Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Pretty sure I managed to break the event somehow, Nexon halp..
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 2, 2017
    @ParadoxLost Did you Complete the quest for the event? That might be the trigger to start distribution.

Also, if Completing the quest doesn't do anything, contact Nexon via Live Chat in the Support section.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    the quest auto-completes though as far as I know, so I don't think that's the problem
  • Yna_LillaithYna_Lillaith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    have you been changing channels? that sometimes resets your log
  • Nicostlx087Nicostlx087
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Is the repaired stars tradable ?
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Is the repaired stars tradable ?
    nope = 3 =

out of the 15 chances we had so far, my alt got 3 stars and my main got only 1 OTL mm dat rng

• VeraduxVeradux
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    I was logged in without changing channels for 6 hours and did not receive a chisel. Only after getting DC'd and relogging did I get one set of 5. Even when I got the attendance event item it did not give me the chisels.

This event is a perfect combination of good ideas delivered in the wrong way.
    SkaidrojumiLittlerabbit
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Looks like Nexon is telling us a message. I'm hearing "everyone that ain't strong with them level 20 reforges and 10k total levels better stop playing! We only want the bestest players here. Everyone else can piss off!"
    SylviaWolfeSherriPeloi
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Did they up the rates because I just got 3 pieces on 3 consecutive intermediate runs
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 3, 2017
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Looks like Nexon is telling us a message. I'm hearing "everyone that ain't strong with them level 20 reforges and 10k total levels better stop playing! We only want the bestest players here. Everyone else can piss off!"

I think you are overreacting.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 3, 2017
    guys don't even bother with HM conflict (unless you're in it for the gold). I spammed basic with 3 friends last night and got a star piece almost every run...and so did my friends
    Nilrem
  • BugbearBugbear
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    Am I the only one who didn't get today's chisels after the 7 am reset?
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Alright! I think hard missions really have 100% rate on star pieces.
    9 Shadow Warrior hard gave me 9 pieces. To think, this mission is doable with just r1 Smash and r1 Lullaby + maybe lvl 30 horse to smack the boss along with you. Manageable for a total newbie since one can keep collecting the daily chisels while training the skills, to run all the SMs later. Both could be trained in the new Music mini-Math dungeon.
    Now, with the actual star drop rates from the pieces it's either the suit or the pet pretty much. With pieces dropping 1 star per 7-10 pieces?... I'll try to not open the same color pieces to not waste the chisels I guess and trade/sell those in a small hope to get to both.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Veradux wrote: »
    This event is a perfect combination of good ideas delivered in the wrong way.

Well put. The premise of it works, do some missions and eventually get your prizes. But as for the low leveled people this just doesn't work, and therefore the rich get richer (or in this case the pros get sparkly cloud pets).
    badnewsbarrett
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited March 3, 2017
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    9 Shadow Warrior hard gave me 9 pieces. To think, this mission is doable with just r1 Smash and r1 Lullaby + maybe lvl 30 horse to smack the boss along with you. Manageable for a total newbie since one can keep collecting the daily chisels while training the skills, to run all the SMs later. Both could be trained in the new Music mini-Math dungeon.
    Now, with the actual star drop rates from the pieces it's either the suit or the pet pretty much. With pieces dropping 1 star per 7-10 pieces?... I'll try to not open the same color pieces to not waste the chisels I guess and trade/sell those in a small hope to get to both.

I know someone said a few posts ago they think the drop rate must have been upped so it's possible because I ran Hard the first day and got nothing :/ (I did Mobilizing The Force in Tara, I know that's not the exact name but I forget it right now D:)

Yesterday I ran the same one but on Int about four or five times and only got a piece from one run, gave up after that because I got bored v.v
    Skaidrojumi
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    It's easy to get bored doing the same ones over and over, especially ones you have to run around a lot in. I've been spamming conflict since it's quick and straight to the point.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Tsumikki wrote: »

Yeah I'm starting to notice each time I do a Hard Their Method, I get a piece.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365

Not sure where you're getting that from. Difficulty doesn't seem to actually matter, and besides that, being effective in HM missions doesn't require a whole lot.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    It's easy to get bored doing the same ones over and over, especially ones you have to run around a lot in. I've been spamming conflict since it's quick and straight to the point.

I agree it's easy to get bored but if it gave me an event prize each time, I wouldn't have mind lol. Only took me about eight minutes each run, give or take. I might try again later and see if I do get better drops, if not I'm probably not gonna bother with the event anymore.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I literally lulzed. You can't be serious or even close. HMs aren't that demanding.
    Greta