Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PETITION: Remove the BOAT or FIX the blacklist!

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
edited October 23, 2023 in General Chat
This is not a suggestion, I am not going to put it in suggestions because this an official petition.

We are tired of the BOAT.

cDrAoJm.png
BAuwFCH.png
My nick name for this monstrosity is BOAT all in caps. :D

This chair is a nuisance and a lot of players agree. Griefers use it to disrupt friend and guild hangouts as well as other activities in Dunbarton. Griefers will intentionally block the view using this monstrosity around the main entrance to the town and all the way to the bank where a lot of players hang out. This is causing people to disperse to other areas or channels. Players are becoming increasingly fed up to the point where they just give up and log out. This is obviously not good for the game or this community and blacklisting doesn't accomplish anything.

Now this doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen it becomes an ongoing saga until the perpetrator get bored or something. Sometimes that can takes days. There are numerous efforts from players to knock them off the chair using Enthralling Performance to lure in red spiders or bears. It will work for a little while but then the griefer (with a never-ending supply of alts) will just resume sitting back in their chair completely thwarting those player's time and efforts.

Granted it's a fun chair to have and I'm not going to request it's removal outright (but if that is the only way due to limitations of coding then so be it), but something needs to be done. We are petitioning it's restriction. Please bring this up to the devs and have them come up with some way to ban or restrict THIS specific chair from being used in towns, market places, AND event areas.

Please help us.

If you agree then please sign this petition by leaving a comment. Thank you.

@Arciellia
NioughtbobaliciousJolinar+Mari

Comments

• ShunklaShunkla
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,430
    edited September 17, 2023
    I'm signing this petition. I agree 100% with this!
    The player that was doing this was clearly multi-clienting to do this as well.
    1a73dd64e5c43b8143c24a13640aae1f.jpg
    6b031867cfd3c78beefd77bfa3575de2.jpg
    CrimsọnNiought
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Just make it so the chair can't be used near a npc or personal shop. Don't let players use it in indoors areas and when you blacklist someone their chair vanishes as well. That would solve most of the problems. I rarely use my boat chair but when I do I try to make sure it is out of the way of anything important and I put it away if anyone asks me to. Some players actually like being flattened by the boat and get mad when I move it. Use your boat the right way, don't act like a drunk sailor that everyone hates.

Chairs are meant to be shown off though. They are literally afk mounts to look cool and draw attention while your not even playing the game. But I think there needs to be a line between showing off and intentionally trying make it harder for someone to play and enjoy the game. This chair doesn't need to be removed or made smaller, it just needs some limitations on where you can use it.

The Blacklist system needs a serious update though. When you Blacklist someone they should not be able see your character or what you type cause right now they can basically stalk you. I would like to see the Blacklist get it's own separate tab so Blacklisting players doesn't eat up space on your friends list. This way you could Blacklist 200 players and have up to 200 players on your Friends List.

yacht_abuse_by_kittykira_dg9d94q-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjkyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZzlkOTRxLTM5MzUyZmQ5LTE2MjQtNDI4YS1hNWI1LWJiZTM2YzdmMjM2MS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTA1MSJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.E5n_1YgvxddY5qDuLYBM2Cpw_RSReXNpwm1xecBSPLY
    CrimsọnNioughtMarsBarsFromTheStarsJolinar+Mari
  • ShunklaShunkla
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,430
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Just make it so the chair can't be used near a npc or personal shop. Don't let players use it in indoors areas and when you blacklist someone their chair vanishes as well. That would solve most of the problems. I rarely use my boat chair but when I do I try to make sure it is out of the way of anything important and I put it away if anyone asks me to. Some players actually like being flattened by the boat and get mad when I move it. Use your boat the right way, don't act like a drunk sailor that everyone hates.

Chairs are meant to be shown off though. They are literally afk mounts to look cool and draw attention while your not even playing the game. But I think there needs to be a line between showing off and intentionally trying make it harder for someone to play and enjoy the game. This chair doesn't need to be removed or made smaller, it just needs some limitations on where you can use it.

The Blacklist system needs a serious update though. When you Blacklist someone they should not be able see your character or what you type cause right now they can basically stalk you. I would like to see the Blacklist get it's own separate tab so Blacklisting players doesn't eat up space on your friends list. This way you could Blacklist 200 players and have up to 200 players on your Friends List.

yacht_abuse_by_kittykira_dg9d94q-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjkyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZzlkOTRxLTM5MzUyZmQ5LTE2MjQtNDI4YS1hNWI1LWJiZTM2YzdmMjM2MS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTA1MSJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.E5n_1YgvxddY5qDuLYBM2Cpw_RSReXNpwm1xecBSPLY

I so agree with you on the blacklist. I feel like if you blacklist someone, they should also NOT be able to see you, not on alts or anything. Make this a reality mabinogi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CrimsọnNegumikoJolinar+Mari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 18, 2023
    Shunkla wrote: »
    I so agree with you on the blacklist. I feel like if you blacklist someone, they should also NOT be able to see you, not on alts or anything. Make this a reality mabinogi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually made that suggestion a while back that the blacklist function needs some serious updates. The blacklisted player should not be able to view you or be able to see what you say. https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/26398/feature-block-player-much-needed-updates
    This could become an alternate solution to this problem we're facing with the BOAT.

