
    Member
    Seb wrote: »
    That would be a side effect of BRINGING it back, there was a redemption event in the past where you could switch back, putting more interest and awareness into this is exactly what we need for any kind of change to be set into motion to make both of the transformations more relevant to the current games itinerary. Keep an open mind.
    There was never any genuine "Redemption Event". When the quest to become a Dark Knight was released on the live servers in KR there was a bug to where you couldn't choose at the end to not become a dark knight and you were forced to change. When the bug was fixed the GMs allowed players to request to revert back to a Paladin.

    I agree though that we need a revamp for Paladin/Dark Knight.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,685
    Posts: 774
    Member
    People just want to make bad decisions and never have to deal with the consequences of it.

    You're a dark knight forever and it serves you right.
    BlissfulkillWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,755
    Posts: 6,955
    Member
    So glad i decided to stay Pally because i hated Dark Knights look, while most players went with it because of unlimited tranformatiom duration as long as you keep your HP high and also heard about a glitch where a title stats would stay with DK tranformation.
  • SebSeb
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Eralea wrote: »
    People just want to make bad decisions and never have to deal with the consequences of it.

    You're a dark knight forever and it serves you right.

    Well actually, because of my build, Dark Knight actually makes me literally indestructible in terms of MAX HP when using my one handed ego, but please, do bring that forward in a Duel later on, I would love to see what your other views are.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,810
    Posts: 4,520
    Member
    While were dreaming . . .
    1) Allow unlimited switching back and forth; lore be damned.
    2) Create an animal transform for humans like Beast and Falcon.
    3) Allow elves and giants to become Paladin and Dark Knight. So maybe restore the old G2, G3, G5, and G6.
    4) Allow animal and Knight transformations to stack.

    I mean, given the power creep in this game, would double super Saiyan really matter now?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,660
    Posts: 949
    Member
    Liberate wrote: »
    Seb wrote: »
    That would be a side effect of BRINGING it back, there was a redemption event in the past where you could switch back, putting more interest and awareness into this is exactly what we need for any kind of change to be set into motion to make both of the transformations more relevant to the current games itinerary. Keep an open mind.
    There was never any genuine "Redemption Event". When the quest to become a Dark Knight was released on the live servers in KR there was a bug to where you couldn't choose at the end to not become a dark knight and you were forced to change. When the bug was fixed the GMs allowed players to request to revert back to a Paladin.

    I agree though that we need a revamp for Paladin/Dark Knight.

    I know I'm replying to a year old post, but the thought is nagging at me.

    JP also had a redemption event, for a different reason: while they could refuse to change to a Dark Knight, the translation originally forgot to mention you can't change back, so people who thought they could change back, but couldn't, but still wanted to, got their chance.

    I think.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,920
    Posts: 8,688
    Member
    Paladin and Dark Knight aren't really relevant anymore and haven't been for years. I would like for them to buff it and make it relevant again.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,810
    Posts: 4,520
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Paladin and Dark Knight aren't really relevant anymore and haven't been for years. I would like for them to buff it and make it relevant again.

    Would being able to stack animal and Knight transforms be buff enough?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,740
    Posts: 710
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Paladin and Dark Knight aren't really relevant anymore and haven't been for years. I would like for them to buff it and make it relevant again.

    Would being able to stack animal and Knight transforms be buff enough?

    What?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,810
    Posts: 4,520
    Member
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Paladin and Dark Knight aren't really relevant anymore and haven't been for years. I would like for them to buff it and make it relevant again.

    Would being able to stack animal and Knight transforms be buff enough?

    What?

    No need to be confused. The answer's in the thread. Read it through; don't skim.
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Posts: 44
    Member
    I dont even think they have to change much to make transformations at least usable, its just making sure titles dont get overwritten, right? Thats the core of it?

    The reason that transformations dont really provide that much punch anymore is that they are just stat boosts with a minor heal attached. And since the stats dont really get boosted all that much, its really about the same as a persona, which who even uses those? I just tried claudius' conspiracy and my stats dropped :P
    And with my beast transformation, i gain a grand total of 1 max damage.

    With at least title bonuses staying, ill gain the side benefits of transformation, like my will capping out, and my low dex getting a little boost.

    If you want transformations to be another tier of power, all you gotta do is give transformations a unique boost that nothing else gets. My recommendation? A 10-15% increase in cooldown speed. Any more would be too much, because cooldowns can almost directly be mapped to dps.
    It would increase the feeling of speed while playing with a transformation active, and would be unique enough to give it a place in the game.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,020
    Posts: 300
    Member
    Paladin and Dark Knight are basically the last resort when facing a strong boss, such as Tech Duinn, Rabbie Phantasm, and Generation Quest. Problem is that they are not flexible with situational skills. Therefore, both transformations are in a state of neglect due to the fast-paced combat and raw power. Those who chose Dark Knight can no longer go back to Paladin. You will have to accept that regret.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,810
    Posts: 4,520
    Member
    Mizuko wrote: »
    ... Those who chose Dark Knight can no longer go back to Paladin. You will have to accept that regret.

    I think not having to do that is the point of the thread.
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Posts: 45
    Member
    Hm... Should this be in the suggestion forum? Anyways, Irrelevant or not, I agree. While it's outdated and asking to be in a revamp, It's long overdue for an update on the Racial transformations. Humans switching from DK to Pally again? Screw lore. Screw "Faction" PvP. Whomever thought it was a good idea to include faction PvP was probably wanting to capitalize the Faction PvP of WoW. Mabi isn't even a PvP game anyways.

    I don't use trans anymore because:
    - It overrides my title, which may give me better stats.
    - I can't crisis escape. Give me a better aggro management skill that ISNT Divine Link or a Technique.
    - The stats are irrelevant at Mid to Late game content.
    - Vital Surge makes its healing irrelevant.

    I WOULD use it again IF:
    - It doesn't override my title.
    - It doesn't restrict crisis escape- Assuming that the reason for this restriction is NOT preventing a glitch during the dev phase.
    - The stats actually matters.
    - Upon transforming, I (And divine linked pet) lose aggro and become aggro immune for 4-10+ seconds. Assuming that I'm not attacking.
    - Upon transforming, I stun nearby monsters.
    - The transformation automatically goes into deadly on any fatal hit once.

    Either way, its overdue for an update.