Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do freestyle jams work

NovancyNovancy
Mabinogi Rep: 780
in Help
I've looked all over for answers but even the Wikia did have this in it.

Is the amount of combos you can get random? Sometimes it gives me one line of AWSD combos and then ends the jam, sometimes it allows me to try 2, 3 and very rarely 4. I've tested landing different levels of great for the initial F1 thing and it seems totally random.

I just want to know if I can increase the abiblity to be offered 3 combos, because I find the quest requirements very annoying for getting 3 combos if I'm usually only offered between 1 and 2. Thanks!

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Unless you're one of these super-typists, I think, you just have to wait until RNGesus smiles upon you and you get some easy sequences.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    there is about 10 seconds between each combo so if you count to 10 after each combo ends it usually helps. combos are random but they all appear one after another every 10 seconds. I think I have gotten a combo as high as 20 before but most of the time I get 15 or less. the number of combos that will appear will also depend on the length on the song you are playing. so I would suggest using a really long score scroll like the ending song for Spirited Away at rank 1 for example. a song like that would give you more then enough chances to reach 5 combos.
  • NovancyNovancy
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    ty for the reply Helsa! i dont have an issue getting combos, I have an issue being offered combos before the jam ends ^^

OH, ty Negumiko!
    I didn't realize the length of the song was the issue. I totally didn't even think of that, so silly of me. I never use score scrolls when I do them for quests. Now I know XD