Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

it smells like a extended maintenance......

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    i'm guessing it's still down? i checked the announcement and it said something about fynni pets...
    yeah, would make sense.. it came out after Nao merge so it was never an issue then

I saw that too. I haven't done any Pet Trainer stuff yet at all. How are Fynni pets different than regular pets?

you use other pets/fynni to strengthen them, they get a skill that makes them stronger the more you sacrifice fynni/other pets, and they get their own element which does more DPS (and some are AoE)
    also if you use another pet with an inventory, it merges with the pet you are strengthening, so its nice when you have too many pets and can afford to get rid of some, or you could just buy pets from the cash shop/AH, but it's definitely expensive, you can have up to i think 2 other inventories added on to the original, so three inventories
    sorry if i made things more confusing, i'm not good with explaining things
    Kaga
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    i'm guessing it's still down? i checked the announcement and it said something about fynni pets...
    yeah, would make sense.. it came out after Nao merge so it was never an issue then

I saw that too. I haven't done any Pet Trainer stuff yet at all. How are Fynni pets different than regular pets?

you use other pets/fynni to strengthen them, they get a skill that makes them stronger the more you sacrifice fynni/other pets, and they get their own element which does more DPS (and some are AoE)
    also if you use another pet with an inventory, it merges with the pet you are strengthening, so its nice when you have too many pets and can afford to get rid of some, or you could just buy pets from the cash shop/AH, but it's definitely expensive, you can have up to i think 2 other inventories added on to the original, so three inventories

More self confidence, my dear, you're doing fine! So is that 3 separate inventories like how our characters can have Basic, Vip, and Me tabs?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    The client runs, but upon reaching the character select screen, it seems to read the character information forever. Still down.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Shakaya wrote: »
    My guess is that someone saw Katherz's post to not use fynn sync, logged in ASAP, and instead of going for a seal stone or a guild stone placement, the first thing they did was use fynn sync on a blackrobed fynni pet and broke the whole server.

Doubtful. Something like that, I think, could be cured with a reboot.
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    The same is happening to me. Could be massive amount of people trying to log in or it still needs fixing. I'm gonna just wait. I don't think anything bad might happen if you stay on character selection page and it crashes...but not taking that chance.
  • HelsaHelsa
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    The same is happening to me. Could be massive amount of people trying to log in or it still needs fixing. I'm gonna just wait. I don't think anything bad might happen if you stay on character selection page and it crashes...but not taking that chance.

At first, like you, I thought it was a big log-in jam, but they say it's a problem with Fynni pets. Since it says it's loading information, somewhere it is getting confused, say, with Fynni pets, but I get the same thing and I have never had any Fynni pets. I have two computers. For my Alexina character it just kept trying to load while for my Nao character it punted me back to the old client log-in screen. Both Nao and Alexina no longer exist but it was Alexina's data that was altered. So, my guess is for you Naowegians this is just a waiting game while us Alexinans will be biting our nails.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

More self confidence, my dear, you're doing fine! So is that 3 separate inventories like how our characters can have Basic, Vip, and Me tabs?

yes! the space of the two extra inventories is based on what other pets you merged it with though
    if you already merged two other pets and merge a third, the third one replaces an inventory if its bigger, so if i used a mimic pet and then used a corgi (i would never do this btw), the corgis bigger inventory would replace it (i think it replaces the smallest inventory of the two but i could be wrong)
  • HelsaHelsa

yes! the space of the two extra inventories is based on what other pets you merged it with though
    if you already merged two other pets and merge a third, the third one replaces an inventory if its bigger, so if i used a mimic pet and then used a corgi (i would never do this btw), the corgis bigger inventory would replace it (i think it replaces the smallest inventory of the two but i could be wrong)

Okay, in that case, put me down for 2P ET (11A PT 7P CET)
  • ReneGamerReneGamer
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    I'm also experiencing the continuous character loading screen. I have noticed that it is graphically only showing the two unused character cards that I have on my account, just spinning and spinning. Is a bit of a bummer. I was really hoping to get a little bit of Mabinogi in tonight, my night off from work. But I do understand that something like a server merge can get messy. Hope to see it working soon.
  • FerghusonJRFerghusonJR
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    guys am sorry to have to say this but............unknown.png
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    "Looks at loading sceen" Hey, better wait for 1:40 and still counting.
    FerghusonJR
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    If we missed a day, there will be potential extensions of the event and reimbursement, such as free VIP service for a week or a month. I hope this could happen.
    FerghusonJRSherri
  • AnonemouseAnonemouse
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited April 15, 2022
    I am also experiencing the seemingly endless spinning unused character (2) and pet creation (1) cards along with the pop-up notice "Reading character information" on the character creation screen. I am wondering if the unused pet creation card is having some sort of impact given the problem that was happening with the Fynni pets. (I have a Fynni, it has been merged once with a Fynni pet (whistle), retaining the original Fynni.) I believe the unused pet card is the freebie horse. I am from Nao (formerly of Mari), if that has any relevance to the issue, and some of my pets and characters still had the +Mari extension from the previous merge. Also, pet inventory expansion pouches may have been used on some pets.
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    So, is it not working for some or everyone?
  • ExaveorExaveor
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    So, is it not working for some or everyone?

I guess it "was" working for some. Now it's not working for anyone because they took the servers down again.

Server will be going down at 10:10 PM PDT. No ETA on when they will be back up.
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Thanks for the info. :)
  • MademayakiMademayaki
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    So why is my game still allegedly under maintenance?
  • SyruneStarlightSyruneStarlight
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    I'm just gonna say, I better be compensated for services I've bought and cannot use currently.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mademayaki wrote: »
    So why is my game still allegedly under maintenance?

We can only guess. So here's mine. I don't know why it would matter but there is something about Fynni pets that they either overlooked or forgot about so that, when they merged all the data, something didn't survive the merge. So, they've gone to their backup copy, setup everything the way they should have, and are redoing the merge.

Fynni pets can have multiple inventories. So, maybe they forgot about that and only their primary inventories copied over. So, they're doing it again taking that into account. This is only a guess and frankly I really can't see how that could be the problem since they only have to change the server name to 'Erinn' and ensure character names are unique. That should be it.

I haven't looked into Fynni pets yet, do they have names? Is there something weird about how they are named?
    FerghusonJR
  • Elf_sanElf_san
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Fynni pets are just normal pets with buffs and more inventories. They keep whatever name they had when you adopted them.
    FerghusonJR