NioughtJolinar+Mari
  • QuellzQuellz
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Signing the petition too, these chairs are abused way too often.
    CrimsọnNiought
  • KaruiexKaruiex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    I am also signing this petition and agree with the blacklist changes!
    CrimsọnNiought
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    These chairs boathers me as deeply as the Mariana Trench. You have to be a giant piece of ship to do this. I hope Nexon does not sail to do anything about this. Signed.
    CrimsọnJolinar+Mari
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    I'm so in on this. A while back I opened a shop (not on ch1) and did some missions. Came back to see someone with that stupid boat covering my player shop. Its so rude and definitely not good for business. Also noticed someone had it on ch1. I feel bad for the laggers, and not too long ago, that would've messed me up as well, so I feel for them. I agree that restrictions might be enough. Also for some older props, you can't set them down with other nearby props, but I think this boat can override both. Its fine for most newer props--even preferable, but maybe this one should be a special case and be more like the older ones where it can't just overlap props.

Also yeah, they definitely need to fix their blacklisting. Along with Crimson's post on that, there's also this.

https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/26531/blocking-blacklisting-and-the-problems-with-it

Really hoping to see an improvement in the blacklisting system, cause in the end, it doesn't do enough, and if we at least had that, then we'll also have less issues with the boats. Along with other harassment issues blacklisting doesn't touch on
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Please keep the signatures coming, share with your friends and have them leave a comment. The only way a thread is noticed is when there are more than a dozen pages and it stays bumped. So let it all out and express your discontent for this monstrosity.

Thank you.
  • ArandelLeigholdArandelLeighold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    As somebody who has never seen this giant brick but has been annoyed by characters blocking NPCs in the game before, I entirely endorse a limitation being put on this thing being used in areas otherwise used for non gigantic boat displaying purposes.
    CrimsọnJolinar+Mari
  • AcuteMapleSicknessAcuteMapleSickness
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    edited September 24, 2023
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Just make it so the chair can't be used near a npc or personal shop.
    I prefer this instead. Just increase the block radius that you cannot use the boat within 1 mile radius of any town or around any civilized areas/buildings/gates/entrances/bridges...etc :D
    Or else the block radius should be at least 2x-5x the size of the visible structure. Currently, it seems to me that they have the same restriction like a small shop permit.

Edited: This is just talking to myself loud. It seems that large chair objects are not following some design guidelines like the visual block vs actual building block ratio. Normally, one would think a 20x10 visual blocks chair should have a 20x10 floor blocks and not just a 1x1 floor blocks. It's very clear when you toggle on the homestead edit mode and see those homestead chairs differences, like some large objects only need a 1x1 floor block to use and I think this boat chair is one of those.
    CrimsọnJolinar+Mari
  • MarsBarsFromTheStarsMarsBarsFromTheStars
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited September 22, 2023
    I agree. These chairs and alts themselves are annoying. They always block NPCs. Maybe some people with alts don't mean it, but how hard is it to go AFK in your homestead instead of blocking everything? I'm not talking about people who casually AFK to the side where they're out of the way, but the ones who surround the NPCs specifically.
    Crimsọn
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    I'm glad y'all have pinged me in this! I know the boats are very invasive for many players...
    I don't know necessarily that it will be possible to remove the boats altogether, but if there's some way to hide them, that may be ideal. This can go for more than just the boats as well, too.

Regardless, I'm more than happy to compile all of this feedback and do the best we can!
    CrimsọnJolinar+Mari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 24, 2023
    See? Keep em coming. People don't give the forums enough credit. But we have accomplished many things on here with this game and other games.

Thank you Arcie.
    Arciellia
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    The boat chairs are a nuisance. The multiple giant alts converging on the bank NPC and event NPCs are a nuisance as well.
    Signing petition :)
    CrimsọnNiought
  • YummyYummy
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    You're all just mad because you don't have a big boat like me to park on this fine grass.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yummy wrote: »
    You're all just mad because you don't have a big boat like me to park on this fine grass.

enemy-spotted-andaria.gif
    Jolinar+Mari
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    I contributed to this on ch1 a couple nights ago.

Now I'm gonna do it more (because of this thread) and there is nothing you can do about it because they gave us these chairs. I even said on here that these chairs were going to be disruptive, they did not listen. Now I'm encouraging everyone; get one of these chairs and park it wherever you want.

jJ6oBp0.png

Boat party ch1.

6cc.png

Monkey paw
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Another banger
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    So, I decided to go check out what all the hubub was about. I found a 'boat' and I was totally able to run right through it. So, if the gates to Dunbarton were 'blocked' it was only visually. Some levels of griefing are more like the weather, I suppose.

That's the point. It doesn't hurt anyone, it just makes idiots rage.

I'm trolling but yeah big chairs could use restrictions like Campfire.
    Jolinar+MariNiought
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    How would you feel if someone parked their boat chair on top of your shop causing a visual buyer deterrent? That's a few shops the boats can cover up.
    CrimsọnJolinar+MariNiought