Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rabbie Phantasm's 'A Dreamy Story' Quest question

HarukariHarukari
Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
in General Chat
I'm trying to complete this quest, but for some reason when I talk to the Succubus Queen with the Succubus Scriptures, no new prompts pop up when speaking to her. I ran this 5 times, and each time no new prompts even though I had the scriptures, what am I doing wrong here? The quest doesn't really even explain it, I had to go to the Wiki for guidance but even then I'm still scratching my head. Do I need more than 4 scriptures?

Comments

• NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Do you have all four (or however many) and read them all before talking to her? That's what I think the case is...sadly, I got carried through it once and realized after that I needed those scriptures.

Though from what I understand, it seems like I'm going to have to run it for each scripture too. I'm not sure yet though cause I need to get carried through it and haven't bothered.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Niought wrote: »
    Do you have all four (or however many) and read them all before talking to her? That's what I think the case is...sadly, I got carried through it once and realized after that I needed those scriptures.

Though from what I understand, it seems like I'm going to have to run it for each scripture too. I'm not sure yet though cause I need to get carried through it and haven't bothered.

Yes I have the 4 scriptures on hand, and I have read them before talking to her, but it still won't show new prompts.
  • NioughtNiought
    How about reading each in order after defeating her? That's what it sounds like the wiki is saying to do, at least?

"Each time you defeat her, read a scripture to unlock the next dialog option. You are required to talk to her using the new dialog option in order to progress. You will have to repeat this a total of five times -- once to start with and once after each of four scriptures."

This quest sounds like a total pain and hard to get right.
  • HarukariHarukari
    How about reading each in order after defeating her? That's what it sounds like the wiki is saying to do, at least?

"Each time you defeat her, read a scripture to unlock the next dialog option. You are required to talk to her using the new dialog option in order to progress. You will have to repeat this a total of five times -- once to start with and once after each of four scriptures."

This quest sounds like a total pain and hard to get right.

I wish the in game quest would explain it better, but I don't think I tried that, I was going to, then I ran out of passes. I will absolutely try that whenever I get more passes and my guild wants to do more runs.
    Niought
  • NioughtNiought
    I got ran with a friend today and read the scriptures. The second one I read told me to ask her a certain prompt and I read the third and it said I should ask her more questions first.

So basically you have to unlock each prompt and then talk to her and then unlock the others. One at a time...it feels unnecessary and also the cumulative level on when it unlocks doesn't feel like it matchs up with how hard it is. So I wish the quest was different and you didn't have to spam it so many times. For weaker players, it just sits there for so long in the quest book until they can finally do it
    Yokeimono
  • HarukariHarukari
    I got ran with a friend today and read the scriptures. The second one I read told me to ask her a certain prompt and I read the third and it said I should ask her more questions first.

So basically you have to unlock each prompt and then talk to her and then unlock the others. One at a time...it feels unnecessary and also the cumulative level on when it unlocks doesn't feel like it matchs up with how hard it is. So I wish the quest was different and you didn't have to spam it so many times. For weaker players, it just sits there for so long in the quest book until they can finally do it

So you have to run the dungeon 4 times, read 1 scripture per run, then talk to her? Very tedious, I don't care to run Rabbie Phant much nor does my guildies, so it's gonna be a pain to get them to wanna run it 4 times with me.
    YokeimonoNiought
  • NioughtNiought
    I knooww. Same. Need to do it 2 more times. I get it if they want you to run a grindy dungeon, but why four times? Doesn't help that only the leader can do it, so its not fair to anyone else spamming it with you. Like, if two people did it together because they both have the quest it doesn't even benefit both of you.