Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Introducing the Mabinogi Discord Server!

암호암호
Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
edited October 28, 2020 in General Chat
Hello Milletians! Introducing the Mabinogi Discord Server! This server is open for all Milletians who wish to cross server lines to make new friends, chat with folks of your own server, listen to music, catch up on announcements and much, much more! You can reach the server via link here: https://discord.gg/mabinogi

암호
Former Server Administrator

--Edited to reflect changes.--
BuffalosPoxieRaukuuNegumikoBlissfulkillSunbeamtheGreatAngelhappy43SilentStoryFai7Ichitouand 16 others.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I thought Sabina said we were not going to have our own discord. But I guess it's as Daraeus said "the official unofficial" lol.
    Oblivane
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    XD is this Tasket? I wish... :(

I miss Tasket
    DaktaroOblivane
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    This isn't Tasket nor is it Darameme. We just have two large discord servers now that are the same thing.
    Oblivane
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    thinkinger.png
    ZairakArcataCrazyGingerSherriXxBearslayerxXseulgibearOblivaneAbeniYokoti
  • AdventuremanAdventureman
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    edited February 23, 2017
    no offense nexon but I'm pretty sure there's already an 800+ reddit discord managed by players as well as a smaller but quickly growing 500+ member ALL-SERVER included Discord here -removed- not to mention they consistently have hosted raffles of over 30k NX... is it really a good idea to have nexon staff moderate a player discord or should players be the ones managing the community..
    OblivaneAbeni
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 23, 2017
    Well we actually have some mods and a gm from the game...it's nice. :)
    Oblivane
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    Why does there need to be several mabi discords anyway? Feels kinda pointless and redundant. O well good luck taking care of your little corner of drama when it comes.
    HarukariSherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    -snip-

1) Ok seriously, Discord invite links are 5 characters. Why would you make a TinyURL that's longer? How can I trust that given the rules of the internet?
    2) There isn't an exclusive market on fan discord servers. Let people make their own, and don't try and push your's into their's.
    badnewsbarrettAichannSherri
  • mintielmintiel
    ^Probably because it would be easier to get everyone in one place if we all had one server instead of like 5 or more is what i'm thinking. Yeah there's nothing that says you can't do it, but at the same time, why not just get together and merge 'em into one?

Aside from drama reasons

I ended up joining this I can't believe myself
    Oblivane
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Plus why are you guys discouraging the mods from having their own Mabinogi channel? I mean I understand your reasons but lets face it, there are some unbalanced people running some of those channels. I am extremely glad they have decided to finally undertake this project.
    KitsuyashaAichannOblivane
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I think in order to improve, we'll need to even people out. Multiple generals for real time chat.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    mintiel wrote: »
    ^Probably because it would be easier to get everyone in one place if we all had one server instead of like 5 or more is what i'm thinking. Yeah there's nothing that says you can't do it, but at the same time, why not just get together and merge 'em into one?

Aside from drama reasons

I ended up joining this I can't believe myself

There's a server for the Redditors and now there's one that was put out here on the Forums. Different walks of life and different sorts of people in both those communities, so I see no harm in them being separate. But I also don't see any harm in them being together. I do see harm in these groups trying to shamelessly advertise their servers in a thread made by a guy who just opened his own and wants to try and grow it.
    AichannSherriOblivane
  • mintielmintiel
    Gaea wrote: »
    Plus why are you guys discouraging the mods from having their own Mabinogi channel? I mean I understand your reasons but lets face it, there are some unbalanced people running some of those channels. I am extremely glad they have decided to finally undertake this project.
    There's nothing that says that the mods couldn't get together with people from the reddit and people from other channels, come together, talk stuff out, and potentially merge while having a decent amount of things not only pre established, but a little less hectic. I think the lack of organization is the only thing really unappealing, rather than the presence of mods. I don't think its a matter of people discouraging the mods. But if this is the so called "uniting of people from all of mabi," as one guy put it, then why not reach out to the other servers and sites as well instead of just forum browsers? Would that not be ideal?
    mintiel wrote: »
    There's nothing that says that the mods couldn't get together with people from the reddit and people from other channels, come together, talk stuff out, and potentially merge while having a decent amount of things not only pre established, but a little less hectic. I think the lack of organization is the only thing really unappealing, rather than the presence of mods. I don't think its a matter of people discouraging the mods. But if this is the so called "uniting of people from all of mabi," as one guy put it, then why not reach out to the other servers and sites as well instead of just forum browsers? Would that not be ideal?
    That seems pretty imperialistic on the part of the mods. I mean, what can the mods here offer that reddit doesn't have? In any case, I stopped using reddit after their closing of several reddits which should have remained open.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You know what I think? Just let people do what they want and go where they want. 'Nuff said.
    AlmostNotsuperMissFortuneKitsuyashaSunbeamtheGreatSherriCrisis1Aichann
    There is also a certain practicality in maintaining numbers.

*Although I really question if we will ever hit the 500 mark.
    Faithrend
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Yay, Global discord for mabinogi.... Interesting. Uniting NA with KR owo
  • mintielmintiel
    edited February 23, 2017
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ O well we will have to agree to disagree before this turns into some sort of -removed-
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 23, 2017
    Yay, Global discord for mabinogi.... Interesting. Uniting NA with KR owo

I think when they mean global it means all the NA servers. I doubt KR's community knows about this channel yet and even if they did there would more than likely be language barriers. I mean can you read hangul?
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    I mean can you read hangul?

*Raises Hand*